Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

You Favorites Games: Top 5 lists

Blaziken98

I would just like to see what the people on the Gym like Games wise. No flamming becuase of someones likes or choice in games.

Here is my Top 5 (Not in order from favorite to least favorite just random)

God of War PS2 - Amazing visuals game play and storyline.

Final Fantasy 7 PS1- Of course FF7 Is the best RPG (In my opnion) of all time!!!!!!

Shadow of the Colossus PS2 - Speechless This game is like the 3rd coming of Jesus

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 - Need I say anything

Resident Evil 4 Gamecube and PS2 (Both version awsome) - If you have played a Resident Evil game before this I feel bad for you. This is what Capcom ment to make the first time around. Amazing Graphics, Godly game play, amazing cinematics and a Story line to boot. If you haven't played this yet you MUST!!! Oh and this is the 2nd coming of Jesus

Please post your Top 5 similar to mine with
Title- Systeam- and additional info.
Post Away

Last edited:
no offense, but odds say the mods will see this as a poll. If this thread stays open through the weekend, I will post my top five.

peace
phantom

why wait for the lock when you can post now??

well, there's more than 5 games that i would like to list. i'll try to narrow it down to the games that i have probably spent the most time playing (so there might be a bit of a bias toward older games):
  • we love katamari - ps2: this is one of the most original and fun games i have played in a long time. you roll a sticky ball around and try to make it bigger by rolling objects up into the ball. addicting and fun for all gamers.
  • final fantasy 6 (aka - ff3) - snes: i don't care what people say about which final fantasy is the best, this one is my favorite. it might not have the slick graphics of it's newer counterparts, but this game was involving and fun without needing spectacular visual effects (well, they kind of were spectacular for the time).
  • mike tyson's punch out - nes: i used to spend hours playing this game. with goofy characters like glass joe, bald bull, soda popinski, and king hippo, each requiring a new strategy to defeat, this might have been my favorite nes game. back when tyson had talent and was feared more than mocked, getting a chance to go toe to toe with the most destructive force in the ring was something i couldn't pass up.
  • super mario bros/duck hunt - nes: i included both game here because they came on the same cartridge. super mario bros was a breakthrough in gaming. with 32 stages to traverse (and then play again on hard mode), this game offered a whole new gaming experience. duck hunt, while less fun, still got play time in my house. i mean, once your bored with mario, just hit reset and start shooting.
  • galaga - arcade: one of those timeless classics for me. while pretty much just a button masher where you have to dodge bullets, this game always offers a challenge. i still will shell out 25 cents to play this in the arcade.
there's a lot more that i would list. these are just my five most enjoyed games.

i'm still dying to play shadow of the colossus, and i expect it to be a very enjoyable game. can't wait to get my tax return...

Last edited:
Even if it is a poll, here are mine...

Final Fantasy Tactics - PSX - The best story of any RPG I've played, being actually realistic until the end, and having a unique class system that combines most anything you want to do. Also the best supporting villain ever (Algus), who was more detestable than the Shrine Knights simply because he was an elitist noble with authority on his side.

Tales of Phantasia - SNES - RPG with sidescroller combat. It had humour, and likeable characters (except Klarth). It's a shame it was never translated, and while it later came out on PSX with a new playable character, Suzu, the SNES version still shows how far they could push the system. The thing had a title song with lyrics. On a SNES.

Super Mario World - SNES - One of the first games I really played exhaustively. This is mostly a nostalgia thing for me, but it can't be denied this thing set in place a lot of the Mario world. Yoshi, for example, made himself famous by being Mario's steed.

Final Fantasy 3 - NES - This one's been forgotten, as far as FF games go, simply because it was never seriously translated. It was a real challenge, and Cloud of Darkness was arguably the hardest final boss in the entire FF series (tied with FF4 Hardtype's Zeromus), along with the Splitting Cave being pure genius in terms of strategic design.

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past - SNES - Best story in the LoZ series, plus some of the more challenging dungeons I've played in the series, and of course, enough hidden content that without a guide you'd be playing for hours. Again, this was one of the games I'd play exhaustively in my childhood.

It won't be a poll cause if you give reasons... Yeah =D

1. SSBM (GCN) - I mean this is just the best game EVAR!!!! There are so many combos to find out and if you think about when it was made and the graphics...:eek: Anyways it has good graphics even against the more recent GCN games. Plus the usage of great characters. (Yay 4 Marth!!!!)

2. Mario Kart DS (DS) - Well the thing is I think the most that makes a game great is multi player ability. And well Wi-Fi would fall into that category! I know you can do X-box live and stuff but can you take ur X-Box everywhere? Yeah but it would be kind of stupid. No, it would be REALLY stupid. So I like how I don't have to arrange a meeting with my friends for a fun multi player game, I can just go up the street and start playing. Plus what makes Mario Kart DS even more different from most racing games is the items!!!!! Yes you shall die Red and Blue shells!!!!

