Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Would my active Pokemon be Paralyzed and Poisoned?

deckmaster

Would my active Pokemon be Paralyzed and Poisoned in this instance? I say no and I explain why below.

I have an active Mewtwo EX (NXD) with a Metal Energy attached to Mewtwo EX and a benched Mageara EX (Steam Siege).

My opponent has an active Accelgor (Dark Explorers) and a Benched Wobbufett (Bide Barrier ability).

My Opponent uses Accelgor's attack, Deck and Cover, hits my Mewtwo EX for 50 damage, says my Mewtwo EX is Paralyzed and Poisoned, shuffles his Accelgor into his deck, and Moves Wobbufett to the active position.

I tell my opponent: my Mewtwo is NOT Paralyzed and Poisoned because I have a Metal Energy attached to Mewtwo and that Mageara EX prevents all effects of attacks done to my Pokemon with Metal Energy. The reason why my active is not Paralyzed and Poisoned is because of the order of which things happened. Accelgor does his attack, hits for damage, applies the Paralyzed and Poisoned effect, which is countered by my Mageara EX, Accelgor is shuffled into his deck, then Wobbufett is active.

Am I correct?

That you for any all information regarding this issue!

Back