Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

XY not completely in 3D?

keniselvis

Preface: Sorry if this has already been discussed

So...I just read this about XY: The opening cinematic is in 3D. (Have to mention this since most of the game isn't in stereoscopic 3D. :p)

Does this mean that MOST of the game is NOT in 3D? I was under the assumption that the WHOLE game is in 3D? Not just certain parts. Am I understanding that correctly?

thanks!

ken

I don't know much about the 3DS, but I thought you just turned on the 3D setting and everything was 3D.

Most games are not in full 3D, but do support 3D in certain scenarios (ie. cutscenes) It is rather disappointing though, I was looking forward to enjoying the environments and characters in 3D, I've come to quite enjoy it in other games like Shin Megami Tensei and Kid Icarus.

the 3D graphics require additional processing by the hardware. The 3D graphics have to be rendered twice, once for the left eye and once for the right eye.

in order to enable the stereoscopic 3D effect the game has to make some tradeoffs to maintain a stable frame rate. so basically games can opt to disable the 3D in order to push more complex graphics.

Just play it on the 2DS and you don't have to worry about it :p

Back