Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Player Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it may seem awesome from the outside, but this job is just as frustrating as any other job, even when I'm in some place cool like Hawaii or Germany (EuroCup 07, you heard it here first!). However, I'm not complaining about having the company pay to fly me around the world. I guess, in retrospect, I gladly give up 15 POP packs for that.

DOES IT

Thats adorable, and your concern is noted

Im sure that at least 70% of this BOARD is our Peers.

Again, how is a kid gonna know what shadow said is? ONLY the parent would know that word, if the kid isn't going around calling his friends and his parents that, there is NO problem what-so-ever.

God knows i can't be right about this, I'm just an overemotional teenager =D

YAY FOR PREJUDICE!

SD PokéMom said:
The PROBLEM is the reputation the 'gym would get from allowing that kind of post; such language may be acceptable to you and your peers, but it is NOT acceptable to parents and League Leaders.

I for one am not going to recommend ANY Pokémon site to my League families that isn't family-friendly...and I'd guess other LLs feel the same.

'mom

As a League Leader and a Mother, I second this! And thanks to Mom for the Edit. When I saw the original post it made me sick to my stomach!

Last edited:
Tommy's Back said:
Ok first off

1 Im well aware it was the first you ever heard of it
2 So? They disagree with you because you make stupid decisions that a lot of people dislike its obvious that only suck-ups are the ones agreeing with you, When unintiellgence becomes leadership, rebellion becomes duty.
3 So? he was there for 2 years, see the statement above, when he felt that what you did or have done was wrong he spoke his mind and true feelings, if anything, he should be glorified for speaking his mind.
4 If i got banned for some reason that would involve twisting my words, i wouldn't be too depressed, its not like im gonna miss anything, just a bunch of n00bs posting junk decks or tearing apart actually good decks, Oops, methinks i said too much.

In all honesty i expected to get *Click'd* much much much sooner, i guess you all LIKE an intelligent debate erm, at least one side anyway.

Tom

I remember when I was about your age (really not all that long ago). I thought along the same lines that you appear to be thinking now. Authority figures were stupid, and I knew how to solve all of the world’s problems. It all seemed so simple; why couldn't they see things the same way that I did?!? I lashed out with my words and my actions to fight the man. I was a teenager at the height of grunge, and my music reflected my attitude toward the world (Jeremy spoke in class today...). I managed to avoid ever getting brought home by the police, but frequently found myself at odds with authority figures.

But something happened as I got older. I started to see the bigger picture. There's was bigger world out there than I ever understood. The more I experienced life, the more I realized that my youthful naivety occasionally (well, maybe more often than that) caused my feelings to be misplaced. That compromises must be made for the sake of progress. That there were people with more authority than me who did what they felt was right, regardless of whether I agreed or not. In my younger days I would have seen myself as a sell-out, but I realized that it was a false label.

Speaking your mind should be encouraged. Questioning authority should be encouraged. At the same time, you must understand that decisions will be made that you will not understand or agree with, but are necessary to accomplish a goal. You're certainly welcome to speak your mind, but you should try to do so in a civil, well thought out manner. Doing otherwise just makes those you're speaking to more prone to ignore your comments as teen angst, irrational ranting, etc. Honestly, Matt Moss is one of my favorite dissenting voices on these boards. He often disagrees with the direction that we're moving the program, and provides well thought out, well articulated arguments against our changes. I may not always care for his antics, but I respect his opinions.

The "suck-ups" are the ones that have engaged in rational debate with us. They are the ones that have taken the time and effort to get to know the people in charge of POP, and to realize that we are doing what we feel is in the best interest of the game. Some of them have more information than you do, due to their roles in the program (PTO, Professor, etc.), and some have just as much information as you. They don't always agree with us (and they make it known), but they understand us.

It's likely that you'll interpret this as a condescending post, though it's not intended to be. I do have some idea where you're coming from, and what you're trying to accomplish, but you're really not going about it the right way.

