Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Worth making?

IronPika

I'm considering making an unconventional AMU deck. With DCE back, quick donking with Uxie, in theory, seems very possible. I'd run 3-1 Azelf and Mesprit, and 2-2 Uxies. I have all I need for the AM- part, but before I pay/trade for the Uxies, I wanted to ask you, oh wise Pokegym-ers, if it was worth it in the current format. Thanks in advance! :D

Spiritomb stopped it from being good I'm afraid.

Donking seems pretty rare. You need a DCE, a Level Max, a Heads, to go 2nd and an Uxie. Not to mention you may not even be able to donk them.

I've always supported the saybleye donk. Even 50 dmg donk with spec dark, 70 with spec and belt. If not, you still have impersonate.

I've always supported the saybleye donk. Even 50 dmg donk with spec dark, 70 with spec and belt. If not, you still have impersonate.

You cant attach ebelt in your first turn...

All in all donking isnt that good option for amu. With collector and p. communication there are more options to get basics. Besides your main donk pokemon is a lv.x which doesnt help a lot to donk,.

Spiritomb stopped it from being good I'm afraid.

Donking seems pretty rare. You need a DCE, a Level Max, a Heads, to go 2nd and an Uxie. Not to mention you may not even be able to donk them.

Listen to him,
he´s absolutly right.
No way to get a good AMU list, which has a chance to win in THIS Modified Format....

I've deleted all of messie's posts and he has received an infraction for his rude posts towards Australian players. I don't tolerate any of that blind hate.

I've also deleted all the posts that spawned from those rude posts.

Please stay on topic which is if it is worth spending the time to make an AMU deck.

Thanks

I've deleted all of messie's posts and he has received an infraction for his rude posts towards Australian players. I don't tolerate any of that blind hate.

I think you mean Austrian

Australian players are ok :wink:

I know a guy (Josh) that just tighten's up and rocks the AMU in, almost, a Legend's Awakened build!

He top cuts (or misses on resistance) in every tourney he enters.

He's like a die-hard AMU user.

The point being made in this thread are...

some deck matchups that a Popular now would make it VERY frustrating for an AMU player:

G&G = If they get the lock going BEFORE you, it's over.
Gyrarados = W/o Snowpoint, it's 7 turns = 6 prizes for G'dos
Gengar LvX = they can pull up a LvX every turn which means you may not even get one blast and let's not even get into Shadow Rooming...
LuxChomp = Lux and a Bat can pick off anything it wants. So, you may never get to blast here either. Luxray, itself, can Bright look and KO any non-leveled pixe to greater slow your build (don't forget that they'll spray those Uxies and Mesprits!)

You MAY be able to finese your build and make it work for you. Many have ran and succeeded w/ AMU inspite of the theorymon cautions.

I think people are saying "if you're going to take the time to build, practice, and fine-tune something, why not work on something that has less matchup problems?"

Yet with some of the newer cards, AMU could be much stronger than it ever was before. There are a few more ways to search for Lv.Xs. You could possibly get them all out on turn 2 if you have the right switching, unown qs, warp energies, along with some pokemon communicators or bebes, etc.

Also, don't discount the use of teching SPs into the deck. Palkia lock already runs Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie. You could possibly try out Luxray GL Lv.X to bring up whatever you want.

I agree with others that AMU is going to have bad matchups due to the newer decks, but I think you should test it out and try to perfect it before giving up on it.

Actually i think you should proxy it/ redshark it. After all i only heard about its old defeats due to speed and such.
However, with the new trainers and other amazing search cards, i think you can run a powerful deck!
if you don't like unownq then try the ... dusk stadium i believe. the one that allows psychic & dark to have free retreat.

^^^^^^ moonlight stadium. I would run at least one of these.

Go for the deck, it's still a viable option.

Back