Worlds Championship decks

NoPoke

displayimage.php

http://www.ps-games.nl/3693/Pokemon_TCG_World_Championship_Decks_2009.htm

Luxdrill
Stallgon
Queengar
Crowned Tiger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This year again Pokemon TCG World Championships Decks! Play with the best and most successful decks in 2009. There are 4 different decks, each version is an exact copy of a deck that is used during the 2009 Pokemon World Championships.

Learn from the construction of the deck, study strategies and ensure that next year your own deck in the Pokemon World Championships will be used!

The 2009 Pokemon TCG World Championships Deck contains:
  • A 60 card deck (the cards have special back and are therefore NOT be used in official tournaments!)
  • A book about the Pokemon World Championships in 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is with these names? Besides Crowned Tiger these are so unoriginal. Steve's should have been named Raybees at least!

Hm... it almost seems like they didn't print Sammi's deck because he's European. Last year they didn't print Khan Le's deck but the other Blissey instead. =(

The Top Four in each age division were:
5 Americans
4 European
3 Japanese

The World Champions were:
2 Japanese
1 American

What they printed:
3 Americans
1 Japanese

Is it just me or does this look somewhat strange?

What is with these names? Besides Crowned Tiger these are so unoriginal. Steve's should have been named Raybees at least!
I'm not sure, but afaik the names have been given by the players.

Erg, can't believe they didn't use the name RayBees.
Weird that the seniors champ's Kyogre deck wasn't printed,

Erg, can't believe they didn't use the name RayBees.
Weird that the seniors champ's Kyogre deck wasn't printed,
Indeed. He's a really great player and got 2nd last year and World Champion this year (in his first year in Seniors!) but didn't get printed a deck at all. =(

They tend to favor younger age groups when considering which decks to print and if given the opportunity to print a senior and a junior deck, they'll print the junior deck =/ There's not much you can do. Takuto seems to always get the short end of the stick.

displayimage.php

Here is a picture of the Theme Decks. Here is the translation (I tried my best!):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This year again Pokemon TCG World Championships Decks! Play with the best and most successful decks in 2009. There are 4 different decks, each version is an exact copy of a deck that is used during the 2009 Pokemon World Championships.

Learn from the construction of the deck, study strategies and ensure that next year your own deck in the Pokemon World Championships will be used!

The 2009 Pokemon TCG World Championships Deck contains:
  • A 60 card deck (the cards have special back and are therefore NOT be used in official tournaments!)
  • A book about the Pokemon World Championships in 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... it almost seems like they didn't print Sammi's deck because he's European. Last year they didn't print Khan Le's deck but the other Blissey instead. =(

The Top Four in each age division were:
5 Americans
4 European
3 Japanese

The World Champions were:
2 Japanese
1 American

What they printed:
3 Americans
1 Japanese

Is it just me or does this look somewhat strange?

I'm not sure, but afaik the names have been given by the players.
well look at it this way, they did raybees cuz it won worlds and nobody els in T2 used it
and fore seniors they probobly didn't give takuto it because he has had his deck printed before and also the juniors deck was alot like his so they gave it to the other senior with flygon do they didn't want 2 flygons so then didn't do sammi and they did secound place junior cuz he was the only one playing gengar.
P.S last year at worlds khan lee got his deck off of Paul A and his brother so it was reallly Pauls deck.

^^ Takuto never got his deck released last year. It was the 3 winners+Paul's Blissey deck
That stinks for Takuto though. You finally become the world champion and don't even get your deck released :(

Here were the top 2's for each division:

Masters:
1. Raybees
2. Flygon

Seniors:
1. Luxbox
2. Flygon

Juniors:
1. Luxbox
2. Gengar

So they had to take raybees, but they could only take 1 Luxbox. They had to take a flygon, and they always tend to pick the younger people first. So they chose Cohen's flygon instead of sami's and that leavs only gengar.

^^ Takuto never got his deck released last year. It was the 3 winners+Paul's Blissey deck
That stinks for Takuto though. You finally become the world champion and don't even get your deck released :(

True, however I would not be at all surprised if Takuto does get a deck printed in future. The Kyogre kid is awesome at this game.

Don't jump until you know all the facts.

Releases had to be signed, signatures and the like. I have no idea if there was a problem, or not, but there certainly may have been.

Vince

is it just me or does the one with the skuntank look out of place with the others having great stage 2 poke on the front.I'm not knocking the deck,just looks funny to me

The deck was RayBees. At least Steve has his deck printed, but the name coulda been a bit better.

Stallgon? Its Flygon.

QueenGar?

Crowned Tiger?

Keith

What the name's should have been:

SP Toolbox
The Truth (or Flygon Lock)
Gengar
RayBees

at least my deck got printed

Back