Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Expenses

codyman

If you won a trip to worlds about how much money does it cost ?I mean do they give you free hotel room free air expenses or what.Iwas wanting to know an idea of what I had to pay for or is it all free?

codyman said:
If you won a trip to worlds about how much money does it cost ?I mean do they give you free hotel room free air expenses or what.Iwas wanting to know an idea of what I had to pay for or is it all free?
If you win a trip to World's your airfare and hotel room are paid for. All you have to do is pay for your meals, rental car and/or anything else you want to do.

If you win a trip, all they pay for is airfare and hotel. Everything else is on you.
If you win an invite without trip, they don't pay for anything.

Cody: Come to league and talk to us. We have 2 kids that won trips last year there and they can tell you about it. The grinder will only give an invite into the main event, ergo, you pay for everything for that 1 shot in the grinder. Some International events give invites, but their LDs may or may not pay for a trip. Likewise, 2 yrs ago in the US, there were limited invites + trips awarded, but many invites only awarded (trickle downs, etc). (Alex won an invite only in 2003, no trip)

Keith

Yea all the above is correct.

I had to pay my brothers and my way to Worlds this last year, because we had not won a trip/invite. I then played in the Grinder and won a "Invite", nothing else.

Back