3 Pidgey
2 Pidgeotto
3 Pidgeot
1 Feebas
1 Milotic

4 Desert Ruins
4 Celio's Network
4 Rare Candy
4 Copycat (adam and Pablo used 3 Copycat)
3 Great Ball
2 Steven's Advice (adam and Pablo used 3 Steven's Advice)
2 Rocket's Admin.
1 Mr. Briney's Compassion

6 Grass
4 DRE
3 Heal (adam and pablo used 2 Heal)
2 Fighting (adam and pablo used 3 fighting)

Strategy:
With 4 Rare Candy and 4 Celio and 4 Nidoran and 4 Nidoqueen and 3 Pidgey and 3 Pidgeot and 3 Great ball, it's really hard to get a BAD hand. Most of the time by the second turn you get either a turn 2 pidgeot or turn 2 nidoqueen and start toxicing. Then you use Power Lariat ASAP. If they do heavy damage to nidoqueen, retreat for a pidgeot or another nidoqueen. Let that take some damage and retreat again. Then play Feebas RC Milotic and heal everything off. Briney is for a reusable Milotic. Heal is for medicham ex especially. Say you get sky kicked for 60, then you heal 10 so you're down to 50, and they have no way of KOing you the next turn. The 3/2/3 Pidgeot helps vs ZRE type decks, since you can get out 2 Pidgeots ASAP, and they can either POW/Reversal/KO one or the other, they can't ko both in 1 turn. 4 Ruins helps vs all decks with ex, especially Blaziken, since most blazikens don't play more than 3 gyms. And it helps vs decks with 4 BF. I think the reason this deck worked is cause queen has 120 hp so it's hard to ko, it's not an ex so you don't get 2 prizes for killing it, grass is an uncommon type, and it can do up to 100 damage.

Round 1 vs Shawn with ZRE
My hand was awful and he goes first. Then a judge comes by and Shawn asks her if we are re-pairing. She answers yes, so we scoop up our cards, look at the new pairing sheet, and it's exactly the same. lol. So we resetup, and I ask if we should reroll to see who goes first. He lets us, so we reroll and I go first. Plus my hand is better than before. And I don't think he drew what he needed in his 7 card opening hand. So I started with Pidgey I think, he started with Rayquaza ex DX. After a few turns he played a zapdos ex and moved all energy to it and KOed my pidgey. I rare candied my nidoran to nidoqueen and toxiced the zapdos. I put a ruins in play and shawn couldn't draw what he needed so after a while I won. GG!
1-0

Round 2 vs Steve Silvestro
We setup and my opening hand is kinda bad, I have a Feebas, Nidoran, and some other stuff. I put my Nidoran face down active. Before the game, Meganium45 comes by and says something like "Let's all meditite!" Then steve says "Meditite? I hope you're playing Meditite." So I'm thinking to myself "Why does he want me to play meditite? Is he using psychic?" So I ask Steve if I can switch my face down active. He lets me. I play my Feebas face down active and move Nidoran to the bench. We start and it doesn't seem like he has that good of a hand, cause he keeps SFing with sparce. He does some damage to feebas and I briney it and put queen active and go aggressive and attack with it, since he's putting mostly rainbows into play he can't retrieve them with DX metagross. But he gets really unlucky with HL metagross, flipping 8 tails in a row. I win after a while. GG!
2-0

Round 3 vs Eric Craig with 4 corners
I was afraid of his deck once I saw the Shroomish hit the bench, since he might be playing the grass Breloom. He does play it, so I put an energy on 1 queen for toxicing, and another energy on a benched nido to get it ready for when my active dies. Then I attach a DRE to my active queen and KO his something (don't remember). He puts a shroomish active, attachs breloom and a DRE and kos my queen. I put active my other Queen, KO his Breloom. He eventually KOs my Queen and we're tied on prizes and he puts togetic active. I clutch it with pidgeot. Time runs out and he can't KO pidgeot, so I clutch it next turn for the win. GG!
3-0

Round 4 vs Ness with Medicham ex
It goes back and forth, his POWs are annoying me, but I finally win. I don't remember much about this game. GG!
4-0

Round 5 vs Go with ZRE
It looks like I'm gonna win after KOing an electrode ex and something else, but he POWs me twice, admins me, I can't topdeck DRE or pidgeot, so I lose. GG!
4-1

Round 6 vs Japanese person with machamp (sorry I forgot your name)
It looks like I'm in trouble after he rare candies his machop into machamp 2nd turn, attaches a boost and str charm and tries to KO my pidgeotto, but flips tails and does 40. After a while I get setup. I have a nidoqueen active with 20 damage. I don't want to heal with milotic yet cause I think I should take a risk here. The chance of queen getting koed with 100 hp left is low. He would need a heads too. He plays another boost, str charm, flips heads and KOs nidoqueen. It goes back and forth like that for a while. GG!
5-1

Round 7 vs Ken with Spinning Tail
I get up a Nidoqueen kinda quickly and start KOing his stuff. I win after a while. GG!
6-1

Round 8 vs Pablo with mirror
In the end, time ran out with 5-5 prizes and he got the next prize to win the game. GG!
6-2

Top 32 vs Yohei with Electrode ex/Magcargo/Delcatty
Game 1: I underestimated this deck. The first game my hand was alright, but he exploded his trode, attached 230943 energy to delcatty, KOed my queen. I had no energy left in play so whenever I would play an energy to something, he would just POW that Pokemon and KO it.

Game 2: My hand was good, I got a turn 3 queen and he had trouble drawing into stuff.

