Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mwahaha. DP5 Scans (Uxie Lvl X, Mespirit Lvl X and Azelf Lvl X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[.] Tentacle Tease: Choose up to 2 Energy cards from your opponent's discard pile, and attach them to your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like. Then, do 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that had Energy attached, for each Energy card you attached.

can someone explain what the last sentence means???

It does 20 damage to each pokemon you attached the energy to with the effect of this attack..

Example:

Player A uses Tentacle Tease. Choose 2 energy cards and attach them to 1 benched pokemon and 1 to the actice (or whatever you want. May also be the same pokemon)

So then those 2 pokemon (or 1 pokemon)(in which you attached with the effect) get the energy you attached but also take 20 damage.

I hope that was somewhat clear...

A lot of these cards from this set look really interesting. I see many of these cards being used. Who knows how many of them will be truly competitive but I really think that when we get these cards (won't be until after worlds I imagine) it should create a good format with a lot of variety.

One thing I have noticed with this set is it seems like a lot of these cards revolve around energy (and i don't mean the energy cost of their attacks).

Vileplume looks really promising for Grass Type, as well as Victreebell. If Vileplume's Poke-Power works in the same way as how a Houndoom can discard a DRE and have both effects, it'll be great, imo.

Torkoal's White Smoke Poke-Body seems awesome too. Helps as an anti-snipe and anti-effect to your Benched.

This set has a lot of promise (maybe since we have translations.. early Redshark patch? :) ). So far I like the Fire, Water, Grass, and some Electric Types in this set.

Vileplume looks really promising for Grass Type, as well as Victreebell. If Vileplume's Poke-Power works in the same way as how a Houndoom can discard a DRE and have both effects, it'll be great, imo.

Torkoal's White Smoke Poke-Body seems awesome too. Helps as an anti-snipe and anti-effect to your Benched.
This set has a lot of promise (maybe since we have translations.. early Redshark patch? :) ). So far I like the Fire, Water, Grass, and some Electric Types in this set.

except it has to be active, and it attack sucks
just use Dugtrio from CG
same thing (body wise) and it doesnt have to be active

except it has to be active, and it attack sucks
just use Dugtrio from CG
same thing (body wise) and it doesnt have to be active

Slight problem, when this set is out in the US, Dugtrio CG will no longer be legal.

I do like the new "Raquazza EX" though!!! Only One energy all the time for 50!!, And it can run away to you hand if it is damaged so it dosn't get KO'd

Slight problem, when this set is out in the US, Dugtrio CG will no longer be legal.

I do like the new "Raquazza EX" though!!! Only One energy all the time for 50!!, And it can run away to you hand if it is damaged so it dosn't get KO'd

except DP5 is supposed to be released in May here in the US

either way, the Toarkal sucks since it has to be active

Can someone give us a Translation of the Promo card for this set in Japan, Heatran LV.X?
I almost completely forgot abotu that card.
i do know one thing:
He has a Poke-Power 7 a Poke-Body, no attacks.
And the card art is very nice on him.
he has 120 HP.
x2 Weak to Water.
And a hard to come by 4 retreat Cost!
Why don't i just show you all the card?

I don't know if i am aloud to post links here but here he is!
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPAN-Pokemon-D...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Thanks in advance for the member that translates him.

Can someone give us a Translation of the Promo card for this set in Japan, Heatran LV.X?
I almost completely forgot abotu that card.
i do know one thing:
He has a Poke-Power 7 a Poke-Body, no attacks.
And the card art is very nice on him.
he has 120 HP.
x2 Weak to Water.
And a hard to come by 4 retreat Cost!
Why don't i just show you all the card?

I don't know if i am aloud to post links here but here he is!
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPAN-Pokemon-D...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Thanks in advance for the member that translates him.

Well, I already translated this and posted it on the site I write for, but I guess just telling people to go there would be advertising.
Oh well. Here you go.

Heatran Lv.X
120 HP [R]

Poke-Body: Heat Metal
Your opponent cannot remove the burn Special Condition from his or her Pokemon by Evolving, Devolving, or Leveling up. Count all of your opponent’s flips for burn damage as tails.

Poke-Power: Heat Wave
Once during your turn (before you attack), if Heatran is on your bench, you may use this power. During this turn, if your active [R] or [M] Pokemon’s attack would discard basic energy attached to that Pokemon, you may attach up to 2 of them to Heatran instead.

Weak: [W]x2
Resist: N/A
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Steve=0 has found the best combo out of this set. Regirock+Stark is very, very good...Fighting has never had "true" energy accel of its own, so I'm excited.

Last edited:
It's almost ridiculous how Heatran level X is more like a Magmortar level X level X, i.e. a level-up that makes both of Magmortar lv X's features (Power and attack) better. XD :S

If it is correct, that certainly is an awesome card. I also like Exegutor - believe it or not. Hey, I know I'm weird and all, but even with flips, 50 per heads on a pokemon you can add boost, scramble, and double rainbow to seems pretty decent - almost too good to pass up, even with the discard!

Guaranteed 20 between turns? Allowing attacks that discard energy to instead attach energy (makes many cards broken like GE Latios)...man, that card is going to be legendary (so much pun!).

I like that Lanturn. 30 bombing for 1 energy on everything carrying at least 1 energy? Spells awesome to me.

Lanturn LV.39 – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Chinchou

[C][C] Wild Current: 20 damage. Move 1 Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon to one of your opponent's other Pokemon. (If your opponent only has 1 Pokemon in play, ignore this effect.)

+

Lanturn LV.43 – Lightning – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Chinchou

[L] Energy Split: Does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that has any Energy attached to it.

= epic combo :thumb:

Edit: Thank you Cyrus.

Last edited:
Metagross seems like a nice TeCH. Pokémon Reversal every turn anyone?
Also Foretress is awesome if its power works when an energy is attached via poké-power.

edit: Tentacruel comboes with that Lanturn quite nicely as well.

Heatran Lv.X does look pretty powerful but there's a few reasons why I don't think it's going to be as powerful as a lot of people think.

For one it has 120 HP, which isn't bad but with a 2x weakness to water it would probably be 1HKO by a lot by water decks. Magmortor Lv.X has 130 HP but there's a big difference between having to deal 60 damage to 1HKO something and doing 70 damage to 1HKO.

Also DP5 seems to have a lot of powerful water types. Reading over the translations it seems to me at least that water types got the biggest boost in terms of playability.

Overall though I am extremely excited to see these cards over here in America. It won't be for awhile but it looks like next years format should see a lot more variety then this years format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back