Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

All Silvestro Final - Tampa , FL CC report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Well , title says it all. My record in FL CCs moves to ( In Order) 1st , 2nd , 1st , 1st .

Round 1: Random with Random.dec

Yeah.... Swampert random.dec. Pretty easy game

1-0

Round 2: Miranda Craig with Bandoom.

T2 win

2-0

Round 3 vs Carson Roll

We both get pretty good sets , He throws crazy tails , GG

3-0

Round 4 vs ??? (Dusclops EX)

Yeah.................. :rolleyes:

4-0

Round 5 vs John S with "The Bug"(Mirror)

We both get set good , he ends with 2 Eevees prized. GG

5-0

Top Cut looked like this:

1st) Me
2nd) My dad ( John S.)
3rd) Heidi Craig(Bandoom)
4th) Round 1 Random.dec

Top cut:

Game 1:

This is an easy game. I love Low HP EXs or even swampert for that matter.

1-0

Game 2:

Please read game 1.

2-0

-------
6-0

Top 2 Vs My dad.

Game 1:

We both get set I win

1-0

Game 2:

We both get set he wins

1-1

Game 3:

I Draw my opening hand And proceed to get T2d. He shakes my hand and gives me the win.

2-1 , Technicially 1-2

----------
7-0

Props:
My dad
The Bug
1st , 2nd ,1st , 1st
1834 + 7-0

Slops:
Huge slops here. After Deckcheck my decklist was left on the table for a few minutes for the WHOLE ****ING WORLD to see.

Great day Steve- how it should be :)

And , yeah, the "deck list " thing was an absolute coniption!!!! WTF Sean! PTO'S should NEVER leave 2 players deck lists out on a playing table for the world to see!!! ( not mine anyways- Steve and i put WAY too many hours tweaking our lists through hard playtesting to have them handed out to the people trying to beat us every week ). SOUR GRAPES!!

Nothing personal Sean , but that really wasn't cool imho.

But it's ok - waliken said he really didn't look at them ( sure you didn't / notes sarcasm) - he said only penguinmaster and pokemart ( the malecs) were reading them when Squirtle grabbed them , gave them to sean and - again - said wtf!!!

Funny, as there is not ONE DAMN deck list from ANY player in Florida i would read ( or even want to read)- and i certainly wouldn't read one left on a table while the head judge deals with a crisis.

I guess nothing is sacred............

And ALWAYS remember this guys- it's the singer, NOT the song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The force is STRONG in you, you have mastered the Dark Side............
WTG guys. You know I love it! I'm gonna pour me a little MM and celebrate!
Rocketman!

Last edited:
That's just a shame. The first thing anyone should have done in that situation was to give it to the staff and not give a ten minute group discussion of the private contents of another's deck. Heck, don't even pick up something that isn't yours to begin with.

Daaaaamn, girl. You be up in Pablo's grill. GJ Steve and John. Are you gonna try something new for the next cc, or just pwn again with Bug? :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the decklist problem. I hope it won't be an issue next time.

Last edited:
If someone picks up a decklist that is folded up, and they know it doesn't belong to them??????????
Wow, I think I'd want to DQ them and report this to PUI. Heck, I get reported to PUI for MUCH less!! :lol:

The talking pinata says: Be kind.... and flip unbelieveable amounts of heads while putting the silvestro curse on your opponent. (7 tails in a row!)

Fun day, good job steve.

yesterday was fun though, going 3-2 with a rogueish deck isn't too bad. it'll only get better... unless i continue to get t4 ray*'d.

Sorry your list got left on the table John, but please don't quote me as saying something I didn't say. I said that I did not look at your list and I'm glad that you believe me(note sarcasm). I said nothing about Jim and Bobby whatsoever. Anyways, gj steve.

1) Please don't use Bobby's last name on the Gym - you know the rules, John - identifying a minor's last name is against the rules.

