Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wolf Unbalanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electipwner

Hi Everybody,

Me and my brother are avid SSBB players and currently have a dispute about Wolf. I am of the opinion that he is too fast and powerful to be balanced against the other characters in no-item matches. My brother says that he IS balanced but I simply don't appriciate the skill needed to control him. We are both evenly matched and rarely lose online so it is not a matter of skill.

Does anybody have opinoins on this?

~Electipwner

I do agree that he is both fast and powerful. Wolf is indeed a beast, both figuratively and literally. I think he could have been a tad slower, but I love using him. He is going to be Tier 1.

I don't like him at all. The way he moves to me is very readable.
I main Lucas/Olimar, and when I'm up against a Wolf, I feel like I have so many out's against his attacks (it could just be the way my character picks play though).

Just takes practice with Wolf to break him. I myself dont like him. Seems to easy for me. A challage for me was Lucario and which im using now. Lucario is slow and needs close rage combat but ounce you master him there is no stop

My 2 cents

Wolf's one of my mains. I don't think he is THAT great, and as far as just running goes, he one of the slowest characters in the game. Now admittedly, his smash A move which does a double hit is beastly fast, but I mean with his Final Smash being pretty suckish, depending on the course, and having moves that can really not get you where you want, he just not that great. I like using him, but for competitive play, hes not very good.

seems to me that any character that wins alot is usually broken, not just in terms of how often its used, but the spamming involved with the characters which is very unavoidable.

Wolf has a laser unlike falco and fox, Wolfs laser interrupts any god forsaken thing you can think of, try to come back on the stage, hit by the laser, down you go, it can be spammed at the start, by the time you get done dodging it and next to wolf, his smash is going to get you, its just a rinse and repeat method and all Wolf players do it thats at the top or near the top of any competitive ladder.

But wolf is not the only one, theirs chain grabs and spamming of moves from King Dedede and Ice Climbers to which is the same rinse and repeat method wolf uses, although Ice climbers chain grabs are not absolute affective in getting a kill at the end like dedede and wolfs are.

from what I have noticed in this game so far, it seems skill is just in the shadow of spamming when it comes to competitive play and actually winning.

really since release, I am still learning of the stale unavoidable techniques by characters in this game since I am mainly an ike and ganon player, I hardly touch anyone else, even though it would probably help more.

I find Wolf's forward smash rather easy to shield grab, just so long as he is far enough from you when he uses it that he doesn't just go right by you. Even if he is too close and goes by you, there is a moment of cool down lag for you to capitalize on.

lol guys....

but on topic, I find Wolf to be bad for me. I always end up killing myself with his over B attack. And his UP B recover is garbage, like I'll get stuck underneath of Final Destination all the time. I like people with better recovery moves that actually recover :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back