Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Big news on 1/8/13 - Pokemon X and Y

pikapower99

I haven't seen any threads on this and I was quite surprised. On the twitter pokemon website, the official US Pokemon website, and the official Japan Pokemon website, maybe countless other sites says there is going to be big news on 1/8/13.
Not long before this Junichi Masuda said he would be appearing on Pokrmon Smash on 1/6/13. On Pokebeach, I believe they also said they were planning to 'Further Evolve' the word of Pokemon.

Could this possible involve TCG?

Obviously it's the long awaited tie-in between Pokémon and The Wheel of Time series: Memories of Lumineon. You heard it here first!

It's probably about a 6th generation game. The last time both official sites did this was when they revealed Pokemon B&W. But we'll wait and see what happens. P.S. espeon must be losing his mind, so no point in believing him:lol:

Pokemon will have Pro Tours with sponsorship and loads of money?

I know...wrong game, but would be a big surprise!

I would like to see a new snap game. That would be big news to me. So what do we have right now.

Pokemon Snap 2
Pokemon Battle Revolution 2
Pokemon R/S Remake

Any other ideas of a game thats not PMD or Gen 6?

I've been convinced that R/S remakes would be exceedingly unlikely. FRLG and HGSS were necessary because Pokemon from those regions were, otherwise, unobtainable (or exceptionally hard to obtain) as there was no way to transfer Pokemon natively from those generations to newer games. You can still directly transfer a Pokemon you caught in a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald game to a Black/White game, so actually remaking them isn't necessary.

Pokemon Snap would be fun.

Sixth gen would also be fun, but it feels... early to me somehow. It still feels like B2W2 only just came out...

Well, the newer DS systems can't connect with the GB Advance games so that could be a option to have a remake but the game is so focused on BW right now its hard to say. We could get another game related to the BW series though. I think the most likely would be another PBR like game for the Wii so we can use the BW Pokemon on the game.

A B3W3 might be kind of cool, with new BW Pokemon that are partially evolution's from Pokemon from other regions and stuff, and maybe a kyurem, reshiram, zekrom mix. I doubt this would happen thought. Not many people would probably want to play BW a 3rd time unless it was a completely new story line for the most part. Or maybe it would be like a Hoenn/BW game.

I'm also hoping for a Ruby 2 and sapphire 2, with new legendary mascots, pokemon forms, and story line. Ex Aqua or is it EX magma member replaces the EX rocket member and says stuff about expanding land? Anyways I'm just waiting for whatever happens.

So are we all saying it will have nothing to do with TCG?

We're evolving Pokemon... STRAIGHT INTO THE GROUNDDDDDD

@Vaporeon technically you can make the chain from RB to BW to any other system that communicates with a DS.

solarpichu, Pokemon is not ending. Who would think that? Have you checked to sales lately? Pokemon sells as the 2nd best card game unfortunely after MTG. But anyways imagine if they making B3W3 with 200 new Pokemon and you play in every region and catch every Pokemon including the event ones and Legendary Pokemon finally have a evolution. It would be the best selling game in Pokemon's history!

solarpichu, Pokemon is not ending. Who would think that? Have you checked to sales lately? Pokemon sells as the 2nd best card game unfortunely after MTG. But anyways imagine if they making B3W3 with 200 new Pokemon and you play in every region and catch every Pokemon including the event ones and Legendary Pokemon finally have a evolution. It would be the best selling game in Pokemon's history!
I don't think he was being entirely serious.

I dont think I want to see a evolution of any legendary Pokemon game. That would defeat the purpose of them. I dont even like the whole form changes they are giving them. It was cute with Shaymin and should have ended with Shaymin.

A Pokemon game for the 3DS that is first person view in an actual environment like Mario 64 and will interact with the 3DS camera feature for wild pokemon encounters.

Hopefully, it will finally be a Pokemon MMO... I even have several ideas on how they can do it-

Classes-

Trainers (Balanced, best catching chance, no limitations)
Gym Students (Striker/DPS, Half or more of your carried Pokemon are of the same type)
Breeder (Buff/Enhancement, Half or more moves can not be primarily damage dealing attacks)
Nurse (Healer/Tank, Half or more of your carried Pokemon must count as 'walls' or use powers such as Recover)
Recruit (Debuff/Enfeeble, Half or more moves must inflict status conditions)

Legendaries-

There would be a cap on total owned Legendaries, so that you can't have them all. Trading would allow you to 'catch em all'. These would be in-game events, special quests, and the like.

Areas-

Everyone would choose a starting zone(based on a generation of the game) and then would need to earn a Zone Pass by completing their class objective(Gym Leader, Elite Four, Team Executive, Pokemon Center Supervisor, Day-Care Manager) and then could start catching other Pokemon exclusively to a zone.

There are many, many, MANY more notes and ideas that I have, but hopefully this was enough to get the rest of you nerds like me salivating. :)

-Alex

I've been convinced that R/S remakes would be exceedingly unlikely. FRLG and HGSS were necessary because Pokemon from those regions were, otherwise, unobtainable (or exceptionally hard to obtain) as there was no way to transfer Pokemon natively from those generations to newer games. You can still directly transfer a Pokemon you caught in a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald game to a Black/White game, so actually remaking them isn't necessary.

Pokemon Snap would be fun.

Sixth gen would also be fun, but it feels... early to me somehow. It still feels like B2W2 only just came out...

The 6th Gen games will most likely be exclusive to the 3DS though so it'll be impossible to transfer from GBA games.

I'd love a handheld TCG game like the GBC one. I doubt it will happen with PTCGO around but it would still be great although they'd probably make you pay for packs or force you to use booster codes (How I wish you could play friends/novice matches with all cards available to you on PTCGO).

Back