Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007-11-09 Roseanne's Research - SW 125/132

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

This card is going to be used in almost every deck. Unless your deck runs a tremendous amount of basics, this card is almost always better than Holon Mentor.

9/10

I can see 4 of this being in alot of decks. 90% of the time this is better than mentor, usually you don't really need 3 basics at a time, and having the option to seach for energy instead is amazing.

9.5/10

setup decks (or even decks with baby poke) will still prefer mentor more (or maybe not because pachirisu's gonna come), and decks like blisseys (solo) will love this card for sure.

9/10

I love this card with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. There are NO flaws to it. Basics and energy make this one of the most perfect set up cards. Three of these with maybe a Mentor would help any deck set up a bench efficiently and quickly.

9.5/10

Holon Mentor

I personally think holon mentor is better because it gets you 3 basics and roseanne's gets u only 2. Plus if you only have one basic left and he's gonna be knocked out you want some time to stall. :cool:

With many people still playing Castaway in decks, Roseanne loses some luster for heavy play! She will make it into about half of the decks out there, as it is a good alternative to Mentor.. but don't knock the old fella, he it goin' nowhere! :thumb: I believe we will see her show that pretty face during the early part of City Championships, but the ability of 3 over 2 and the amount of discard style decks still going strong, she needs to find her niche! Not to mention, there is a Reason the Old guy is at the Critical Machine in the Background and she is pondering.. he knows how it works, she is still learning!

7.5/10

I think it's more of a "Holon Mentor is a good alternative to Roseanne's Research" situation, not the other way around. Roseanne's Research has a lot of utility that Mentor could only match if the Holon Engine was still around. This card is like the unholy fusion of Pokemon Fan Club and Mr. Stone's Project.

This card is one of the better supporters released recently. It will rarely if ever be useless in a deck (no basics or basic energy left in the deck) and can be paired with Night Maintenence incredibly well. Comparing this to Holon Mentor is expected, but this is not a replacement for every deck. Holon Mentor has a discard side effect, which helps some decks and hurts others. The decks that are helped by Holon Mentor and the discard it causes will continue to use Mentor the rest will probably make more use of this card. I basically look at this card as a much better Mr. Stone's Project rather than a replacement for Mentor.

9/10

yeah I can see this working well with alot of decks. When you remember that you do have to discard a card with mentor and not with this, although your getting 1 less basic, you don't always need 3 basics. AND if you are getting two basic energies, thats a great bargain!:thumb:

9.5/10

An amazing card, but i think holon mentor is better.
3>2. That simple. So what if you have to discard! 3 basics is worth it! But the option to get energy...godly!
8/10 in some decks, 9.5/10 in others.

Roseanne's Research is easily one of the best supporters to come out in a while. It is based off the old Team Magma/Aqua Conspirator (without the team restriction). It is extremely versetile in that you can choose to grab 2 Basics, 2 Basic Energies, or a 1-1 combination of each. The ability to search out Basic Pokemon alone is a great reason to play this, and the option of substituting Basic Energy in place of a Basic Pokemon is awesome. This'll be the forseeable replacement (for now) for Holon's Mentor as well, so make sure you grab some soon!

Modified - 9/10 (Extremely versatile and can be used in almost any deck)
Limited - 10/10 (Godly here, being able to get Basic Pokemon and Energy to your hand).
Unlimited - 2/10 (Better options here)

This is one of the best Trainer cards ever printed, and possibly the best Supporter. It's infinitely useful, and it's ONE CARD that solves both of the two most common "lack of consistency" problems seen in this game since Base Set: lack of Energy and lack of Basics on the bench. It even gives you the coice to ignore one of the two, and pick 2 of the other! Castaway and Mentor were awesome because they could grab several different kinds of key cards (Mentor could do Energy in form of Holon dudes, and basics, while Castaway can do Tools, Supporters and Basic Energies), but this card is superior because it, without any drawbacks, gets you a BASIC Energy (which is arguably better than a Special Energy most of the time) and a Basic Pokémon.

Enough rambling, I don't need to justify my 10/10 any more.

I think this card is going to see play, but like most of you think this card is not going to replace holon mentor in any way. Early game this card can be good for seting up pokémons later in game you gonna need some energy so you wanna play it for the energy. I think lots of decks going to have a combo whit this card and mentor. As mentor is still out MENTOR and roasanna is just learing the basics.

If only it took 3 cards. Since it doesn't, Mentor still has a place in competitive play.
9/10

One of the best (and yet still balanced) supporters Nintendo has ever made.

I really like this card. Its a mentor stone lol.
Either way it should see alot of play.

Mod, 9.5/10 (Plays great in any deck.)

Limited 10/10 (Just awesome to pull)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back