Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wizards era Exeggcutor deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the whole power creep article and stuff, I've been thinking lately about older cards that still can pack a punch. There were some quite good cards in the wizards era that weren't really noticed cause of cards like sneasel. I decided to try making decks using only wizards cards (base to skyridge) and here's one of the ones I came up with:

Egg Blast

Pokemon (17):
3 Squirtle (EX 131)
1 Wartortle (EX 92)
3 Blastoise (B)
4 Exeggcute (AQ 77)
4 Exeggutor (AQ 12)
2 Cleffa (NG)

Trainers (29):
1 Misty’s Tears
1 Energy Amplifier
1 Switch
2 Gust of Wind
2 Energy Removal
2 Nightly Garbage Run
2 Computer Search
2 Gold Berry
3 Dual Ball
3 Pokemon Breeder
3 Professor Elm’s Training Method
3 Bill
4 Fisherman

Energy (14):
4 Recycle
10 Water

Although it uses some of the more popular cards like Blastoise and Cleffa, the main one is Exceggutor and from what I can gather that wasn't used a whole lot (I took a break from the game during most of the E era.) The strategy is to have blastoise shower himself with water energies and then discard them with egg's attack for some good damage (if you flip good.) NGR and Fisherman are there to clean up the mess and save your energies (and recycle really helps too.) I also thought it might be fun to experiment with Misty's tears and Energy amp a little bit. Anyway, tell me what you think!

try to add in more trainers or pokemon that can give you a good amount of speed. with enough speed to get set-up it can be good.

I'd replace Prof. Elm's Training Method with some Oracle (Skyridge) and Fastball (Skyridge).
You could also fit in some Oak, Bill, and Bill's Teleporter (Neo Genesis).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back