Grass Energy x2
Water Energy x2
Lightning Energy x2
Steel Energy x2
Dark Energy x2
DCE x2
(20 Energy)

Strategy:
Use trainers such as Pokemon Collector, Duel Ball, and Beginning Door to get 6 different Arceus out to use Ripple Swell. Have out Ultimate Zone so I can use Omniscient Arceus's attack (use the attack of any Arceus in play provided you have the proper energy). Use weaknesses to my advantage, since I have practically every type in play.

As of right now, I don't have all the necessary cards to make this exactly how I want. For example, I'd definitely have more than one Ripple Swell Arceus and Omniscient Arceus.

I've practiced with this deck for a few days now, and I've realized that it has WAY too many energies. Each Arceus attack only needs one specific color energy + one or two colorless. So basically (assuming I have Ultimate Zone in play) the minimum amount of energy I need is one rainbow and one double colorless! However, I want at least one of each basic energy for emergencies, like if I don't manage to get Ultimate Zone out.

If anyone could give me some advice on how many energies to use and what I should add in place of the ones I take out, that would be great.

Psychic Arceus x3
Grass Arceus x2
Dark Arceus x1
Lightning Arceus x1
Steel Arceus x2
Ripple Swell Normal Arceus x1
Fire Arceus x1
Water Arceus x1
Omniscient Arceus Lv X x1
Psychic Bolt Arceus Lv X x1
(14 Pokemon)

Beginning Door x4
Ultimate Zone x4
Interviewer's Questions x2
Dual Ball x2
Moomoo Milk x2
Energy Search x1
Pokemon Communication x2
Cynthia's Guidance x1
Energy Restore x1
Pokemon Collector x2
Expert Belt x3
Fisherman x2
(26 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums)

Rainbow Energy x4
Fire Energy x2
Psychic Energy x2
Grass Energy x2
Water Energy x2
Lightning Energy x2
Steel Energy x2
Dark Energy x2
DCE x2
(20 Energy)

Strategy:
Use trainers such as Pokemon Collector, Duel Ball, and Beginning Door to get 6 different Arceus out to use Ripple Swell. Have out Ultimate Zone so I can use Omniscient Arceus's attack (use the attack of any Arceus in play provided you have the proper energy). Use weaknesses to my advantage, since I have practically every type in play.

As of right now, I don't have all the necessary cards to make this exactly how I want. For example, I'd definitely have more than one Ripple Swell Arceus and Omniscient Arceus.

I've practiced with this deck for a few days now, and I've realized that it has WAY too many energies. Each Arceus attack only needs one specific color energy + one or two colorless. So basically (assuming I have Ultimate Zone in play) the minimum amount of energy I need is one rainbow and one double colorless! However, I want at least one of each basic energy for emergencies, like if I don't manage to get Ultimate Zone out.

If anyone could give me some advice on how many energies to use and what I should add in place of the ones I take out, that would be great.

When I played Arceus I used only 2-3 types of energy and focused on just using the 100 damage attack from the lvl x and matching the opponents weakness. Against LuxChomp, for example, I would level up the fighting Arceus and the Colorless Arceus and try to go to town. You don't need to use all their attacks because most of them are kind of bad.

that's true. i'm trying to get the meteor blast lv X so i can do that without discarding energies every time (like you have to with the psychic bolt one). i think i might take try taking out some energies and putting in one or two more lv X's.
about how many do you think i should take out?

I think I played 16 if I remember correctly... I didn't mind discarding energy since two Ripple Swells will give you all the energy you need.

-energy search, cynthia guid, energy return and -1 interviewer question for +4 cyrus conspiracy (lets you get energy and supporter. -2 dual ball for 2 more collectors between beginning door and 4 collectors i dont think youll need pokemon communication i would throw in 2 black belts

but good luck hope you find out what works best for you

PKMN:21
4 Arceus Lv.X (Omniscient)
4 Colorless Arceus
2 Fire Arceus
2 Dark Arceus
2 Water Arceus
1 Psychic Arceus
1 Electric Arceus
1 Grass Arceus
1 Fighting Arceus
1 Unown Q
1 Uxie
1 Lucario GL

T/S/S:23
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Copycat
1 Palmer
4 Beginning Door
2 Belt
4 Ultimate Zone

NRG:16
4 DCE
4 Rainbow
3 Fire
2 Dark
2 Water
1 Grass

I got first in masters at a battle road with this list earlier in the year, except the old one didn't have lucario GL because Gyarados was a non-issue.

