Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Zek/Eels for battle roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

solo59486

Here is my deck list that I might use in a battle road tournament. I need your guy's opinion on this deck and see what I need to fix on it. Yesterday at my battle roads I went 1-2 with this deck. I don't know what is wrong with this deck or if i'm playing it wrong. Please help Thanks.

Pokemon: 15
4-3 Eelektrik (2 spark, 2 Paralyze)
2 Mewtwo EX
3 Zekrom
2 Thundurus
1 Tornadus EX

T/S/S: 33
4 Juniper
3 PONT
2 N
4 Dual Ball
2 PlusPower
2 Junk Arm
1 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Super Rod
2 Switch
3 Random Receiver
2 Level Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy: 12
3 DCE
9 Lighting

I can't get any Raikou EX or more Junk Arms due to how expensive they are and nobody wants to trade them.

Last edited:
Well, the lack of Junk Arm is probably the main thing that's wrong. If you can't get it, I guess there's nothing you can do, but just be aware that it's pretty hard to win with a deck like this if you don't have 4 Junk Arms.

I like the trainer line outside of this missing Junk Arm though; it's really solid.

I'd suggest adding in 2 Smeargle. You're already running Skyarrow Bridge, so there's no point in not using it. You could drop a Dual Ball and Ultra Ball since Smeargle will let you draw into your Pokemon more efficiently and reliably. You could probably get away with 8 Lightning if you don't want to drop that much search, though.

I'd work on eventually adding Terrakion too. You're a little low on attackers in your current list and this deck has a lot of trouble against Darkrai without Terrakion. It's also great in mirror.

This list looks similar to mine (apart from Junk Arm) and have you considered a revive?

I would:
-1 Lightning or -1 Level Ball

+1 Smeargle UD

Two, definitely. It makes it less likely you'll prize all your copies and it makes it so that if you lose one early-game, you can still Portrait late-game.

This is what my deck looks like now.

Pokemon: 16
4-3 Eelektrik (1 spark, 3 Paralyze)
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Zekrom
2 Thundurus
1 Tornadus EX
2 Smeargle

T/S/S: 31
3 Juniper
3 PONT
2 N
4 Dual Ball
2 PlusPower
2 Junk Arm
1 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Super Rod
2 Switch
2 Random Receiver
2 Level Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy: 13
4 DCE
9 Lighting

Last edited:
Also, you might want to consider adding a revive. I use one in my list and it is perfect for those clinch moments where both your's and the opponent's decks are thin. Just use revive, put the pokemon on the bench and Dynamotor to it, and it should be ready to attack again. A lot of people are against this card, but I think it is very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back