Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

You know what Gripes my rear? #2

Bullet

California

Yes thats right California. Why? Well its because of competition for any game. I keep hearing constantly about how someone is the best in the world because they won some fancy tournament in California, or going back to yugioh how Team Comic Oddysey was so good from California, or the Nationals for ygo in which so many people topped 8 that were from California.

It makes me sick that it seems everyone from California think that California is the entire world. The problem I have is they hold so many major tournaments from Yugioh, to Smash Bros Brawl, to Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 tournaments, but the problem is its only held in California, and people think they are the best in the world by either winning these tournaments or placing high in them. Heres a reality check, while Cali has high population, its dont make up the entire world. The problem I have with people declaring world supremacy is the idea that they care to ignore the South, the North, The East Coast because they never travel outside the State of California, they think California is the best place in the world and accounts for it being king of the throne or something.

Lets take Super Smash Bros Brawl for instance, where things really got out of hand with that particular state, we got players to seemed to wield around a title of Pro, (ie; Gimpyfish, Eggz, Chris, list goes on) but here is the real screecher.......its because they didnt win tournaments in California, they just placed high in them. Yes so if you ever hear anyone talk about pros of Smash Bros Melee while being in Brawl, be sure to not even give it a second look, theirs so much evidence that proves they are no where near the best just because of something that only happens in California or Nevada.

Same goes for Yugioh and other games, I had a guy tell me in Call of Duty 4 that he placed 2nd in Cali tournament, dont know what it was.................. so I say......... And??? Who gives a crap? Its California, just because you win a tournament in California dont put you above anyone else. (let me tell he wasnt too spectactcular either) which just leaves me to wonder what kind of people even enter in these tournaments out west in the first place if someone like that guy really didn place 2nd. I am kind of just sick of hearing this place and everyone preaching that its the king of the world.

California is just another state, theirs about 49 more of them and they need to realize that. Lets realize one thing, the only thing California has is population, it dont mean that of that population, their has to be very many good players for any game, because from my analysis, theirs really not many good players in any of those games that actually come out of California, they would be beat by people from all around the world including the unmentioned North, South, and East of the United States.

That......... GRIPES MY REAR.

Nice to hear that something "Gripes your rear" this time rather than "Grips your rear" like last time :lol::tongue:

But anyway, you make an interesting point. I think your point on the whole Pokemon TCG also applies somewhere else too

Last edited:
California gets a lot of hype because it's large (they get what, two, three regionals?) and they have Hollywood, Los Angeles, Disney World, Lego Land, and all these other things that they're well-known for. Oh well. We Oregonians don't get anything, but eh, doesn't bug me personally. I haven't met any Californian players (that I know of), so I can't pass judgment, but I hear where you're coming from on this.

Nice to hear that something "Gripes your rear" this time rather than "Grips your rear" like last time :lol::tongue:

But anyway, you make an interesting point. I think your point on the whole Pokemon TCG also applies somewhere else too

yeah I know :thumb:

California gets a lot of hype because it's large (they get what, two, three regionals?) and they have Hollywood, Los Angeles, Disney World, Lego Land, and all these other things that they're well-known for. Oh well. We Oregonians don't get anything, but eh, doesn't bug me personally. I haven't met any Californian players (that I know of), so I can't pass judgment, but I hear where you're coming from on this.

Sure they are big, have everything under the moon, but I question what exactly makes people think some winner in California is above the rest? being a Call of Duty 4 and Smash Brawl player competitively, I have not seen these players who supposedly place well in some major Cali tournament actually be any better then someone who never attended the tourney and lives out East or something, if nothing else they are not really that good as the hype leads people to believe.

You know what gripes me BLEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

People that are able to walk and talk at the same time....like rub it in that I can't do it, gee, thx!!!!

You know what gripes me BLEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

People that are able to walk and talk at the same time....like rub it in that I can't do it, gee, thx!!!!

I can walk, talk and make up weird things in my head that have nothing to do with anything important... like how i can't remember what i did in biology!

Anywho... I don't think I've heard of people from California other than 'Mom... =P So i really don't know who wins or what not...

Welcome to the world. Seriously. No matter where you are, unless you're in one of these "centre of the world" places, there is always a place that thinks it's the centre of the world. California is just one example. You could make the same argument for New York, or Tokyo if you're in Japan, or Toronto if you're in Canada, and so on.

That said, anyone who thinks California is "just another state" compared to tiny specks on the map like Rhode Island or nowhere lands like Alaska really shouldn't be complaining about something griping his rear.

I truly dont think people in New York believe they are the best in the world if a tournament is held only in New York, I think people there is too busy wondering what the next headline in the Newspaper is going to be to even give much care.

California is just another state in the U.S., its not above any other state or below any other state unless politicians and white lab coat people want to make up statistics about who grows the biggest grapefruit.

The Problem I got with California is for any game you can think of, a tournament is held usually in Nevada or California and thats where it stays and thats the only place that tournament is held, when its done, the winners of top place people celebrate and declare world supremacy without even traveling outside the entire Pacific Time zone, that sums up California. That also sums most of what is said to be famous people who suppose to have placed top 2 or won some fancy tournament in California if it be Halo 3, COD4, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and that joke I call EVO stirs the pot even more. All California has is population. Those people winning these tournaments, I know people in Florida, New York, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Carolinas, that would stomp those people into the ground on any of those games, but you really wont see it because they dont move outside Cal or Nevada.

Rather then let it "gripe" or "grip" your rear ,which ever you prefer , why not just try to be better? Rather then...whine I guess is the word....

I'm a competitive player as well and always strived to be better like when I played rugby, soccer and lots of other stuff! Right now I'm hooked on Halo 3 , COD 4 and R6 Vegas and I do believe the top players are not Cali people! Not that I care where they are from I just enjoy pwning the noobs who play!:lol: To me it doesn't matter who is better and where they are from, If they are all from Cali then so be it.

im already better then most of those people in online games, either that or they completely ignore my challenge which the majority in Brawl.

Back