Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

X/Y Promos

firemike

Has anyone heard of promo Pokemon for the release of X/Y (kind of like Genesect and Victini for the last generation)

Nope. Not sure if they will have a promo download Pokemon right away. I believe they will rely mostly on the fact that the games are brand spanking new and that it is 6th generation. They won't need to promote a download/event Pokemon for this series. Just an opinion is all.

Nope. Not sure if they will have a promo download Pokemon right away. I believe they will rely mostly on the fact that the games are brand spanking new and that it is 6th generation. They won't need to promote a download/event Pokemon for this series. Just an opinion is all.

Thanks, but I'm curious as to why that didn't apply to Generation V, especially because it was the last set for DS.

More then likely for the fact that moving onto the 3DS for the series: they opted out in development/conversion to not promote "older" systems. If that makes sence. Promotions/DLC and the sort are to keep with the technololgy times. Time frames of how long a system will be the "front runner supporter" for a system, they do not really "reverse" the support. If they believe they are say for example 3 years away from a system upgrade, they are more apt to provide event Pokemon for what is current and to keep the games moving forward. Somethings like compatability between the systems are an issue, one of the main keys to passing from one system to the next. Example: old cable connections vs infrared, and now both infrared and wi-fi.

Sure, it is a money making "ploy", but, not every one is satisfied with "older technology". Plus, being able to have more interaction between gamers is more sought after then being restricted. When gen 6 hits the scene, the chances of having Event Pokemon that are far and between the gen's as far as access to having them will more then be the best bet for any Event Pokemon after the release of 6th gen.
Can't catch them all if the system and games take way to much of a hassle to get them all onto one game.

The other factor is obtaining certain Pokemon and the requirments/means of method on getting them legitimitly. I am sure that 6th gen will not only be a serious up-grade with new Pokemon, but an all around more improved method of being able to have access to all the Pokemon, past and present.

I really can't "offically" say that this is all for truthfulness, but some thoughts as to why things are done the way they are based on the history of the games and the patterns of how Event Pokemon and promotional stuff goes.
6th gen will sell itself, and any promotional stuff will be geared towards the "hype", and if anything goes for Event Pokemon, you will need to consider the amount of work involved in having the option to catch them all.
Manaphy might be a good canidate to be an Event Pokemon after the release of 6th gen due to what, the one chance to obtain it legit how many years back?,
Based on that thought, after 6th gen is released, the sales dwindle down after the holidays and the new year- we might see Manaphy being an optional Event DL to draw in any last "undecided" gamers to boost sales a bit more.

So, last thoughts: Because the X/Y games are being released world wide at the same time, no country will have an advantage over another and any Event Pokemon they plan to allow for DL will tie in any lose ends on the availibilty of legit Pokemon, and be a part of the story line in the game as added content. This keeps the game's playability a stronger factor for players not becoming board or letting the games go stale.

A great amount of what I just said is a business minded line of reasoning, and from a personal gamers point of view. Between now and the release of 6th gen- I would hope an increase in Event Pokemon becoming available for the ease of transitition over to the X/Y game carts and not leaving to much behind from the the work and time placed into my collection of having a full legit Pokedex.

Back