Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Woodbridge, VA EX Power Keepers PR Feb 3

totoro

Woodbridge, Va. EX Power Keepers Prerelease!

TOURNAMENT INFO:

Date: Saturday, Feb 3, 2007
Time: Registration is from 11-noon Tourney starts after. Noon will be a "hard" cut-off, so don't get angry if you show at 12:05!!

14400 Smoketown Rd.
Woodbridge, Va. 22192
(703) 551-4200

Bring your POP ID if you have one. If you this is your first event, we'll issue you an ID!!

Entry Fee: $20 (STILL!!)-all players get 6 EX Power Keepers booster packs to make (and keep all!) a 40-card deck (including energy) for use in the tournament. Basic Energy will be provided.

Tournament structure: The Tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Floor Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

Door Prizes:
New Ultra Pro Pokémon Sleeves (will be given away as soon as packs are open for you to use immediately!!)
Pikachu mini-beanie
3 Pack of Power Keepers
Pokémon Battle Frontier Lucario Action Figure
Pokémon Battle Frontier Multi-Pack w/ Spheal, Shiftry, and Mudkip Action Figures + a "Mystery Item"

All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: EX Power Keepers Prerelease stamped Promo Card and promotional item. Plus, all participants will receive 2 additional booster packs after the conclusion of the tournament.

Can't WAIT to see these cards!!!!

Last edited:
SS7, for prereleases, we typically lump the deck creation time in with a lunch break. Given that Game Parlor has plenty of food places in the same shopping center, you should have time for yummy lunch!

we may skip prereleases this time and buy a box.... so we may not be at the VA ones.... oh well.. (we ARE going to rockville because who can resist just a 20 min drive when jonathan might be able to judge! =P)

we may skip prereleases this time and buy a box.... so we may not be at the VA ones.... oh well..
:eek: Atleast come to Fairfax. Bring an extremely long stick with you so we can try to retreive MooMoo. Actually, that gives me an idea but it requires borrowing stuff (without permission) from the place I used to work.

Just a few days ago, I too thought about not going to the Prereleases, although I must to be at Fairfax. But then I was like "nah, I've been going since forever. Prereleases are great for beginners, which I find ironic, but don't do a lot to keep the more experienced player's interest.

but why fairfax? if we are going to buy a box, we're only going to go to rockville... if we don't though, well be here and fairfax too. (most likely)

I mean go to Rockville and Fairfax. And when coming to Fairfax, bring a long stick and masking tape. Or maybe a lot of balsa/bass wood dowels. Or, if you bring foamboard/core, I will bring an x-acto knife. Either way, we shall create a long sword the likes of which has never been seen before. You know I'm serious, right?

Totoro, "give me my long sword, ho!"

Edit: Upon further thought, it might be cheaper to attach a claw to a string and throw the claw up to the window in an attempt to pull MooMoo down. I don't know about easier since we'd need to throw the claw up to the window in the area of the target and there's no guarentee that it'll catch the first time.

Last edited:
Hey, I just wanna take the video!! "The Rescue of Moo-Moo"...:lol: He's probably all dusty and nasty now, too..

Yeah. It's not really failure I'm worried about, it is not knowing what MooMoo landed in that makes me nervious *feels nauseous*

well, if i can throw moo moo up there... =P
But you'd have to hit about the same spot. And something heavy enough to sit on MooMoo to drag it off the edge would also have to be thrown up, attached to the string. I can get string/hemp if needed. I guess we could try tieing 18 booster packs to the end and work from there *heh heh*.

Last edited:
Ugh I can't pull anything decent at Prereleases. Luckily, Devon and Daniel more than make up for that fact; they combined for 2 exs and 1 * in 12 packs at the Dragon Frontiers event in Fairfax. *slyce*

I might attend just so I can get an SS Wobbuffet. >~<

You don't have that Wobbuffet already? Now that I think about it, I think I only have 2. Sandstorm wasn't a set I was jumping to buy.

Did we all forget that we used to have fun at these events?

I did when my holos at the DF prerelease were 2x Snorlax. =/
*lol*.
Funny signature, SuperWooper :clap: .

On to serious business, my Chemistry professor, because he likes to dabble in meterology, predicts a final snowstorm for the area in two weeks, and calls for about 6 inches. Some up north are probably saying "only 6 inches?" but 6 inches down here paralyzes the city - like an Ice Beam :lol: . So, what happens in case of snow?

O, Lord, don't go there (did stuff like that ever happen to sensei??) Uh, I become an ebay seller? Ummm, a big ol' draft in Totoro's tree in Chesterfield?? Or we just have a lot of States side events???

Basically, I have no idea and will cross that bridge when we come to it...

BTW, what do chemistry teachers know, anyway......:eek:

Ohh, Yeah, I'm up for a treeside draft!!!

I'm at home in the snow!

Seriously, draft is so much better than prerelease limited.

2 Ideas:

1: Hold the draft on the playground in my backyard. (we can fit at least 2, if not 3 games in there :lol:)

2: Instead of League on Friday, tell people to come 1 hour early (if possible) and have a 4-5 round draft.

Last edited:
O, Lord, don't go there (did stuff like that ever happen to sensei??)
I think there was snow on the ground one year at a Stafford event, but it was mostly melted. I remember when Sensei was at Lucky Frog, he had a small league tournament right after a small snow fall.

Ummm, a big ol' draft in Totoro's tree in Chesterfield?? Or we just have a lot of States side events???
The tree idea sounds good *nods*. Don't know how I'd get there though. The hills in my area are death-traps, and that's without snow.

BTW, what do chemistry teachers know, anyway......:eek:
:eek: .
Isn't that my line? :rolleyes: :wink:

Back