Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ye Olden PokeGym

oh snap! ._.
..sigh.. too bad I don't see the GOOD one sentence add-on thread.. none of the ones since then have lived up to its glory ._.

This is really awesome. I've even been venturing back to the old TCG site. Ahh. Good Times. :smile:

EDIT: Not only that site but the old POJO, and some other sites.

Last edited:
Ahh, good old league season one. It was so fun! 50 people were at a league in my area, now only I play in my area.

SailorClef said:
oh snap! ._.
..sigh.. too bad I don't see the GOOD one sentence add-on thread.. none of the ones since then have lived up to its glory ._.

Wait, you mean the "1-3 word per person never ending funny story"? That thing was a drug trip and a half. I got like half my total post count from it, so like 1000+ of the posts in it were mine. It was nuts.

Marril said:
Wait, you mean the "1-3 word per person never ending funny story"? That thing was a drug trip and a half. I got like half my total post count from it, so like 1000+ of the posts in it were mine. It was nuts.

nooo.. the one sentence add-on o_o

to this day I still mourn the loss of King Pika and "Al Gore2's Porygon3 with Splash, Splash2, Splash3 and Tri-Maple Bar Attack" (you had to say the whole name every time)

Man, that article brings back memories, not only because I recognize the cards (having quit the TCG when Gym 2 came out*), but because those were some really great decks with a simpler, better Pokémon TCG than it is now. And, lo, 4x Energy Search, which I remember people calling me stupid for using way back when. I like the whole "Twelve Oaks" thing, especially since people'd gather in the streets just to chant "Oak Is Broke" in those days. Never got banned despite being the best card in the entire TCG's history, either. Ah, the memories.

* = "Then why come to a site mainly for the TCG?", you ask? The community, mainly, since I was 'Gymming when some of the regulars here were in like third grade.

Back