Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

worst pokemon card set ever?

pokefan84

I just want to know what you all think is the worst set of cards released was,

I personally think DRAGON FRONTIERS, was the biggest let down. from a collectors perspective, because all the EX cards, (which were why I'd buy packs) were the new different type style, (a grass type dragonite?? COME ON!) and the holofoils werent shiny at all, the foil effect was dull.

oh and the e-reader sets, because who wants a big gold bar on the edge of there cards

im predicting call of legends will either fall into this category or be an incredible set, but probably the first one. other than that power keepers or triumphant, while it had some good cards, it didnt have as many as say stormfront. im a big fan of stormfront and hgss because of the amount of potential options for a main attacker or support card. They both have tons.i think in general though all the hgss sets brought quite a bit.

I'm a bit of a newb, so I don't know very much about really early sets, however, I really don't like the HS Undaunted set no matter how cool the artwork is...

Although, Smeargle is beast.

Top 3 have to be the Ecard sets. Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge. 160+ card sets (190 with the Holos having a different numbering system) with practically zero good Pokemon and decent new Trainers few and far between. Oh, and they reduced the pack size for these sets from 11 to 9.

I agree, as a collector its also annoying how each new wave they have new typs of ULTRA RARE cards, making the previous ultra rares sort of a old and outdated

first it was shinings
then EX'S and gold stars
then Lv.x's
Then base holo reprints
then "Primes"
then "legend pieces"

I wonder what the ULTRA RARE cards are going to be in Black and White, primes, lv.x's ex/s? does anyone know?

I agree, as a collector its also annoying how each new wave they have new typs of ULTRA RARE cards, making the previous ultra rares sort of a old and outdated

first it was shinings
then EX'S and gold stars
then Lv.x's
Then base holo reprints
then "Primes"
then "legend pieces"

I wonder what the ULTRA RARE cards are going to be in Black and White, primes, lv.x's ex/s? does anyone know?

In the Japanese Black and White sets, each set had 3 secret rares.

They had the version mascots, black had Tornadus, white had Thundurus, and the both had the same Pikachu (although different because of the set symbols).

The Pikas just look like regular cards in terms of design (maybe a special holo though, not sure). The other 4 had art that fills the whole card, with the attacks printed over the picture on the bottom half.

Stormfront. From there on it all went downhill. Thanks again, Lamegar, Macheap and 0for90yarados.

I will have to say Unseen Forces. Because of all the rare unonw cards. I could open 5 packs and most of my rare cards were Unown cards. And believe me that stunk. So can anyone relate to this? Lol

Back