Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yes, I'm going to spoil it for you: Prerelease Info from Magma/Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies.

soslowpoke

This info came from an attendee at a prerelease event.

Prerelease Card: Team Aqua's Cacnea

Secret Cards: Absol - 1 per box (equivilent of a boxtopper)
Jirachi - regular foil distribution

!OMG! Card: Blaziken ex (go figure)

Last edited:
Is the Absol a normal card? I look forward to seeing which Jirachi they used. Possibly a new one, possibly a Japanese promo (which is also what the Bulbasaur, Cubone, Jigglypuff, etc. in the set are I assume, since I know of a set of promos with those cards in it plus Charmander through Charizard). I look forward to seeing these cards. Thanks for the info!

Jirachi's facing you in the middle of the picture, it's holo, 50 HP I think, 2 attacks. I don't have the card but saw it today at the prerelease in Utrecht.

Last edited:
The Absol is a Foil card("normal" TCG card) # 96/95.It`s right on top of the packs when you open up the box.

`Sensei

So you mean that both are secret like the Charmander line was, except Absol can only be obtained like a box topper?

The Absol is really crappy: 70HP and the psy resistance has gone!

CC Quick Attack for 10 or 20
DDC Feint Attack for 30

The Blaziken EX (I got one in the booster for going 6-0) is unfortunately as bad as feared:

150HP, weak to water and psychic, only 2 retreat

:fire: :colorless Blaze Kick 30+
Flip a coin, If heads this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage. It tails, this attack does 30 damage and the Defending Pokemon is now Burned.

:fire: :fire: :colorless :colorless Volcanic Ash
Discard 2 :fire: Energy attached to Blaziken ex and then choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 100 damage to that to that Pokemon (Don't apply weakness and resistance for Benched Pokemon)

So they made it with a great first attack as well and with only 2 retreat as if the big attack wasn't trouble enough :mad:

Other comments from opening 42 packs: There are now always non-holo 5 commons so the holo or EX takes the spot of the regular rare like we were used to from Wizards. This was one way of adressing the problem that uncommons were rarer than rares.

WaRrIoR04 said:
any idea what jirachi does anyone?????
Jirachi 50HP
:psychic: Hypnoblast 10
The defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

:colorless :colorless Swift 20
{the usual Swift text}

Weak to Psychic, no Resistance, Retreat for :colorless

I pulled one in my prize boosters.

:unknown-b

Both Absol & Jirachi were cards from the 7-11 set. Only Ludicolo, Groundon, & Flygon remain from that set. Wouldn't those make nice League Promos? So TMvsTA has some 7-11 promos and the Meiji promos.

One mopre card to add to the error cards list.. this is a minor detail though.. the damage on Blaziken ex isnt properly aligned. The 0 should be in line with the text, and the + should be sticking out a bit. Look at the damage on Suicune ex. That one's correct.

That link doesnt exist.. AARRGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back