Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Writting adivce on one's arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatious

Is it illegal to write adivce such as "Be Aware of Card X" where Card X is a card you normally forget about (Warp Point for me), or one that requires your deck strategy to alter (Dusknoir). Is it illegal to write things such as "Weak to Fire!" if you are using a fire-weak deck (Leafeon)?

Is it illegal to write adivce such as "Be Aware of Card X" where Card X is a card you normally forget about (Warp Point for me), or one that requires your deck strategy to alter (Dusknoir). Is it illegal to write things such as "Weak to Fire!" if you are using a fire-weak deck (Leafeon)?
Well, I think a wrist play would be better for this sort of thing. :p
EDIT: DANG IT BT!!!

I'm not too sure about this one. You are acctually allowed to write on your cards. You can also have writing on your hands. However, if the writting pertains to gameplay, idk if it is legal.
If you really wanted to do this, make up acronyms, such as rwp (remember warp point).
If you write that on your hand, nobody is going to know what it means.

Austin, I think it would be up to the Head Judge to permit something like this. Simple reminders like this would not be harmful to the game, I think. I know there have been times I've been so caught up in the game that I have forgotten to draw prizes, and we all know how bad that is. It might just be easier though bringing in a sheet of paper and taking the notes on there instead.

I see this falling under the Note Taking section of the rules. For reference:

POP Touranment Rules said:
10. Note Taking
Players are allowed to take notes during a game in respect to actions that have happened
during the game. Notes should be restricted to changes in the game state. Players must be
timely with their note-taking and may not use devices that may send or receive messages
as a note-taking device. Notes taken during a match may not be given to other players
during the course of the tournament. Notes taken during a match may be reviewed by
either player at any time during the match.

So, reminders that you need to do something don't seem to fit this particular rule. Therefore, the HJ can deny "reminders."

If I write "Don't mess up" on my arm, and I make no misplays on the day and win the tournament, could that be considered cheating?

:lol:

I see this falling under the Note Taking section of the rules. For reference:

So, reminders that you need to do something don't seem to fit this particular rule. Therefore, the HJ can deny "reminders."

I'm not so sure it falls under that. hes not taking notes such as "discard supporter" but a reminder to be aware of other cards. I believe it was Pokekid that had notes written on his arm and was forced to wash them off. In the same thread I think it was ruled that such notes were not allowed on ones' arm.

Are playmats allowed? Because to me this isn't all that different from having one of the theme deck playmats that lists all the steps that you can take each turn. But I think that, personally, I would forget to read my wrist just as often as I would forget to Telepass.

This seems familiar - I recall a similar discussion of writing reminders on the artwork of cards. If I were HJ, I would probably allow it as long as you weren't disruptive. But seriously, is that the best way to remember that you are weak to fire?

You can write only events that occur during a match. In other words, nothing 'pre-mediated' may be written, and it being written on your arm, as in, actually on your arm means you'll have to go wash your arm between each match otherwise you ARE cheating. And also it's kinda obnoxious because your opponent has the right to read it at any time, and you whipping your arm out into the table every-so-often not only looks retarded but also increases the time taken, which I think is really counter-productive.

Are playmats allowed? Because to me this isn't all that different from having one of the theme deck playmats that lists all the steps that you can take each turn. But I think that, personally, I would forget to read my wrist just as often as I would forget to Telepass.

Actually that has a funny answer, and I really dont 100% understand why, but I beleive in the floor rules it says that any type of playmat is not allowed to be used in a tournament. I dont know why, but it is. :confused:

Drew

So: would writing on your "in-game notes"(after the game started) T2:I used Cosmic Power, be legal?
I would assume so, as it's a change to the game state. Now, couldn't one just hold onto that note, as a sort of reminder to do it every turn? I could see that it would be ok. Because it's a note made in -game, both players can see it, and it did affect one turn at least, so I don't see the problem in that.

That's my opinion, anyway...

I remember during last season's cities I was facing MetaNite mirror against Carlos M, and since so many powers were going on it was somewhat difficult to track them down, so we used pebbles (our imprison markers, LOL) to show that a power has been used. I'd much rather do that again than use notes.

Would writing down the actions of the game for a tournament report be illegal?

No, you don't have to discard notes taken during matches, you just don't have access to them during other matches. Your arm is a different case because it happens to be attached to your body. Unless you wanna saw your arm off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back