Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wow :(

psycodad

Well the update unpacked but when I started the game I never get to the login screen. Is it just me? Any suggestions?

Not just you. A lot of people on the PTCGO forums have experienced something similar. My norton security suite blocked something in the refresher and now it won't even let me play. I posted something on the forums a week ago when a similar problem persisted (unfortunately no one responded).

It's happened a couple of times before. I was in the middle of a game and instead of the heap sections error, the computer just shuts off, forcing me to restart and system restore.

But since the latest updates, it's happened twice this day. Both times were against AI opponents and both times there was a lot of lag before the crash. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the latest updates because my virus protection (Norton) didn't trust something in the latest updates. I actually had to reinstall PTCGO because of that. I thought it would work fine after that, but then it crashed... twice.

Anyone else have this problem (or anything like it?).

This has been a problem since the April 17th updates. A couple of days ago, I had the refresher problem now this. Just when I'm done with finals, this has to happen. :mad:

The solution I'm hearing is a full uninstall, but I'm afraid it will crash my computer again.

---------- Post added 04/24/2013 at 08:20 AM ----------

It's working for me now. I followed these instructions (taken from a PTCGO forum post).

Redownload the installer using Internet Explorer. (Don't know why this is important but it has been key for multiple users.)
Uninstall the game.
Reinstall to a different directory.

Back