Game 3: This went down to the wire. In the end there were 3 minutes left and he exploded his trode to put me at 2 prizes left, him 4 prizes left. He calls over the Japanese judge. The japanese judge tells the american judge something, then the American judge tells me that Yohei thinks I'm playing slowly. But I don't think I'm playing any slower than I usually do. I just like to think about all my moves before I make them. He attached all the 230943 energy to Delcatty and KOed my queen. His Delcatty already had some damage on it so I clutched it with pidgeot. Next turn he KOs my pidgeot to tie it up. My turn I bring up a second pidgeot and clutch it to win. He showed SOTG after that game. GG!

Top 16 vs Ness
Game 1: My hand is decent. I get up a nidoqueen pretty quickly and start toxicing stuff, desert ruinsing stuff, and win after he takes 3 prizes.

Game 2: I go 2nd and celio for a nidoqueen, and do nidoran rc nidoqueen toxic. He can't wishing star since he's poisoned, so he concedes. GG!

Top 8 vs Jaime with rocklock
This was definitely the best rocklock I've ever played against. It used Jirachi and Lanette instead of dunsparce so it was a lot faster in setting up.

Game 1: I concede the first game. During this game by accident I use celio's network and pull out a rare candy from my deck. I do that because I was planning on celioing for a pidgeot, then QSing for the rare candy. But I got confused and messed up. I got a caution.

Game 2: This time he doesn't setup too quickly but I do. I get 6 evolutions in play and keep doing 90 with nidoqueen. I heal myself with Milotic after taking massive damage. I look on the clock and there are 8 minutes left. I decide to stop thinking about what move I'm going to make, and stop using quick search, so I can save time. So my turns are just like this: Draw a card attach energy attack. That happens for a few turns, then he concedes! :eek:

Game 3: He doesn't get a good hand I think, and I scratch his larvitar with nidorina for 40 damage. Next turn he draws nothing and concedes. GG!

Top 4 vs Pablo
Game 1: His hand is bad, mine is good, he concedes after a few minutes.

Game 2: My hand is bad, his is good, I concede after a few minutes.

Game 3: We have 46 minutes left for this game which is plenty o time. A few minutes later it's 2-2. But Pablo makes a misplay and doesn't keep track of his deck and my hand size so he draws his last card and I'm expecting him to admin to shuffle his hand into his deck so he doesn't run out of cards. But he plays Copycat. My hand has 10 cards and his hand has 10 cards so he loses.

Top 2 vs Ross with Spin tail/Electrode ex/Magmar/Magcargo/Delcatty
Game 1: I felt kinda good knowing that most his deck was weak to fighting. I had an ok hand this game and got setup. I had an energy on my active queen and nothing on any other queens. So instead of putting a DRE on my active queen and KOing magmar and risking him exploding trode ex and attaching 23433 energy to spin tail and grinding me for the KO and POWing whatever I attached energy to, I instead put an energy on my benched queen and just used toxic. He retreated for the spin tail, exploded, attached 23433 energy to spin tail and KOed my queen. I put my other queen active and attached DRE and koed his ttar. He conceded after that.

Game 2: My hand is awful. I concede after 3 turns.

Game 3: My hand is better, and this game goes similar to Game 1. GG!

Last edited:
You are the very definition of a cool player. use archetypes, but eventually come up and win with a VERY unexpected deck. Mind showing us a decklist then?

1st place? Pfft, at least I have a bigger number placing than 1 :D

Congratulations on your excellent showing, Jeremy. It's good to know that a 24/7 Pokaholic such as yourself won =)

Great write up and great win!!

Well done Jeremy........Dont you like become President of the US or something now lol

Good work fella!!

Great Job Jermy, you definitley earned my 100% respect...

Now go back and sell some more of those Regiyouknow what ex's:)

Great Job dude, cya next year

~AJ

Jeremy you rock, our game was close and really good, the third one the other 2 sucked, and im glad i finally got to meet you and played you IRL, it was awesome hanging out with you even if it wasnt much time, we ought to repeat this next year man.

PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT PABLO =)

jermy u did soooo great i cant even begin to congradulate yah. Cya soon b00dy

Samehh

Venusaur said:
I understand most people think I shouldn't have won Worlds and Yamato should've won it, but I mean luck is part of the game, right?

this might seem like an out of character sdp post but i do give credit when it is due

Luck is an equal part of the game and no one can control it, so even though i've been complaining that the US won because of ratio in players(which is true) it does not take away from your victory, your deck played the best at worlds and Yamato's didn't and that is why you won and why you deserve it. Congrats!

Last edited:
Nice job Jeremy. I stopped playing the deck because I kept losing to Ludicolo unless I used Lanturn, and it just didn't work out for me. I just couldn't fit everything in the deck and I just gave up. OOPS! Congrats and see you next year!

I really enjoy your write up blog-like history of what you and your group has been doing. It's so interesting and uhhh interesting lol. Good job winning, you played very well from what I've heard. Nidoqueen...what will they think of next?

way to go dude, amazing job. I feel so happy for you =) and I can't say that there is anybody more deserving to win =) way to go =D

congratulations Venusaur on you Big win...I'm sorry if our Team Eevee, Give you a rufft time.

I wish you the Best of luck next Seasoin
/cheer :clap: :thumb:

Now I can say to my Friends who want to get back into the game. "I know the preson who won 2005 worlds
troument." :cool: :clap:

again congratulations and WAY TOO GO and Best wishes!!!
LP :clap: :thumb:

Last edited:
Congratulations Jermy... I remember when you told me about BAR, and I used it in a CC. That was really the first sort of good tournament I got 1st at. I owe ya, and I really think you deserve 1st. GJ homie.

Dude...you rock.

A win with a rogue deck may CHANGE THE FACE OF MODIFIED AS WE KNOW IT.

Keep on doing what you do, and don't let anyone tell you you can't do anything. And congrats!

Back