This list works great if you shuffle well.

^ that guy has a solid list.

Mostly noting the support building around the sky spear and the fire one and not using the metal one (as its type and attack are way too situational in this format)

The main problem with that list IMO is the fact that without metal arceus you have a chance of around 5% of having 2 arceus that you only run 1 of prized which means no ripple swell until you draw a prize.
(EDIT: I just somehow missed that there are 9 arceuses and not 8 so ignore this part)

Also, I question the use of 1 uxie, as while it may be useful after you have ripple swelled (I am not really against having stuff other than arceus in arceus decks unlike many other people, as you really only need to ripple swell once or twice and then you can fill your bench up with whatever) it also increases the chance of starting with a lone basic that isnt arceus (which would be unown q (q is here even though he can attach himself, as if you start with q as a lone basic you are likely to get donked) luke or uxie) is about 4,5% instead of about 3% although I guess psychic restore can help with that.

That said I do not really have much experience with arceus decks yet and thus my advice may be incorrect. However, you should keep everything in mind when you apply changes to your deck.

EDIT 2:
Shouldnt an arceus list also run a few rescue to recycle the ones they have weakness against? Just wondering.

Last edited:
i see what you mean about not including the metal one, i mostly agree. the only time he's really helped a lot is when my opponent used a delibird whose weakness was metal x2. i haven't really come across many other cards with that weakness though at this point. i will probably end up replacing one of the metals with a lightning one instead. the attack is low, but i like being able to switch him out for free then heal him with grass type arceus. i'd like to keep at least one just in case i do come across a steel-weakness one.

i will also narrow down my energy list and try to do sky spear more often. i've been so paranoid of discarding energies that my ripple swell arceus usually just sits on my bench until i'm on my last prize card. lol.

thanks for all the advice so far, everyone! it's really helpful.

I ran 6 colorless arceus for a while to ensure him as a starter almost every game.

How have your games gone so far? What are you having trouble against. People can give much better advice if you let us know what has and has not been working for you.

Psychic Arceus x3
Grass Arceus x2
Dark Arceus x1
Lightning Arceus x1
Steel Arceus x2
Ripple Swell Normal Arceus x1
Fire Arceus x1
Water Arceus x1
Omniscient Arceus Lv X x1
Psychic Bolt Arceus Lv X x1
(14 Pokemon)

Beginning Door x4
Ultimate Zone x4
Interviewer's Questions x2
Dual Ball x2
Moomoo Milk x2
Energy Search x1
Pokemon Communication x2
Cynthia's Guidance x1
Energy Restore x1
Pokemon Collector x2
Expert Belt x3
Fisherman x2
(26 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums)

Rainbow Energy x4
Fire Energy x2
Psychic Energy x2
Grass Energy x2
Water Energy x2
Lightning Energy x2
Steel Energy x2
Dark Energy x2
DCE x2
(20 Energy)

I personally run Arceus, and it is my favorite deck to play. Through testing I have found that Psychic Bolt Lv X isn't very useful. Try to run around 3-4 omniscent. Cyntia's Guidance is not as good as some other cards. Try to add in 1-2 unown q for better retreat. The Alph from Triumphant might be good, since you can't run azelf, but I haven't tested it.
The Arceus lines could use some work. First off, ditch the metal one and the energies; almost nobody's weak to metal. Bring everything else down to one, with 3-4 Ripple Swell ones, 2 Fire, 2 Dark, and 2 Water. Try to add 2 more DCE; It is amazing, and can cover the Fire Arcues's attack cost. Finally, I like to use Volkners Philosophy; since you don't run Uxie, your hand sizes are small.

You can check out my build here: (haven't posted it yet, will soon)

Also, there is a Pokeclass episode (pokemandanlv45 on youtube) about the Arceus deck, it can help improve your strategy.

Hop I helped :biggrin:

to flareon: i've only been able to battle about 5 or 6 different types of decks, but no major ones like luxchomp, dialga, or lostgar decks. machamp decks obviously destroy me because of its attack that knocks out any non-evolved pokemon (aka, all of my arceus unless i happen to get a Lv X out in time).

it mostly wins, but when i don't it's usually because i can't get the the trainers to bench the arceus types needed for ripple swell. would call energies help me out, or just mess up my regular energies?

