Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

your best three team

bobbcorr

I've been playing with my son and am definitely enjoying the combination of fast games, strategy and team building.

On that last topic, even with our limited collection, we've had a lot of fun putting together different teams that play off each other.

Here's my favorite so far:

Meowth
Murkrow
Salamence

I'm curious what teams you've had success with too,

bob

Zangoose
Lugia
Murkrow

I sense a disturbing trend here....I've got a large collection, more than enough to come up with a team that doesn't include him...but I've yet to find a 3 move figure to replace Murkrow.

Zangoose
Machop/Lugia
Murkrow/Eevee (Usually Krow)

In 3on3 the big thing is stopping the Krow ;p
I find Zangoose can beat Krow alot, and Lugia can take on more stuff than Machop, but Machop is solid, too.

Quick question, why does everyone keep hyping Murkrow? I mean, it is a decent figure for 3v3 but there are just better choices for 6v6. A prime example is voltorb and potentiall beedrill/abra. As far as 2 MP figures go, scyther/weezing/raichu/zangoose are undoubtedly the best with meowth being somewhere near the middle. Now I realize that this topic is for 3v3 but I don't see why there is a need to limit your/ourselves to this. A thread for 6v6 teams would foster more creativity and simply provide better results.

ON TOPIC
Kyogre
Weezing
Raichu

I never said it was offensive, but it isn't that hard to look around and find out what other figures do to make a team with them.

I dislike Beedrill, but I do agree that are good alternatives to Murkrow in 6v6. I'm surprised by the lack of mention of Eevee - it has a NICE dodge chance, and can potentially do 60 damage -enough to knock out some prominent 2MP Pokemon and even some of the powerful 1MP pokemon. One of my favorite opening-game techniques is to use Eevee as bait (Utilizing its dodging ability) and then surround whoever attacks Eevee using my second 3MP guy (usually Murkrow).
Abra's Teleport attack is very nice, but its other two attacks are frankly abysmal. 10 damage is an obvious phail, and returning to the bench defeats the purpose of a 3MP figure.

Anyways, I don't play 3v3 (So little strategy involved that it isn't fun), but my 6v6 team is:
Eevee
Murkrow
Absol
Ho-oh
Lugia
Groudon

Quick question, why does everyone keep hyping Murkrow? I mean, it is a decent figure for 3v3 but there are just better choices for 6v6. A prime example is voltorb and potentiall beedrill/abra. As far as 2 MP figures go, scyther/weezing/raichu/zangoose are undoubtedly the best with meowth being somewhere near the middle. Now I realize that this topic is for 3v3 but I don't see why there is a need to limit your/ourselves to this. A thread for 6v6 teams would foster more creativity and simply provide better results.

The reason I asked about the best 3v3 is that we don't have enough to field good 6v6 games. . . yet. :frown:

But we will soon as our collection grows.

I will start a 6v6 thread to capture that feedback.

Thanks,

bob

I don't have many figures, but from what I have, my team would be:

Salamence - Maybe it doesn't look so good for a 1MP Pokemon, but Fly Away essentially increases its MP when it attacks. That doesn't mean it'll run the board, but if it has to, it can do better than other 1 MP's. Plus it doesn't miss very often, and 70 is good enough to beat most Pokemon most of the time.

Murkrow - With my collection, it was either this or Ekans for the runner.

Zangoose - I'm not sure, but it might have the best chance to Dodge in the game, plus its attacks are solid and it can't miss. The only problem is the lack of a purple attack.

Back