Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AMU vs: Machamp SF

Origins

Thats right, its AMU vs: Machamp SF, and I want you guys to tell me WHICH ONE WOULD WIN in the match-up??? :confused:

Machamp LV.62 – Fighting – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Machoke

[F] Drop: 40
If the Defending Pokemon isn’t an Evolved Pokemon, instead of doing damage, this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokemon.

[C][C] Hurricane Punch: Flip 4 coins, this attack does 30 damage x the number of heads.

[F][F][C][C] Rage:
Does 60 damage + an additional 10 damage for each damage counter on Machamp.

Weakness: Psychic (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

I honestly don't have a clue *scratches self on head*

~~~

Last edited:
yeah, AMU is a lot quicker, and can do damage sooner. Plus machamps weakness is :psychic:, which kind of makes it an autoloss, uless you got a rare candy and an energy on the first turn...

If you donk them, yeah you eat them for Brekfast, but almost any AMU player can beat a Machamp, it's really not that good of a deck. It's like Gardevoir Lv.X, people saw the words "Knocked Out" and went crazy, when in reality Gardevoir was a better card (Which for the record I think Machamp Lv.X is a better card)

I used to think Machamp would be the card to take down the big bad powerful AMU deck. Boy was I wrong. It turns out Machamp really isn't that great against AMU at all, and AMU itself really isn't that powerful of a deck that I need to play a direct counter to it.

Go figure.

1. AMU does NOT play Lake Boundary! This is becuase there so focused on using either Snowpoint Temple or Misma Valley, or a combo of both

2. AMU probley dosn't run Unown {G}. Why would it other then the fact of facing Machamp?

If it has a starter (like Jirachi with resistance) alls I need is two or three turns to get a cycle going. Machamp kills. Then they kill Machamp (maybe). Then I send out another one and kill. Then this cycle keeps repeating, but honestly, its too hard for them to OHKO him without LB, or some damage before to KO him. I'm sorry but I can't agree. But I'm not saying it beats it, I'm just saying its a mere 50-50 match-up.

And who says they play Groudon with him? I saw someone else using Regirock + Stark Mountain + Jirachi starter + Mightyena (with Multi) and Claydol of course.

~~~

I would say, Machamp would have the favorable matchup, but I dunno.
With Regi+Stark it should be a beast regardless

I think they meant that Machamp eats Groudonk as well....

Machamp is pretty much a beast vs any AMU list. Palkia, Mightyena, Straight, it has a highly favorable matchup because of OHKO's all over the place.

Yes, but it does. I see that some people here are starting to believe me now. Personally, I don't like either Machamp or AMU as much as other decks, but I still like to give some cards credit that they deserve.

And to the person asking if this was a joke thread, its not, so don't post stuff like that here :rolleyes:

~~~

+40 weakness... +60 dmg from body... zen blade OHKOs... Uxie is basic therefore faster.... its wins against LVX
your stage 2, im basic, i hit for 230, you only have 130... you're dead

-have a nice day-

I love how everyone assumes AMU is faster just because it's basics.
This. Is. Not. True.
A Machamp can come out of NOWHERE at ANY point. Drop a machop, candy, machamp, attach, OHKO. The key here, too, is that Machamp takes ONE energy.
And to people referring to the LvX's body... you have absolutely NO reason to drop the LvX in the AMU matchup. Ever. Unless they've decided to play a tech Unown G, which, if the pessimism on this board means anything, they won't. And then it's just a matter of leveling up and getting a single heads on Hurricane Punch. You knock the LvX out? Darn. Guess I'll just bring up another champ and OHKO you right back for one, now that your Unown G is gone.
Or you can bypass Unown G by playing a 101 Metagross line. Metagross in anything tends to give the average AMU problems.

I really have yet to see an argument for AMU's side that isn't terribly flawed.

I love how everyone assumes AMU is faster just because it's basics.
This. Is. Not. True.
A Machamp can come out of NOWHERE at ANY point. Drop a machop, candy, machamp, attach, OHKO. The key here, too, is that Machamp takes ONE energy.
And to people referring to the LvX's body... you have absolutely NO reason to drop the LvX in the AMU matchup. Ever. Unless they've decided to play a tech Unown G, which, if the pessimism on this board means anything, they won't. And then it's just a matter of leveling up and getting a single heads on Hurricane Punch. You knock the LvX out? Darn. Guess I'll just bring up another champ and OHKO you right back for one, now that your Unown G is gone.
Or you can bypass Unown G by playing a 101 Metagross line. Metagross in anything tends to give the average AMU problems.

I really have yet to see an argument for AMU's side that isn't terribly flawed.

how about that it is overall better? i can outspeed a champ, champ can comeout of nowhere, it could donk, but overall AMU will just work better. its far more consistant, easier to get stuff out (its just basics and lvx's, no candies here).
also AMU can match every other deck in the format, matchamp will just get stomped by other stuff... no good.

how about that it is overall better? i can outspeed a champ, champ can comeout of nowhere, it could donk, but overall AMU will just work better. its far more consistant, easier to get stuff out (its just basics and lvx's, no candies here).
also AMU can match every other deck in the format, matchamp will just get stomped by other stuff... no good.

You keep saying you outspeed champ, but there's really no concrete proof of this.
AMU's claim is that it can get set up t2-3 consistently.
I'd say that in practice it does this about 50-60% of the time.
Machamp can get out just as quickly (you don't even NEED candy to get set up quickly) - stage 2 decks have always tended to be slower than basic/stage 1 decks, but this is primarily due to energy costs. Machamp's attack costs less than Mesprit's.

And I still laugh at people who say a deck can beat most decks in the format when the format doesn't even exist yet.

4 words:

WHO PLAYS UNOWN G?

You can't diss a deck on just theoretical possibilities, I don't know of any AMU players who play Unown G.

4 words:

WHO PLAYS UNOWN G?

You can't diss a deck on just theoretical possibilities, I don't know of any AMU players who play Unown G.

The theory here is that every AMU deck will tech one in when Machamp comes out.
Personally, I believe that this theory is incorrect, simply because of all these people in this thread that think AMU beats Machamp anyways. Also, there's the idea that if threads like this can scare all the Machamp players off, there'll be no need for Unown G.
So, theoretically, AMU will play Unown G. Realistically, on average, it won't.

Well if you know there is a posiblity that machamp is in your format why not play a tech G or 2. It's the only way to win your matchup. Right now there is no reason to play G but we are all saying G wins this matchup and that is the truth. Lets also not forget that amu is quicker. I remember not so long ago everyone was saying how kingdra won't do so good because it will never get the T2 donk, well thats what everyone is saying here. Lets also not forget that amu can easily ruin their set up so you can't get champ out. AMU can kill your machop T2. It's not really easy but with G it turns it from a 45-55 champ to like 65/60-35/40.

Back