Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Win One And You'r Done?

I've heard a rumor of this Win One And You'r Done. In this case win one CC and you can't win another so other people will have a chance. If this is true... Can we go to other States and win their CCs? If this is the case after I grab my CC in WA I am SO invading OR. :cool:

Last edited:
Sounds like a false rumor. CCs are too small for you to be denied. But dont kwote me on it.

Last edited:
For Gym Challenges, that would be understandable. Even Regionals. But Citys? No way. There's going to be 2, maybe 3, alone for the St. Louis area. So no way.

I hope they don't do that. Because personally, I'll play to win in all events this year. More than likely.

~Jim

I'm not so keen on this one.

If there weren't travel restrictions, what is there to differentiate Cities from Gym's and States sans the invites?
The skill level and attendance of Cities should be comporable to that of it's host league, esp. in the younger age groups. Cities should foster that competitive/community-building aspect that is much need among less experienced players in the TCG.

States, Gym Challenges, and Regionals should be more no-holds barred events, with the exception of invites and prize support.

JMO

--Weedler

let me get this straighten out, POP has not put out anything regarding city champs, as far as it looks, a person may win more than one city. They are not restricted to winning one city, if such an idea happens, you would most likely see it coming about later in the season, but right now you can rest easy...

CMT​

I see them doing that for the States and Regs cause of whats at stake. But if they don't then, If a player is good enough, they should go for the win. But JMO. I really see States upward being one and done.

whew, since im going to play again this year (was thinking of quitting playing and just judging, but after the grinder, 24/252) Im gonna play in my 2 cities in Nevada, and then CA and Nv states, a couple regionals, and then nats and worlds!

Chaw...win one and done for cities? NOPE.

We need more metal on our wall...MeMPHis I am looking at you....

YOu are just used to dealing with my kids...now you have to deal with me BWHAHAHAHAHA.

Talk to you soon....

CHAW PIGLETS...the best age group of all!

M45

meganium45 said:
We need more metal on our wall...MeMPHis I am looking at you....

M45
I already told you that you can't hang me up on the wall.

I would understand Gym Challenge's, even Regionals. But Citys? No way.

"One-and-done" may make sense for States and Regionals, but it makes absolutely no sense for Cities. Cities are about as informal a setting as one can get in a Premier tournament, since there are so many of them. (The only thing that could be more informal would be Prereleases.)

Speaking from personal experience, Cities are a time of experimentation, a time to see what works and what doesn't in the current archetype, a time to hone one's skills, and a time to pick up some major bragging rights. If Cities became "one-and-done," then most of this would be lost. (However, if I ever won a City Championship, I would take it easy for the remaining Cities in my area, just to let others get a shot. I'm simply that nice.)

- Croatian_Nidoking

While one-and-done would not elminate many people from more major events (such as states), it wouldn't really be fair to people in later CCs, since they could wind up with much of their player base out of action due to the large number of CCs.

Last edited:
Back