Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

XY Pokemon - A New Gimmick For 6th Gen

Heretic

I thought that a new "gimmick" (i.e. EXs, Level X's, Primes/LEGENDs) would be appropriate for the upcoming 6th gen sets, and this is what I game up with.

Pokemon-XY

Rules
-You can only have 1 copy of each Pokemon-XY in your deck.
-All Pokemon-XY are Stage 1 or Stage 2 cards.
-Once per game, you can play a Pokemon-XY from your hand onto your Bench as if it were a Basic Pokemon. It is still treated as an Evolution card, but not as an Evolved Pokemon.
-You cannot start the game with a Pokemon-XY on the field (since it is technically NOT a Basic Pokemon).
-You can still play a Pokemon-XY as an Evolution like normal.

Since we don't know much about the 6th gen Pokemon's final evolutions and whatnot, we're stuck with gens 1-5 for now to use this idea.

Here it goes...

Charizard XY :fire:
Stage 2 - Pokemon-XY
160HP
Ability: Gallivant Embers
When you play this card from your hand (as a Basic Pokemon or an Evolution card), you may move as many :fire: Energy attached to your Pokemon as you like to any of your other Pokemon.
:fire::fire::fire::colorless: XY-Firestorm 150
Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokemon.
Weakness :water: x2
Resistance :fighting: -20
Retreat :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Blastoise XY :water:
140HP
Ability: Storm Rush
When you play this card from your hand, you may reveal the top 7 cards of your deck. Attach all :water: Energy cards revealed to your Pokemon however you like. Discard the rest of the revealed cards.
:water::colorless::colorless: XY-Pressure Cannon 70
If your opponent has any Benched Pokemon, this attack does 30 damage to 1 of them (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon).
Weakness :lightning: x2
Resistance
Retreat :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless:

Venusaur XY
150HP
Ability: Leaf Shrine
When you play this card from your hand, you may turn all Energy you have in play into :grass: until the end of the turn.
:grass::grass::grass: XY-Solarbeam 90
Flip a coin. If heads, attach 1 :grass: Energy card from your deck to 1 of your Pokemon.
Weakness :fire: x2
Resistance :water: -20
Retreat :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Back