M_Liesik said:
Oh, it may seem awesome from the outside, but this job is just as frustrating as any other job, even when I'm in some place cool like Hawaii or Germany (EuroCup 07, you heard it here first!). However, I'm not complaining about having the company pay to fly me around the world. I guess, in retrospect, I gladly give up 15 POP packs for that. :wink:

Hey, Mike, how about I trade you my 15 POP Packs, and I get the trips around the world... :biggrin:
:lol:

I got 13 Packs Today 6 POP 4/7 POP 3

Opened My POP 4,

Sceptile and 2 PKMN Fan Clubs, and I didnt open my P3 yet,
Drew

Omg

THAT is a truly amazing post

Finally someone understands and reads my posts without completely ignoring me and labeling me as a "Threat to the Preservation of Society" the way that it seems most people on Gym do.

I have gained SO much respect for you in that post it would amaze you, I do not think it was condescending at all, in fact, I think we're on the same level now.

Although nonetheless, being told that my words are essentially heresay by mods is truly an annoying gesture.

As for you Mike, I respect you now

Tom

homeofmew said:
example please?

other that what "constitutes a long time ban" thread in which
I did post in however I just said it was none of my business,
but that 50-100 years is a long ban.
SD POKEMOM if you go back and read MY posts in that thread I NEVER talked about MY BAN
AT ALL.
Actually, I disagree. I don't have any examples, nor do I care enough to go looking, but I know myself all that I associate you with is posts about being banned - not complaining - but bringing it up consistently.

Kind of like I associate benlugia with spoilers, bangras with translations, or TheDarkTwins with Japanese products. I associate you with talking about your ban.

M_Liesik - Worlds 07 in Germany? Was that official? Did I just read it wrong?

Tommy - Can you stop and think for a second about what you are saying? Try and pretend you have a soul and you care about others. This is supposed to be a place for Pokemon players to enjoy. Letting people say inappropriate stuff like that restricts those that can enjoy the site. So what if it doesn't affect you, but one of the things that sets people apart from lower animals is that we have concern for others. Maybe you got left out of that evolutionary jump.

I think this is the first time I've agreed with PokeMom on anything. Hmmmm.

In thread related news - I got my rewards today, I personally doubt there will be anything good so I'm gonna let a friend of mine open them because she likes opening packs haha.

ShawofMordor said:
M_Liesik - Worlds 07 in Germany? Was that official? Did I just read it wrong?

Actually, I beleive I said "EuroCup," which is my very lazy way of saying European Professor Cup. :wink:

Originally Posted by M_Liesik

The "suck-ups" are the ones that have engaged in rational debate with us. They are the ones that have taken the time and effort to get to know the people in charge of POP, and to realize that we are doing what we feel is in the best interest of the game. Some of them have more information than you do, due to their roles in the program (PTO, Professor, etc.), and some have just as much information as you. They don't always agree with us (and they make it known), but they understand us.

Not sure I agree with Mike on the "suck-ups" thing...never was one to think of myself as a suck up, except in 3rd or 4th grade...anyway, I personally feel that even though POP sets out certain plans for how the tournament season will be structured or run for the year, they are done for the good of the game. Now I don't agree with everything and there is a number of things, but I'm not one to go into a huge uproar...unless that is, it really has an impact to me or pokemon community as a whole.

CMT

1 Pretending my friend, is still nonetheless, Pretending.
2 Its adorable for you to say its a place for pokemon players to enjoy, again saying that if the kid does NOT know what it means there is NO damage, repeating what i said before, its not the kids loss, he's not missing out on much.
3 As for the hilarious evolution thing, there IS no distinguishable difference between man and beast except for the fact that we have baseball caps and automatic machine guns.
4 This is also obviously the first time you lost your layer of common sense and reason.

Im tired, im gonna go to bed, it was fun butting heads tho, we should do this more often, gets the "Teen Angst" out

Tom

Quick question i participated in a state championship, a gym challenge, and a crystal guardians prerealease and i have yet to recieve anything for those events, but whats strange is i did get something today but all it was, was a pop 4 booster can somebody tell me why i didnt get any bossters for the events i participated in?

How has this not been locked?

Tommy: I could post, but I'd write pretty much the same thing Mike said in his long post. (Guess I'm a suck up now. But Mike has given me the title "Big Troublemaker" for some reason...)

Anyway, as Mike points out, disagree with everyone all you want, but keep it respectful. No one has ever gotten banned from this board for disagreeing. It's always been for the way that they have disagreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back