Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Zebstrika uses?

jjkkl

Front Page Article Editor
I'm attracted primarily to Disconnect:

:lightning::colorless:

Your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn.

I'm not entirely sure which would be the best deck for it, but there are a few good things going for it: a fairly quick one-sided trainer lock, free retreat, and a snipe.

Of course, it's a bit fragile, but I'm not necessarily too picky on that. So, thoughts of the community on its possible uses?

Have a fun build my gf uses - She's not amazing, but she makes it work decently.

We use Zeb/Eels to rotate the snipe as often as we need, using Disconnect when you can, with Zekrom as a big hitter and a teched Terrakion to give us an energy type that isn't discarded for the snipe.

Have a fun build my gf uses - She's not amazing, but she makes it work decently.

We use Zeb/Eels to rotate the snipe as often as we need, using Disconnect when you can, with Zekrom as a big hitter and a teched Terrakion to give us an energy type that isn't discarded for the snipe.

Any thoughts on Judge to keep the opponent on a low hand after accumulation through an item lock? I'd assume after eels are set up you don't need to worry about a large hand too much.

Any thoughts on Judge to keep the opponent on a low hand after accumulation through an item lock? I'd assume after eels are set up you don't need to worry about a large hand too much.

That sort of manipulation is a little beyond her at the moment, but it's not a bad thought. I would worry about running it too heavily though, as relying on it early is a huge risk (but that's a Judge thing in general)

That sort of manipulation is a little beyond her at the moment, but it's not a bad thought. I would worry about running it too heavily though, as relying on it early is a huge risk (but that's a Judge thing in general)

Yeah, that's true. I think it'd be a problem since Judge is a risky play with high risk-high reward involved.

It has free retreat, which is huge for the Eel reload plan after a snipe.

That's what really attracted me as a possible partner to Zekrom in a Zektrik deck. Perhaps 2 Zekrom Ex, 1 Zekrom, and a thicker Zeb line? Snipe and lock until they get a sufficient attacker out, then use Zekrom EX to counter?
Posted with Mobile style...

Yeah, that's true. I think it'd be a problem since Judge is a risky play with high risk-high reward involved.

That's what really attracted me as a possible partner to Zekrom in a Zektrik deck. Perhaps 2 Zekrom Ex, 1 Zekrom, and a thicker Zeb line? Snipe and lock until they get a sufficient attacker out, then use Zekrom EX to counter?
Posted with Mobile style...

I am hugely not a fan of Zek EX, Terrakion makes you cry. The damage from a normal Zek isn't much lower, and the risk is HUGELY less. But that's another discussion entirely. Here's what we use -

2 Zekrom
3 Thundurus
3-3 Zebstriak
3-3 Electrick
1 Terrakion
1 Cleffa

7 Electric
2 Fighting
4 Prism

The Prisms are useful because on Zek/Thun/Terr, they are rainbow, but on Zeb, they are colorless and so Zeb doesn't lose them when he snipes. The Thundurus are good starters, setting you up with energy in play and in the discard (which might as well be in play).

You need shaymin ex as a late game sweeper, otherwise the deck doesn't have enough damage output for late game.

That's actually a decent idea... I may pull the Terrakion for that. Or throw it in in addition. I actually have the Shaymin too, thank god.

I like Terrakion, Mewtwo and Shaymin as back up attackers/finishers, but I also like Amoongus+Disconnect to inflict special conditions and extra damage. I wish I could fit them all in a deck but I feel like it would be inconsistent to have everything.

Back