Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

your best six team

bobbcorr

I don't have a lot to add to this thread, but with the success of the 3v3 thread, I thought we'd see what works here.

As far as I can see, the strategic dynamics of the 6v6 game are more varied, especially when you add the trainer figures, the larger playmat, and the two-phase pokemon center.

Release the hounds!

bob

Zangoose
Machop
Eevee
Murkrow
Lugia
Feraligatr/Ho-Oh/Pikachu

Max Revive
X Attack
X Attack
Switch
Scoop Up

Last edited:
Yknow, if people don't provide reasons for their teams, this is pretty much a poll...

Anyways, my team:

Groudon - Solid goal defender. High chance of doing 100 damage combined with a chance to dodge make him superior to Kyogre, Feraligatr, or Charizard in my opinion.

Lugia - Goal Defender/Backup attacker. Definitely the most powerful 1MP Pokemon. Its Hurricane attack is amazing, and 90 damage ain't to shabby either.

Ho-oh - Midfielder. Great damage output for a 2MP Pokemon. Tornado spin has advantages and disadvantages, but Ho-oh can usually get back into the midfield right after returning to the bench due to Tornado Spin.

Absol - Midfielder and jack of all trades. Nice dodge chance, relatively powerful attack (70 is weaker than some of the other 2MP Pokemon like Zangoose, but it's still pretty solid), and an amazing purple ability. People may argue that knocking itself out isn't worth auto KOing the Defending Pokemon, but I disagree. Knocking yourself out can actually be a good thing in some situation - for example, if someone you really need is in the close spot of the Pokemon Center.

Murkrow - He really is a nice blitzer. Nice for creating diversions and setting up a trap with Eevee.

Eevee - Probably the best 3MP guy in my opinion. He has the potential to do 60 damage and has an above average dodge chance. Good blitzer, and good for setting up a trap with Murkrow.

Red - He just looks infinitely cooler than Brendan, Brock, or Misty.

1-2 Max Revive - Unbelievably helpful in lots of situations. I'd say I use it almost every game.

1 Long Throw - I don't use it very often, but it's good to have in store if your entry points get blocked.

0-1 Switch - Not quite as useful as Max Revive or Long Throw, but it has some uses. I usually don't use it.

One of my favorite strategies with Eevee and Murkrow is to send Eevee up the side, hopefully dodge (or kill) whoever is sent to attack it, and then surround its attacker with Murkrow.

Ok, explanations :p

Zangoose - This thing is probably the best 2MP Pokemon out there with Absol but I think Zangoose is a bit better when you don't want to hit Double Edge and die. Pretty much always 40 or better. I use this to stop alot of runners like Krow and eevee (I usually X Attack Vs. Eevee if I have one to spare). Zangoose is like a weaker and faster blocker.

Machop - This will pretty much stop runners almost 70% of the time, so when my opponent tries for a fast win, I'll block my corner with Machop, they'll divert the other way, then I'll cover that side with another strong blocker. 60% White 40 and 30% dodge is amazing for a blocker. And most runners save Focus Energy'd eevee do less than 40, so it can stop them with ease. I;'ve considered Ho-Oh, but with the large Miss range he can't block runners as well.

Eevee - One of my two runner, 3MP Pokemon are pretty much staples to winning, I'd say about 20 to 30 percent of my games are won using Eevee, 20 to 30 using Krow, and the rest with a 2MP or Lugia that slowly kills their defenses.

Murkrow - Pretty much the best 3MP atm.

Lugia - Best. Defense. Evar. Hurricane is the best Purple attack for a defender to have. This is what I put on my goal to ward off other stuff or keep them from attacking from just fear of losing to Hurricane. A 90 White 50% is awesome too.

Feraligatr - Personally, I think once I get a Groudon, i'll switch him in for better block purposes... Gatr hasn't done much in battles, Lugia is the real stronghold.

Max Revive - Best trainer atm
Long Throw - I added this today, when your entries are blocked, you'll want to have this, also helps Lugia move faster.
Switch - Helps you setup for a long-term win with Lugia/Groudon.
X Attack - Helps blockers beat out a Focus Energy eevee on offense.

I play expert rules, so that's 300 pts worth.

Back