---------- Post added 02/14/2011 at 03:44 PM ----------

to arceus597: yeah, i'm going to take psychic bolt out once i get more lv. X's. i recently traded for a Meteor Blast one that's helped out a lot more. i'm only keeping the psychic bolt in for now for the extra hp and protection against machamp decks. i'll take it out for more omniscient once i trade for them.
volkner's philosophy sounds good! i usually end up with like 3 unneeded Ultimate Zones in my hand. lol.
the arceus line sounds interesting. i think instead of 2 dark, i might use 2 lightning or 2 psychic though. i've found the lightning ones to be really helpful so far, and dark has just sort of sat on my bench for ripple swell.

livvy: I played 4 Call. My goal was to ripple swell by t2 every game for two turns, play down the stadium and deal 100 damage and try to match the weakness of the opponent. I don't see how the deck can function without Ripple Swell being the center. I couldn't get it to the level of consistency I wanted, and the auto loss to Machamp (which always makes a show in my area) and difficulty to function under trainer lock made me decide to just ditch it. I would try to level up the Psychic one against Machamp, play down another Psychic one on the bench and deal 130. Next turn level up the one on the bench. That was really difficult to pull off though.

also, not sure if you realize, but Take Out KO's the level x as well.

flareon:
oh jeez, you're right about the Lv X's. i was accidentally thinking of them as an evolution because you put them on top of a regular arceus. D:
do you think it would be overkill to run more than 4 level X's? like 4 omniscient and 1 or 2 of meteor blast?

um, imo 4 is fine... i only played the meteor blast one, though. arceus' attacks are just kinda weak, didnt ever want to copy the other ones. i can post my list when im done when i get to my computer (mobile now). even though my list didnt do what i wanted it to, it might give you a few ideas you could combine with your version.

to arceus597: yeah, i'm going to take psychic bolt out once i get more lv. X's. i recently traded for a Meteor Blast one that's helped out a lot more. i'm only keeping the psychic bolt in for now for the extra hp and protection against machamp decks. i'll take it out for more omniscient once i trade for them.
volkner's philosophy sounds good! i usually end up with like 3 unneeded Ultimate Zones in my hand. lol.
the arceus line sounds interesting. i think instead of 2 dark, i might use 2 lightning or 2 psychic though. i've found the lightning ones to be really helpful so far, and dark has just sort of sat on my bench for ripple swell.

Glad I could help!

thanks to everyone who helped here, i won 2 out of 3 games at a re-release tournament today. :] i was TOTALLY going to win the other one, but i made a game-losing mistake (didn't place an expert belt down in time. would've knocked out his scizor prime in one attack with fire arceus, then his last benched pokemon in the turn after that.) so again, thanks everyone! this deck is turning out even better than i expected.

This is the version I've been trying out. I have one of every Arceus extra in my binder on the side, and I put 2x of the element in the deck depending on Tournament turnout at my local store (Ex. LostGar I would double up on Psychic and Dark)

This is the current version, doubling up on fighting (Umbreon) and Psychic(Confusion)

Pokemon:

4x Arceus LVX (Omniscient)
2x Arceus (Psychic)
2x Arceus (Fighting)
1x Arceus (Dark)
1x Arceus (Fire)
1x Arceus (Steel)
1x Arceus (Thunder)
1x Arceus (Grass)
1x Arceus (Water)
4x Arceus (Ripple Swell)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

2x Great Ball
4x Beginning Door
3x Professor Oak's New Theory
2x Pokemon Collector
1x Expert Belt
1x Palmer'sContribution
2xProfesor Oak's Visit
3x Ultimate Zone
1x Pokemon Communication
2x Energy Exchanger
1x Bebe's Search
1x Pokemon Rescue

Energy:

3x Double Colorless Energy
3x Rainbow Energy
2x Warp Energy
2x Psychic Energy
2x Fighting Energy
2x Dark Energy
1x Steel Energy
1x Fire Energy
1x Grass Energy
1x Water Energy
1x Thunder Energy

My list works about half of the time. It's got that either really GREAT game, or that horrible please-make-it-stop game.

I tried Warp Energy in here because I had switches, but figured that since Ultimate Zone is out more often than not, it's more beneficial to plop down a Warp Energy, switching current Arceus with a type strong against the defending, then moving energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back