Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yanmega prime/umbreon UD

Status
Not open for further replies.

brick11

I had seem/heard this deck mentioned and thought id give it a try. My list needs some changes but I dont know what I should do. Here is my current list.

Pokemon: 18
4-4 yanmega prime (whats the best yanma to use?)
2-2 umbreon MD
3 sableye
2 uxie LA
1 girantina LA

T/S/S/S:34
4 seeker
3 copycat
3 judge
2 bebes
4 pokedrawer +
4 SSU
4 pokedex
3 warp point
3 expert belt
1 lux ball
3 BTS

Energy:8
4 sp dark
2 rescue
2 grass

Strategy is to start either yanma/sableye and just start getting set up. The key to this deck is to have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent so you can have free attack with yanmega. Umbreon helps somewhat with the Dialgachomp matchup as well as any other cards with pokebodies/powers, seeker/SSU are for picking up damaged yanmegas as well as uxie/girantina for multiple drops. Judge/copycat/girantina are the cards that get you the same amount of cards in hand for the free attack. Expert belt is to tank. Sp dark are for umbreon or possible sabledonk, rescue helps get pokemon bakc and grass is ICE.

Any help and constructive criticism is appreciated.

Pokemon:
4-4 yanmega prime (A: Prime)
2-2 umbreon MD
4 sableye
2 uxie LA
1 girantina LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q
1 Unown D-A-R-K (I couldn't think of anything else to put in)

T/S/S/S:
4 seeker
4 copycat
4 judge
3 bebes
4 pokedrawer +
0 SSU
0 pokedex
4 warp point
2 expert belt
1 lux ball
0 BTS (BTS doesn't have much use in decks like these)
4 Collector

Energy:
4 sp dark
4 rescue
0 grass

Edits in Bold
Hope this Helps:thumb:

not at all.... BTS helps you swarm with yanmega when comboed with rescue energy - and it also GREATLY increases your chances of ending the game first turn, especially if you run 4. BTS really helps you get a prize faster and is the only way you can survive against gyarados or SP since they are so fast. Sableye is too slow also...

Speaking of Gyarados - expert belt is essential to be able to win against it. Helps you 2-hko the belted dos and it gives you just enough to survive a hit from the belted one. Then just switch out for a fresh yanmega and seeker the damaged mega up.

a rainbow energy is also necessary to improve odds of getting a way for umby to attack and it can also be easily comboed with rescue energied yanmega to be able to linear attack the bench when you cannot = your opponent's hand or yanmega's body is turned off. :D

4 copycat is unnecessary - especially since you run giratina. 4 judge and giratina get the job done.

2 bebe's is sufficient. You will most likey top deck/ uxie / azelf into a yanmega anyways and then you can easily pokemon comm for umbreon or whatnot. Speaking of pokemon communication - i would switch out your pokedrawer for them. Communication really helps you get the pokemon you need, and is not quite as bad as drawer under trainer lock, b/c typically you can get at least one communication off t1 if the lock is not started yet.

I would also add in a mesprit - it REALLY saves you versus the gyarados matchup if played early game, and since a machamp line is not teched in here, it gives you a chance versus regigigas

Last edited:
Mad props. Here's the list I would use:
4-4 Yanmega (Yanma TM)
4 Sableye
2-2 Umbreon UD (Signs Eevee)
2 Uxie
1 Giratina
1 Unown Q
1 Mesprit/Zangoose PL

4 Sp Dark
2 Rescue
2 Warp
2 Call (change these back to Grass if u expect lots of DialgaChomp)

3 Seeker
3 Copycat
3 Judge
3 Collector
2 Bebe's
3 Comm
1 Junk Arm
1 Vs Seeker
2 Expert Belt
1 Lux Ball
3 BTS

Not a big fan of draw trainers like Drawer+ and Dex to set up when there's all these Spiritombs and Vileplumes and Dialgas shutting them off early. Plus Communication is amazing for this deck. I figured Warp Energy would b a safer play than Warp Point since u really only need it for warping out Giratina and u can attack for free most of the time so the energy drop isn't an issue. U should really consider Cyclone Energy in here as well, such an underrated card.
Your tech spot for that last Pokemon is really up to play style and the meta. Zangoose PL is really cool because EBelted Drag Off KOs unleveled Garchomp C...but it can also drag up high-cost retreaters like Regice and Vileplume to help u set up KOs in the future with Linear Attack. Mesprit has it's merits too; if your opponent keeps relatively the same hand size you can just chain Seekers on this guy to make sure they can't "Set Up" (pardon the pun). Another useful card to consider would be Devoluter, should you have several Gengar, G-dos, and Machamp to contend with.

Last edited:
Mad props. Here's the list I would use:
4-4 Yanmega (Yanma TM)
4 Sableye
2-2 Umbreon UD (Signs Eevee)
2 Uxie
1 Giratina
1 Unown Q
1 Mesprit/Zangoose PL

4 Sp Dark
2 Rescue
2 Warp
2 Call (change these back to Grass if u expect lots of DialgaChomp)

3 Seeker
3 Copycat
3 Judge
3 Collector
2 Bebe's
3 Comm
1 Junk Arm
1 Vs Seeker
2 Expert Belt
1 Lux Ball
3 BTS

Not a big fan of draw trainers like Drawer+ and Dex to set up when there's all these Spiritombs and Vileplumes and Dialgas shutting them off early. Plus Communication is amazing for this deck. I figured Warp Energy would b a safer play than Warp Point since u really only need it for warping out Giratina and u can attack for free most of the time so the energy drop isn't an issue. U should really consider Cyclone Energy in here as well, such an underrated card.
Your tech spot for that last Pokemon is really up to play style and the meta. Zangoose PL is really cool because EBelted Drag Off KOs unleveled Garchomp C...but it can also drag up high-cost retreaters like Regice and Vileplume to help u set up KOs in the future with Linear Attack. Mesprit has it's merits too; if your opponent keeps relatively the same hand size you can just chain Seekers on this guy to make sure they can't "Set Up" (pardon the pun). Another useful card to consider would be Devoluter, should you have several Gengar, G-dos, and Machamp to contend with.

this is pretty similar to the list i ran at OK states! Oh , and that zangoose tech is awesome, we teched it in my roommates gyarados deck, and it was taking garchomps out with e-belt help like a boss! Tech really works. Sp dark is really the way to go here. If your umby goes against scizor prime with it, so what? it will just be a stall match lol, since scizor cannot hit umbreon either.

running warp energy is VITAL if you are going to run the giratina. one match, this guy used frosslass to drag giratina out and i could never retreat the rest of the game b/c i was in trainer lock. sick stuff.

I have to say, azelf is direly needed here - pulling out a yanmega or mesprit or even an umbreon just saved you resources and sped you up - also being able to know your prizes lets you choose between a wide variety of cards to bolster your future turn after the KO. azelf can even cause donks...

and why do you run 4 sableye? If you run a consistent amount of searchers, like this list so far, i feel like sableye would not even be necessary.

Do NOT use the Yanma from Triumphant unless you want to get donked. Lets go with the Non-Shiny from SV or better yet, the Shiny, or even the Yanma from LA has done pretty well for my girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back