Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds invites based on which category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddiursa

As I remember last Worlds invites based on POP rankings where given to the 16 highest rated players in each age category in the Modified Format.

Now, there's a new structure where all types of play involving the Modified format is summerized in a Modified Overall category (as well as individual Modified categories), and all the rest are in the fun category.

Does anyone have a qualified guess as to wether they are gonna choose the Overall or the Modified Constructed category for next years Worlds ranking invites? I'm curious about this as my rankings are completely different on the two options. I jump some 40 places up by choosing MC.

Last edited:
I would hope that it is Overall.....Because the Limited points would boost my ranking.....But it would
probably be modified though...Seeing as a person who only plays in Unlimited and limited could be invited....

Most likley it will be constructed becuase that is where you acutally play with your on modified deck. Unlike limeted which is just luck or fun which I don't know what that is.

I don't see why it wouldn't be constucted
that is the format of Worlds

I don't see why they would choose to base the rankings on a system that includes Limited when limited is not featured in the main part of worlds

It hasn't been announced yet. Any discussions are speculations.

My bet is that it will be Modified-only. Purely speculation though.

But also, is there another way in? If you win certain premeire events? (City, State, Nationals, gym challenge, stadium challenge) I judge to much to have a high enough ranking to be invited.

Pokemaster1110 said:
But also, is there another way in? If you win certain premeire events? (City, State, Nationals, gym challenge, stadium challenge) I judge to much to have a high enough ranking to be invited.

If they do it like the past tourney year, you can get an invite for winning Nationals or a Stadium Challenge.

If rankings are taken into account, World ranking is IMO not enough.
Top player(s) of each National ranking should get in invitation too if we want Worlds to be Worlds ;-)

I hope they do something so subsequent players can be invited to Worlds if any of the initial 16 are invited to Worlds other ways (by winning Nationals or a Stadium Challenge). And I also hope that invitations are passed on if people can't accept the invitation. They must plan for 16 (times three) extra seats for ranking invited ppl at Worlds, so why not make sure they're used?

Last edited:
TylerM said:
I would hope that it is Overall.....Because the Limited points would boost my ranking.....But it would
probably be modified though...Seeing as a person who only plays in Unlimited and limited could be invited....

I wouldn't mind if it was overall, as long as we're not penalized for the formats we don't play.

Ya..I see how that would be...I also agree that it should be the top 16 of each COUNTRY...That way the top players of the top countrys are there making it a better tournoment!:)

It will mosty likely be Modified...Still wish it was Overall because I am like 1700 something in Overall!

I think it will be Modified-Overall, to be honest...

ALSO, top 16 in each country would be a bit too much, but maybe top 4 in each age category in each country?

Well...The top 16 in world..At one time could only be USA..Or a diffrent Country...And Top 16 isn tto much..Worlds is to see who is the best...And..You want the to Competetors from every country that plays the game....

i think the rankings were changed with a purpose.
i mean we had modified constructed before, we had limited before (it was only played as modified) but we did not have modified overall which i think the invites will be besed on

Irwin, I vote for you and your idea ;)

World rankings don't necessary give the 16 best players in the World.

Let's say you have the opportunity to play 1 or 2 tournaments every week. You'll have more points than if you can only play 1 tourmanent per month.

Let's say you always play against weak opponents and always win. You'll have more points than if you play against players who are very strong and win against you 50 % of the time.

Rankings by country is better IMO, but like Irwin said, top 4 in each age group is enough, top 16 probably too much.
Of course, according to the amount of players in the USA, top 16 of that country should get an invite ;)

And we have to realize too that many of the players, for example from Europe, will not have the budget to go to Worlds in USA, Hawaii, Japan, ... if they don't win the trip.

I think it should be top however many based on population or how many registered players there are in the country. Obviously some countries are much larger, have far more players, and far more competition.

For example, Slovenia has 4 players that show up on rankings where as the United States has 826 players on rankings. (im using modified-overall for all age groups).

Obviously it wouldn't be logical to send the same number of players to worlds from Slovenia as the United States. I think every country should be givin at least 1 invite through rankings to make it a true 'Worlds' championships and other countries should get more based on population and or number of registered players.

Slovenia has only 4 players in rankings because there was no tournament in 2004/2005 season yet.
The 4 players did a tounament in italy. There is a trr prerelease tomorrow and CC on sunday. As per last years attendance i expect round 30+players on prerelease and round 70 at CC

that is one reason the other is most of the players do not give attention to register their POP accounts there was 70 players in NC last year but only a couple registered

but yes i agree the invites should be given based on noumber of registered players or population

P:S: yes there are only 2 million of us, but we have player in Top 16 at worlds 2004

Last edited:
i got a world invite becuase i was top 4 in my state. What i think they shouldnt do is the people who just turn 15 before worlds are not goin to have much of a change becuase the people they are goin to play have been playing in 15+ for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back