Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Zoroark and previous attack-copying rulings

Luxatos

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
I noticed there was a new ruling regarding copying attacks that discard energy, specifically Zoroark doing so. Previous rulings said that if an attack says "discard X energy" then it was a required discard, and the attack would do nothing if the energy couldn't be discarded. Are these previous rulings now overruled?

Compendium LvX - Skill Hack said:
Q. If I use Shiftry-EX's "Skill Hack" attack and copy an attack like Salamence-EX's "Hydro Wave" or Steelix-EX's "Mudslide", do I have to have any Water energy or Fighting energy attached to Shiftry-EX or not?
A. Basically when it comes to statements like "discard X Energy", they are considered necessary to use that attack. So for Hydro Wave Shiftry-EX would need to have at least one Water energy to discard, and for Mudslide Shiftry-EX would need to have two Fighting energy to discard. If you can only choose an attack that has requirements and you don't have the correct energy cards attached, then the Skill Hack attack does nothing. (Mar 15, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Compendium LvX - Attacks in General said:
If a Pokémon attack copies another attack that says "discard all [X] Energy", then you must be able to discard at least one energy card of that type in order to use that effect or attack requirement. (Mar 15, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Back