Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Any cards that stop a Pokemon attack that circumvents effects?

handsomep

Are there any stadiums, tools, or Pokemon abilities that negate attacks that bypass effects/abilities such as Mew VMAX's Max Miracle (This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon)? Excluding Pokemon attacks of course, I realize there are attacks such as Morpeko's [RCL] Torment etc. that can deny attacks.

For example, if my active Pokemon is Xurkitree GX with the Flashing Head ability (Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent’s Pokémon that have any Special Energy attached to them) and Mew VMAX has a special energy attached, is there any card that will stop it from landing Max Miracle?

Nope. That's the whole point of attacks that ignore effects. They can't be stopped by effects.
As you note, things that prevent an attack from even being performed will stop it.

Are there any stadiums, tools, or Pokemon abilities that negate attacks that bypass effects/abilities such as Mew VMAX's Max Miracle (This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon)? Excluding mewtwo pokemon card worth, I realize there are attacks such as Morpeko's [RCL] Torment etc. that can deny attacks.

For example, if my active Pokemon is Xurkitree GX with the Flashing Head ability (Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent’s Pokémon that have any Special Energy attached to them) and Mew VMAX has a special energy attached, is there any card that will stop it from landing Max Miracle?
What do you mean by "attack effects"? Like something that prevents you from wasting energy when you normally would? or protect yourself from harm? You can't place damage counters? or makes you not poison when you normally would?

Last edited:
What do you mean by "attack effects"? Like something that prevents you from wasting energy when you normally would? or protect yourself from harm? You can't place damage counters? or makes you not poison when you normally would?
He's referring to effects like "reduce damage done to this Pokemon by your Opponent's attacking Pokemon by XX damage" or "This Pokemon can't be damaged by a Pokemon-V".

Are there any stadiums, tools, or Pokemon abilities that negate attacks that bypass effects/abilities such as Mew VMAX's Max Miracle (This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokémon)? Excluding Pokemon attacks of course, I realize there are attacks such as Morpeko's [RCL] Torment etc. that can deny attacks.

For example, if my active Pokemon is Xurkitree GX with the Flashing Head ability (Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent’s Pokémon that have any Special Energy attached to them) and Mew VMAX has a special energy attached, is there any volcanion ex card that will stop it from landing Max Miracle?
For just one turn, a metal core barrier lowers damage by 70%. The Pokemon Melmetal GX may have an ability that reduces all damage by 30%. In the form of Lucardio, all tag team damage is reduced by 20. That was all I could come up with.

Last edited:
Back