2) John, I'm really disapointed in you. Last week in Ft. Myers we spoke, and you assured me that you were not in anyway involved in the witch-hunt on the Malecs. Your words, if I recall, were, "We're cool." Well, apparently we're not, since:

a) you lied about what Aaron said.
b) you're accusing Bobby and I of doing something we clearly didn't do (hmmm....Bobby didn't even know the list was sitting there, and I wasn't even anywhere near there where this was happening, nor did I know anything about it).

Furthermore, I'm not sure why we'd even want to look at your Flariados list. We know exactly what's in your list anyway, its not like its some great mystery.

In the last two tournaments, Bobby has been accused (by Heidi and Phil) of cheating; EVEN THOUGH there is NO evidence to assume that's true. In both cases, his opponent (one of whom was Heidi's son!) has said that he WAS NOT cheating - in fact, the last time, his opponent wouldn't even draw the prize penalty (Which Bobby was given without even a caution or a warning - even though Heidi and Phil were supposedly doing active judging AND Phil was supposedly "watching Bobby for a number of turns").

Now, once again, he is (along with me) being accused of doing something that there's no reason to think that we did (other than because the people doing the accusing are spitful).

Listen, I'm sorry you are all so upset about what you "think" happened in Tampa; but this is getting rediculous and it's beginning to feel like harrasment.

We DON'T CHEAT. Anyone who knows my family knows that were the most ANTI-CHEATING people in the game.

In addittion to all this:
I stand by the Currys. I don't think they are cheating or conspiring against anyone. And the same goes for Sean. But you know what?

WE ARE NOT THE CURRYS. We are a completley different set of people; John didn't like it when I implied he was a part of the witch-hunt - he said "well, Heidi's my friend, but I have nothing to do with any of that." He didn't want to be guilty by association. I would ask for the same consideration.

Now, let's talk about deck lists. Deck lists are public information, as far as I know. But if you're not going to take anyone's word that we didn't read it, I don't think it's fair to expect the rest of the player base to take Heidi's word that she's not going to share OUR decklists with whomever she feels like. I mean, aren't we just supposed to believe that she's not letting YOU see those? Because let's face it, it sure would be an advantage to anyone who got to see what every player in Florida had played for the entire season.

So it looks to me like John wants a double standard; we are supposed to believe people jsut because; but when it comes to those people believing us, things are different.

Now, about accusing ME of doing things I haven't done; I would appreciate it if you wouldn't besmirch my name in front of the enitire community when you have no EVIDENCE of ANYTHING every happening which was in ANY WAY inappropriote. My living depends on my ability to sell Pokemon cards to the community.

As far as Bobby; there sure are a lot of people who seem to want to make life difficult for a 14 year old kid.

But you know what? No matter how hard life in Florida Pokemon gets, we're not going away. We're not going to quit. We're going to keep playing as long as OP exists; yes, forever. We'll be at almost every event, with our big ole' smiling faces.

Run a finger print test on your decklists. We could forensically prove that we haven't touched your lists. Would that make you happy? Maybe I can throw in a free sample of my DNA.

Oh yeah and don't forget we have our OWN flariados list, which has also won a city (Randy Curry, Clermont, FL). He's made top cut a number of times with it. So I don't think any of us particularly want your list. Sorry if that's a shocker for you.

And besides, you've played it enough that we could make a pretty good guess at it anyway.

Last edited:
PenguinMaster said:
Run a finger print test on your decklists. We could forensically prove that we haven't touched your lists. Would that make you happy? Maybe I can throw in a free sample of my DNA.

Yeah, I mean, a fingerprint test couldn't possibly cost that much.

Congrats on the win, Steve. Sorry about the deck issues, but I hope everything's ok with that. Anyways, good luck and hopefully your rank gets you to Worlds. Tell your dad I wish him luck too.

Peter

GJ Steve and John on the card playing! I dunno what happened with the deck lists, but the playing public shouldnt see a deck list as it is going thru a dec check. Done enough of those in my day to know better than to let others around when deck checking. JMO.

Keith

Ok , I go to work for a day and come back to this... Let's see where to start...