3. Nintendogs (DS) - Yeah the ability to comunicate with your DS is... Awesome. Plus I can't have a real dog due to the other people living in my house so this is pretty cool! Plus it's a bit easier :biggrin:. There is also alot of things to do in the game with no real particular plot so it's kind of a free game and you can do whatever you want and have fun.

4. Pokemon XD Gale Of Darkness (GCN) - Well I like Pokemon... (*gasp* What a shocker!!!) And this game has really good graphics with a decent plot and can't be beaten really fast effectively. It has MUCH more Shadow Pokemon then Colluseum and people can have multiple Shadow Pokemon at once. Yeah 6 Shadow Pokemon team is probably going to take a while to catch.

5. (I would probably put Metroid First Hunt hear when it comes out or Animal Crossing our something but I havn't played it) GT4 (PS2) - How can I resist? I like racing games and this has the most realistic graphics I have ever seen. I mean I actualy thought they had just video taped something at first lol. It is a very realistic driving game and isn't easy to beat. There is ALOT to do and unlock. Also the fact that you can tune your car (lots of racing games have this) is really cool. Certain races can only be done by certain cars and long races like those over an hour. Plus GT games are da best!

Hmmm All time list....

5) Legend of Zelda 2 - NES: I just love this game... Its a classic that will never die... sure other Zeldas are better graphically, and gameplay wise, but this is still my fave of the series.

4) Resident Evil 4 - Cube/PS2: I prefer the Cube, but both are nice. This is easily my fave series of games, and this is defenitely the best in the series. The gameplay, the graphics, its high re-playabillity, everything about this game rocks

3)Super Mario 3 - NES: I'm sorry, but the Princess is in another castle..... Just kidding...

2)Tetris - Everything since NES: Its freaking Tetris. I enjoy it on the go myself. Link up and battle others. Play for minutes, play for hours it doesnt matter its Tetris. And just wait til it goes WiFi on the DS!!!

1)Galaga - Arcade/Atari + every current system dang near: There is just something about this game... Just ask Chronic. Like he I will always plunk a quarter in when I see it... I currently own it on my Cube in Namco Musuem and Atari as well (to bad I am missing connections for my Atari =( )

Honerable Mentions:

Pokemon series - thats over 4000 hours and counting of my life I will never see again

Final Fantasy 7 - My fave in the series... still play it every year or 2

Pac-Man - MUST EAT DOTS!!!! MMM Blue Ghost....... aaaarrrrghh... *DROOL*

Out of all the games that I have played (which isn't that much; I didn't really get into video games until a couple of years ago, and I only own the middle generation consoloes), these are my favorites...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -- NDS -- This game has absolutely 0 replay value, but it's very good for a rental only game. Quite possibly the most challanging puzzle/story game created, it's almost haunting to its very core.

Pokemon Gold/Silver -- GBC -- There had to be a Pokemon game on here (or 3), and I personally believe that this generation was the deepest and most complex out of all of the games released. Notice that I have not yet played Emerald, so I cannot compare these to that game. I leave Crystal out of here, mostly cuz the wild Pokemon in the beginning make the game way too easy, especially once you hit the E4.

Final Fantasy 1/2 Dawn of Souls -- GBA -- There has to be a Final Fantasy game on here, and this is the only one that I have played. I love the levelup system in FF2, and I kinda hoped that they would make another game with similar levelups based on stat usage. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything else like it...

Mario Kart DS -- This game is better, more complex, deeper, and more challanging than the best that MK64 could have ever hoped to accomplish. The drones are at least competent racers at all levels, the new tracks are challanging, and the depth of the racers is astonishing (there are over 200 unique racers!). The only problem I have with this game is that the retro tracks took the WORST tracks from each MK generation, and not the best tracks. Case in point: Choco Mountain? Why?

Lost In Blue -- NDS -- This is different. The storyline is player-driven, rather than event or game driven. You get out of this game what you put into it. Fortunately for me, I put a LOT into this game in the beginning, and I've got nearly 100 hours on this thing so far. It's also the most portable game on the NDS, with the ability to save at any moment, rather than at specific moments, and the save process is the fastest that I have ever seen on any portable game.

Again, I haven't played FF4 or virtually any console games since the N64 era, so I might change my mind once the Revolution hits...

5) Bible Adventures- NES
I think this game was made to help save some souls, but I managed to find a way to make it condemn mine. Chucking Baby Moses into the Nile River is by far the greatest thing you can do in a video game, it's never been topped. God is going to be so ****** at me.

4)Resident Evil 4 - GC
The stupidest question I have ever been asked comes from this game: "Would you like to pick up the shotgun?" I wish all RE games played like this, and hopefully all future RE games will. A simple game that engrosses you, but doesn't consume you with annoying sequences.

