Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Zach L's 1st Place Hamilton, Ontario BR Report

smacktack15

Ok, so I had 2 BRs in one day and the 1st one, Etobicoke was a drag (I finished 2-2 testing out Plox w/ Muk), so I decided to play G&G w/ Claydol, Bronzong, & CHATOT (The list is below). I get to the store (which was cramped) and I get to playing. Here is my list for you netdeckers out there

Pokemon
2- Gardy X SW
2- Gardy SW
2- Gallade SW
2- Kirlia SW
3- Ralts SW
1- Ralts DF 60/101 (HYPNOSIS)
1- Bronzong MD
1- Bronzor MD
1- Claydol GE
1- Baltoy GE
2- Pachy GE
1-CHATOT MD
= 19

Trainers1- Battle Frontier
1- Lake Boundary
3- Windstorm
2- Steves Advice
2- Roseannes Research
2- Bebes Search
1- Celios Network
4- Rare Candy
3- Warp Point
1- Strength Charm
1- PlusPower
1- Crystal Shard
2- CopyCat
2- Night Maintenance
1- TSD
= 26

Energy
4- DRE
2- Scramble
2- Multi
7- Psychic
=15

R1 Janice K Empoleon & Omastar

She gets a rocket start and I figure out how good Pachirisu can be. She only gets out Omastar once but, it only kills my Claydol. I end up getting a Gardy X out FTW.

1-0

R2 AJ S G&G w/ Latilock

We both get really good starts and it is one LONGGGGGG match. I end up PLOXing him to stop his setup but, he comes back. The end of the game was a Scramble Pluspower Lake Boundary fight but, I end up winning with my Gallade.

2-0

R3 Brian C Gyradoes/Pidgeot(both)/Milotic

We have a nice LONGGGGG game with me getting a T2 Gallade on his Gyradoes. I find the true power of Battle Frontier when Pidgeot comes out and I Bring Down FTW in the very end.

3-0

R4 Matt K Infernape MD w/ Typhlosion & Raichu

I get a better start because I actually get some energy. He stalls out with basics will I just SPAM KOs. I easily swept through this game.

4-0

Finals Matt K Infernape MD w/ Typhlosion & Raichu

Game 1: We both start strong but, Infernapes bad HP is Gallade bait. He almost wins but, Bronzong MD has resistance -20, his attack, -20, and Matt's DRE, -10 for a whopping -50. I then use Pain Amplifier FTW on his benched Claydol and Pachirisu.

1/2

Game 2: I get a GOD hand with a Bronzor, Bronzong, RC, DRE, Roseannes, RC, Celio's. He goes 1st and does nothing (Resistance FTW). I draw, RC Bronzor into Bronzong, play Roseannes for a psy and Ralts. Attach a Psy energy, bench ralts and end. He evolves into infernape and attacks me. I draw, RC into Gardy and Telepass a drawing car for alot and setup even more. I start to rip through him with Bronzong and anything else I could through at him. I end up Bringing Down any of his Bench FTW:p

PROPS
- 1st
- my bro winning 4 BRs spring this season (2 weeks)
- my dad for driving me
- finally beating Matt, 3 times

SLOPS
- Geneses was not there with his crew
- cramped place

I really wanted to see if my deck chould take yours down... oh well, maybe next season Zach, good luck @ Barrie & Angus

Thanks Sean, do you do redshark? We can test there. I hopefully will pull of a Hat-Trick and win 3 in a row and my bro will win all 6 that we will go to for sure:p

Yeah, I had a blast battling you. It is also too bad that you didn't finish the game with my dad (the fun game that you had to stop due to Brian leaving). Are you going to come down again any time soon? It would be great if we could battle again (maybe at Worlds 09?)

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

BTW, what happened to everyones signatures?

Last edited:
Chatot was used in every single game throughout the whole game. Whenever my Active got KO'ed, I had an option to send up Chatot, draw and then decide what I wanted to play up. Chatot especially works wonders when you have it Active and you want to Lv.l up your benched Gardevoir for a Bring Down Ko or a nice PLOX. I love it

Back