Aaron:

When we were in line for the restroom you specificially said that you didn't look at my list , it was all the Malecs. Now if you are going to say something like that don't then at a later date try and deny it. Btw , not a terrible showing yourself. Good Job on not busting out in tears when you lost to Heidi. We are all very proud at the fact that it's been almost a whole year since you've cried at an event!!It's not easy missing cut so often!!

Jim :

Hmm.. Since your post is longer than my report this will take some time.

1) Jim , he in no way identified Bobby. He never used his first name. HE stated his and your S/Ns and said "Malecs" (Identifying you) That is not a rule breaker. If anything YOU filled in the gaps and broke the rules yourself.So before you try and play that game make sure you don't break any rules yourself whilst doing it... Kthanks

2) According to my dad you guys were fine last week. We are upset over the decklist being left at the table and players looking at it.
2a)Lying about what Aaron said? He said it in the line for the restroom. Heidi was there. But it doesn't matter because she is just a liar on a witch hunt right?
2b)Wow jim , I never saw him accuse you or Bobby of anything. He simply put what Aaron said. If you think he was accusing you maybe you have a guilty conscience? Nothing a few Hail Marys at confession won't help.

I highly doubt you could name my list card for card unless you had seen it. If you could name my list ... Man , you should really win more than you do.

The last two tournaments , I dont know about all of the situations. I do know in Ft Meyers that Bobby was "Flicking his deck". How? I was sitting a table away and could hear it ( I often do it to my discard pile or hand). Was it high enough to see the cards? I don't know. But its hard to expect a worlds calibur JUDGE like Phill to make it up.

I am not going to talk for Jim Roll , but he NEVER pursues penalties on anyone. He is just there to have a good time with his KIDS. Going into it with Bobby would not have let him have a good time.

Hmm.. Decklists are NOT public information unless made so by the player or another player is able to recreate card for card and release it.

Jim Malec AKA Pokemart said:
Now, let's talk about deck lists. Deck lists are public information, as far as I know. But if you're not going to take anyone's word that we didn't read it, I don't think it's fair to expect the rest of the player base to take Heidi's word that she's not going to share OUR decklists with whomever she feels like. I mean, aren't we just supposed to believe that she's not letting YOU see those? Because let's face it, it sure would be an advantage to anyone who got to see what every player in Florida had played for the entire season.

The only thing I have even bothered quoting. Dude props.. You must have such a set...
Man , you have such a screw loose. Think about what you just did? You accused HEIDI CRAIG of giving out decklists to players... Who the **** are you? Jim ******** Malec? GG sir. Heidi and I don't always see Eye to Eye. What does it do? It truly shows how UNBIASED she is. **** I got like 13 warnings last year. and one this year.She's really biased... Yeah right.... Man.... Quoted for truth..

Squirtle said:
Dude props.. You must have such a set...

Double Standard....? Wow... You have a bigger set than I thought.

Again accusing you...? Please read 2b)

PokeMart said:
As far as Bobby; there sure are a lot of people who seem to want to make life difficult for a 14 year old kid.

Jim you may not see it. Last year at Nationals he did one of the best accomplishments capable in Pokemon TCG. Here we are... The simple act of being accused of CHEATING by 2 different people has tainted that accomplishment and has the potential to taint EVERYTHING he does from now on. You know what , it really sucks...This is why I take every precaution to AVOID being accused.

Jim , I am not some teenage kid who will be Bullied.

Try and Deny the fact that I was saw you guys at the table. Walked up noticed you guys had both of our lists. Took them , Gave a glare and walked out.

And I would put it on my grandparents grave that Aaron said that in the bathroom line.

Maybe you guys should take some responsibility for once and own up to it. Or yet , DENY DENY DENY. Thats a good manly Influence on your brother.

Believe it or not. Aaron said it. Nice to know what the people you have aligned yourself with and chosen your enemies with will do for you.

Bobby:
Heh , I don't see why you feel the need to make a smart *** comment but freedom of speech FTW! While we are on the conversation of DNA... I dont want yours... There is enough DNA gone bad in this state. No need to add more bad DNA to the mix....