3)Super Smash Brothers Melee- GC
A simple, yet fun game that has an incredibly easy learning curve. People can pick up on each character in about one night, and with the amount of characters available the action rarely gets tiring. Quite possibly the perfect game for beginner gamers and experienced ones alike.

2)Final Fantasy Tactics- PSX
A game thats a little complex, but once you learn how it works it becomes an open experience to do as you like. I really hope this game gets a true sequel (not the BS from the uber-simplified and watered down GBA version). Each time I play this game, I choose new Job classes for the Hero and use different allies as well. Theres still much I haven't tried yet.

1)Earthbound- SNES
Greatest RPG ever. Very simple, yet engrossing. As humorous as it is enjoyable, only Super Mario RPG comes close to it in the genre. Although the gameplay doesn't change too much with each replay, it is still a very enjoyable experience. A lot like rewatching a favorite movie. Still waiting for the day the other entries in the series are released, including a long rumored but never materialized sequel.

Joshman said:
5) Bible Adventures- NES
I think this game was made to help save some souls, but I managed to find a way to make it condemn mine. Chucking Baby Moses into the Nile River is by far the greatest thing you can do in a video game, it's never been topped. God is going to be so ****** at me.
oh my god!! i didn't think anybody else had played this game. i was just a wee lad, but i remember playing the moses and noah's ark games just because i was bored out of my mind.

Final Fantasy 1/2 Dawn of Souls -- GBA -- There has to be a Final Fantasy game on here, and this is the only one that I have played. I love the levelup system in FF2, and I kinda hoped that they would make another game with similar levelups based on stat usage. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything else like it...

Seriously, go play the NES versions, even if you have to emulate them. They are so much above the shoddy GBA remake that it's not even funny.

Joshman said:
4)Resident Evil 4 - GC
The stupidest question I have ever been asked comes from this game: "Would you like to pick up the shotgun?" I wish all RE games played like this, and hopefully all future RE games will. A simple game that engrosses you, but doesn't consume you with annoying sequences.

QUOTE]
I feel exactlly the same way RE was awsome but this one is god. Have any of you played the PS2 versions yet? I have it and the Sepreate Ways Ada extra missions are well worth it new weapons (The Crossbow is sweet) and the PR #### whatever it is called is freaking amazing it is well worth playing the PS2 Edition.

I wouldn't mind playing the PS2 version, but I do mind paying for the game again. I guess one of the big dilemmas of our time is now deciding whether to get something at release or wait about a year to get the "special editions" that inevitably come out.

Mine are in no order

: Nights of the old Republic for the xbox
Simply amizing story line and a solid RPG for the xbox

: Halo 2 for the xbox
Exellent Shooter game and fun multiplayer modes

: Mario Kart Double Dash Gcube
A fun little driving game
: SSBM Gcube
Awsome multiplayer meele hayem
: Star Wars Battle Front ll
A cool mix of shooter,multiplayer, and not being all powerful makes this a cool game

no top 5, jut mantioning a game that deserves some creddit;

TALES OF SYMPHONIA (Gcube)

sorry to say it, but i might like ToS eevn more than FF7.

best battle system i've ever seen, probably best story too.

lessee....

meh i cant come up with an order. here's 5 that come to mind right away:

- Castle of the Winds
- Imperium Galactica 1
- Half-Life 2
- Non-Terraqueous
- Final Fantasy III (the NES game)

Now my question is, Half-Life 2 aside, I've mentinoed some perhaps less-known games. so you have 3 tasks before you. 1)Who has played any of them. 2) who knows what Non-Terraqueous is, and 3) has anyone beaten that game?! i havent beaten it in the like 17 years of my life that i've played it!

Marril said:
Seriously, go play the NES versions, even if you have to emulate them. They are so much above the shoddy GBA remake that it's not even funny.
Wasn't FF2 on NES the same as FF4 for GBA? I'm playing FF4 right now, fun little game, but the battle system is somewhat awkward to me.

plz PM me with some good places to find the original versions, thx.

My Top five games

5. Mario Kart DS (DS) - Very nice Single Player Mode and a really good Multiplayer Mode.

4. Capcom vs. SNK 2 (GC) - Has all of the classic arcade controls, six base super move bars to choose from, 30+ characters to choose from, and they're from all sorts of Capcom and SNK fighting games (Street Fighter/Alpha/3rd Strike, King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, etc.)

3. Star Wars: Battlefront II (PC) - The PC controls are just like every other FPS game. However, a lot of (good) changes were made from the first SWBF game. Add all of those new features into online multiplayer mode, and you have yourself a party.

2. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) - Probably one of the best Castlevania games to ever come out to this data. Not only are there great controls, but you actually make use of the bloody stylus during the game. That, and there are some worthy unlockables in the game.

1. Guild Wars (PC) - Even though it, technically, isn't an MMORPG, it really does give you the feeling of one. Plenty of things to fight, collect, and do when in you're in the GW world (create a Guild, make a cape, set up a guild hall, etc).

Back