Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worlds Or Gencon??? Where You Going August 19-22??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkTwins

Hi...
Gencon and Worlds are the same weekend... So I am Here To ask which one everyone will participate in and which one people will think will be better...??? Worlds Is invite only so you cant get in with out an invitation...But Gencon Is All The Tourneys and Promos you could every want...
Which one Are You particiapating in...???
Drew

I am going to Gencon... Because I Go to gencon every year... and I book my trip before worlds was annouced and then it happened to fall on the same weekend...
Drew

Worlds. Even if I don't make it in through the grinder, there are still gonna be loads of side events. Plus I live in Florida! :D

I will be at worlds. :thumb: If you dont play in the main event, I know there is a ton of other events for people to do there.

Chaw....

$20 per day and pay for hotel vs. nothing per day and pay for hotel...

Play at the BIGGEST event in the World for 2004, or play in a number of small events with limited prize support.

Rub elbows with the best players in the world....rub elbows with the DarkTwins and a few others (sorry, LOL)

I hope to go to Gencon next year....but we will be heading to Worlds....

M45

meganium45 said:
I hope to go to Gencon next year....but we will be heading to Worlds....

M45

With how good your children have been doing in tournaments, Im sure you will be at worlds next year also M45 ;)

Good news for you, seems like you may be one of the few attending Gencon this year. Look at this way, more tourneys for you to win.

We were planning for Worlds and Gencon but with them being in the same weekend, then it had to be Worlds ,even before the invites and trips granted.

Last edited:
Im going to Worlds. My parents already booked the trip, and all I need now is an invitation!

Last edited:
I guess i be walking away with 3 boxes of Fire Red & Leaf Green Ex Booster Boxes Because No One is going to show up... Looks like i made a good choice...lol...
Drew

I guess i be walking away with 3 boxes of Fire Red & Leaf Green Ex Booster Boxes Because No One is going to show up... Looks like i made a good choice...lol...
Drew

Im goin to Gen Con No way Ill make it in top 16 so worlds is out. Im going with a bunch of people not sure if they play poké but my friend im goin with will be at the pre-releases. I'll only be at one i think its the Saturday one. See you at Gen Con TDT.

Chaw, Farbsman....

I was hoping you would be able to judge the 10- division at Worlds....

You did an elite job at Nationals!

Talk with you soon.

M45

I am definently going to Worlds!!!!! Like PenguinMaster said, if I don't make it threw the Grinder, there is still butt loads of side events and awesome things to buy. You can have fun with the promos that you can still get at Worlds(more than likely). Plus, I live in Florida too. LOL. Its also the right choice if you live in Florida, which ever one you live closer too. Still, even if I lived in INDY, I would still go to Pkmn Worlds over GenCon.

Just to be difficult, I'm going to go to Indy and then swing back 300 miles to land in Orlando. That should cover PUI's travel alotted expenses, if I had any. :rolleyes:

16 hour drive or a 45 minute one... hmm, tough call!
-Phil

meganium45 said:
Chaw....

Play at the BIGGEST event in the World for 2004, or play in a number of small events with limited prize support.

M45

So what side events are going on at Worlds? So far GenCon is sounding more promising to me. Who's also saying what the prize support for Worlds side events is?

I'm financially able to go to either event. What really will decide it for me is if Worlds side events are really THAT MUCH better than GenCons. Another deciding factor would be my mood. I see a LOT of people from here will be at Worlds. If I were to go I'd be taking my younger brother along and theres quite a few people here whom might turn him away from the game altogether (he got very intimidated by a certain player from around M45's deck of the woods at an event and that really put him off from playing for a while)

Lets just say if I go to Worlds itd be primarily for myself, and even though theres a ton of you (mostly int'l people, but a handful of others as well) that I'd love to meet at Worlds, I know out of the few in attendance at GenCon, there are a couple of them who'd really appreciate my presence and not look at me 'as just another person from the boards'

Going to Worlds since I won a trip to Florida and play there and since I never played in Worlds before. So that is easy to say which tourament I'll go. Also I wished I will play in Worlds so here I come.

At Gencon There is A 3-day League with all the promos that have came out and holofoils-
A Modified and Unlimited Tourney Everyday (I believe) And on Fri-Sun there are a Prerelease Tournament on each day.. thats 3 total... so it should be a lot of fun... The league is 1 generic ticket i believe which equals 1.50 and you can get all the holos your heart desires....I heard that you can get NC Charizard from t he League which probably means come Gencon youll be able to get the World Promo too!!!
Go Gencon!!!
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back