Anthony:
Anyone who says it's just a game shouldn't really be playing at all.

Peter:
Thanks

Kieth:

Thanks man. Look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

*Note , there were no swears used in my report. What people put in place of any asterisks in my post is their own business.

Last edited:
PokéMart said:
1) Please don't use Bobby's last name on the Gym - you know the rules, John - identifying a minor's last name is against the rules.

2) John, I'm really disapointed in you. Last week in Ft. Myers we spoke, and you assured me that you were not in anyway involved in the witch-hunt on the Malecs. Your words, if I recall, were, "We're cool." Well, apparently we're not, since:

a) you lied about what Aaron said.
b) you're accusing Bobby and I of doing something we clearly didn't do (hmmm....Bobby didn't even know the list was sitting there, and I wasn't even anywhere near there where this was happening, nor did I know anything about it).

Furthermore, I'm not sure why we'd even want to look at your Flariados list. We know exactly what's in your list anyway, its not like its some great mystery.

In the last two tournaments, Bobby has been accused (by Heidi and Phil) of cheating; EVEN THOUGH there is NO evidence to assume that's true. In both cases, his opponent (one of whom was Heidi's son!) has said that he WAS NOT cheating - in fact, the last time, his opponent wouldn't even draw the prize penalty (Which Bobby was given without even a caution or a warning - even though Heidi and Phil were supposedly doing active judging AND Phil was supposedly "watching Bobby for a number of turns").

Now, once again, he is (along with me) being accused of doing something that there's no reason to think that we did (other than because the people doing the accusing are spitful).

Listen, I'm sorry you are all so upset about what you "think" happened in Tampa; but this is getting rediculous and it's beginning to feel like harrasment.

We DON'T CHEAT. Anyone who knows my family knows that were the most ANTI-CHEATING people in the game.

In addittion to all this:
I stand by the Currys. I don't think they are cheating or conspiring against anyone. And the same goes for Sean. But you know what?

WE ARE NOT THE CURRYS. We are a completley different set of people; John didn't like it when I implied he was a part of the witch-hunt - he said "well, Heidi's my friend, but I have nothing to do with any of that." He didn't want to be guilty by association. I would ask for the same consideration.

So it looks to me like John wants a double standard; we are supposed to believe people jsut because; but when it comes to those people believing us, things are different.

Now, about accusing ME of doing things I haven't done; I would appreciate it if you wouldn't besmirch my name in front of the enitire community when you have no EVIDENCE of ANYTHING every happening which was in ANY WAY inappropriote. My living depends on my ability to sell Pokemon cards to the community.

But you know what? No matter how hard life in Florida Pokemon gets, we're not going away. We're not going to quit. We're going to keep playing as long as OP exists; yes, forever. We'll be at almost every event, with our big ole' smiling faces.

Jim,
I find all of this hard to believe. About a year ago I think when you moved from Florida you couldn't say enough good things about this state on the boards go read your old posts. You come back and suddenly all is wrong in the world. I have no clue what happened to change everything since you refuse to speak to me about any of this and will email everybody and their brother about it.

Ever since things went down in Tampa last year there has been a problem unlike you, I refuse to make this a public matter because I have more integrity than that.

I could put information on the public forum that would greatly change the claims your making but I am above that say what you want but there isn't any truth in it. I work hard to make this game good in this state despite what you think. ( 72 pages of it plus a really good recording)

It isn't personal when I do things it's just running a game, looking at the situation and doing the best I can with the information. I penalize many people at events and if your family is such under attack funny how it doesn't appear on my penalty sheets much.

Who are you to make such claims about deck lists you want the truth I'll give it to you. Nobody not even my kids see those lists. That would be wrong in so many ways. I have a value system and stick by it believe or not, I could care.

What's your goal here, one can only wonder? Because your throwing around all kinds of information and accusations on a public place. But if I choose to post what I know it would be attacking your family as if your not going after me in a way that I can do nothing about, let me rephrase choose not to take it out in public, you have shown your true colors.
Heidi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back