Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Yveltal EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunarWolf21

This is the deck I use on PTCGO, with the exception of Yveltal EX, which I only have 1 of at the moment.

2 Yveltal EX
1 Yveltal
2 Darkrai EX
3 Sableye
1 Absol
1 Mr. Mime

4 Juniper / Sycamore
4 N
2 Shauna
3 Skyla

1 Dowsing Machine
1 Enhanced Hammer
2 Muscle Band
4 Dark Patch
2 Professor's Letter
4 Ultra Ball
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Super Rod
1 Max Potion
3 Bicycle
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Switch

2 Virbank City Gym

10 Dark Energy

60 total

General strategy is to attack with Yveltal EX's first attack. Play your Trainers as fast as possible, Juniper your hand away even if there's relatively good cards in them if it means drawing something to keep up momentum. Professor's Letter + Ultra Ball + Dark Patch is excellent and is the first thing you want to do if you can.

Of course, you should shift strategy to Sableye immediately if your opponent's in a position to out-speed you.

If you want to play this with Garbodor, I'd replace the Absol, the Mr. Mime, 1 Darkrai EX, the Switch, the Tool Scrapper, the Max Potion, and either a dark energy or a Hypnotoxic Laser for a 2-2 Garbodor line and 3 Float Stones.

Personally, I think that with decks that try to take prizes (relatively) quickly, I'd cut down on the N and add some more Shauna and red card. Also, with tool scrapper you shouldn't really need any switch, here's what I think that you should do:

-4 N
-1 Switch
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Enhanced Hammer

+2 Shauna
+4 Red Card
+1 Tool Scrapper

Sorry if I give bad advice, I've never actually ran Yveltal/Darkrai.

Personally, I think that with decks that try to take prizes (relatively) quickly, I'd cut down on the N and add some more Shauna and red card. Also, with tool scrapper you shouldn't really need any switch, here's what I think that you should do:

-4 N
-1 Switch
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Enhanced Hammer

+2 Shauna
+4 Red Card
+1 Tool Scrapper

+4 Red card?!! NOOO!!!!

-2 Sableye (Yvelta is more aggresive)
-1 N
-3 Bicycle
-2 Prof Letter
-Absol (not really needed)

+2-2 Electrode Line
+1 Yvelta
+1 Muscle Band

Switch should stay because of Snorlax. Electrode would give you more than 3 bicycles. Muscle Band wins games.

Thanks for the replies.

-4 N
-1 Switch
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Enhanced Hammer

+2 Shauna
+4 Red Card
+1 Tool Scrapper

While you are right that N doesn't draw that many cards after the first couple of turns in this deck, I would never remove it completely because N is excellent with Junk Hunt + Dowsing Machine. You can continuously N your opponent to 1 or 2 cards and that right there can win you games, and even though it does the same to you, the difference is you can Junk Hunt afterwards. This makes Red Card outclassed in my opinion.

Honestly, I think Red Card serves no purpose in any deck outside of a situational first turn combo with Hooligans Jim and Cas. Because giving your opponent a 4 card hand can help them just as much as it can hurt them, and it is still likely they draw a Supporter in those 4 cards (+ the card they draw to start their turn). I could see having 1 Red Card in this deck to use with Junk Hunt at the right moment, but I feel Dowsing Machine for N would almost always be better.

I would consider taking 1 N out for 1 more Shauna (or even Skyla), but no more.

As for the rest, I need 4 Ultra Balls to discard dark energy for Dark Patch and to reduce my hand size for Bicycle. I play 4 because it's important to open with it turn 1. The single Switch is for a few certain scenarios, like Plasma Snorlax, or if I want to Dark Patch to my Active Pokemon and attack with it that same turn, I can Switch then Dark Patch and retreat back.

The Enhanced Hammer can really lock down some games. Junk Hunt for Enhanced + Dowsing is amazing against Aromatisse decks that use Rainbow and Prism, for example.

I don't really need more than a single Tool Scrapper because this deck doesn't get hurt by Garbodor and I can just Junk Hunt for it if I need to.

+4 Red card?!! NOOO!!!!

-2 Sableye (Yvelta is more aggresive)
-1 N
-3 Bicycle
-2 Prof Letter
-Absol (not really needed)

+2-2 Electrode Line
+1 Yvelta
+1 Muscle Band

Switch should stay because of Snorlax. Electrode would give you more than 3 bicycles. Muscle Band wins games.

Junk Hunt is way too good to reduce to 1, but I could see myself replacing 1 Sableye (or Absol) for another regular Yveltal.

I prefer Bicycle because I can play it when I draw it and I don't have to worry about my opponent dropping a Garbodor down. And I have Junk Hunt'd for it before too, but the first turn speed is really what's important.

Professor's Letter is the heart and soul of the deck. It opens up way too many plays. Like, Prof. Letter + Ultra Ball, now you can search for non-EX Yveltal, Dark Patch to it, and still have another dark in the discard for Oblivion Wing. I would remove 1 of the energy before Letter.

I will definitely consider another Muscle Band, but I haven't needed 3 so far. It is an excellent card, and my opponents always underestimate how much damage I can do because of it, between Yveltal EX's extra 20 (compared to Mewtwo), Muscle Band's extra 20, and Laser's extra 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back