Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Box Ratios changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaerad333

Hi i just got a box of the Dragons Exalted set and got 3 EXs. I was suprised to not get any FA or secret rare in it so i was just wondering if the box ratios have changed. Thanks and just comment if u have an answer for me

one box i saw opened had 1 FA and 1 ex. Other boxes have old ratios (1 fa, 2 ex)

EDIT: a friend opened a box some minutes ago and he got 2 FA but only 1 ex

Last edited:
There's always been a little bit of inconsistency. There are posts saying the same thing about NEX and DEX boxes. People only tend to report when they get a bit more or less than they expect.

Im not saying at all my box was bad. I got a lot of holos and the ex i got were pretty good (mew, ho oh and giratina) maybe pokemon is trying out something new for their boxes like japan.

It's completely random.

There were boxes with 2 ex (no fullart) and some with 4 ex and 2 shinies.

Shiny Pokémon seem to be less rare than before, fullarts more rare.

The box my boyfriend and I got had two fullarts, 2 regular exes, and a shiny. Weird, but nice box nonetheless.

Maybe most boxes are 1FA and 2 EX's, and it seems like there are odd ratio's becuase we hear more of odd ratio's than normal ratio's.

In my experience from what I've opened and PRs I've been at, the ratios haven't changed. What has changed is how much the ratios are locked into any explicit box.

So like, in a single box, you'll get anywhere from 2 normal EX up to 2 EX/2 FA/1 shining, but if you look at 6-8 boxes as a group, it still does average out to around 2 EX/1 FA/0.33 shinings per box.

I actually think the increased box variance is cool. Before, boxes were a losing investment; it was almost impossible to get a box that you could break even on. They were all virtually the same! A Triumphant box containing both a Magnezone and a Yanmega (at the height of their popularity) was a rare exception.

Now, boxes are more like packs... They are an exciting gamble.

I have the bomb of all boxes here guys.

2 regular EX, No shining... and no notable rares. AKA, No Garchomp, No Hydreigon, no Full Art.

I gotta say as a long time collector I find this very unsettling to want to purchase more.

I have the bomb of all boxes here guys.

2 regular EX, No shining... and no notable rares. AKA, No Garchomp, No Hydreigon, no Full Art.

I gotta say as a long time collector I find this very unsettling to want to purchase more.

Im not sure how but u should probably find a way to contact pokemon and let them know how these ratios are very disatisfying and unfair. That box sounds extremely disappointing, sorry u were the one to have to get that one

The boxes are all sorts of screwed up. I don't know what happened, but I would expect that they will look at it and fix it for the next set.

I'll use my stats for the 24 boxes I opened up just as a reference point.

I pulled 10 Shiny Pokemon. I didn't pull a FA in ANY box I pulled a Shiny.
I pulled 3 NON-FA Ex in 2 boxes
I pulled 1 NON-FA Ex in 4 boxes
I pulled 2 NON-FA Ex in 18 boxes
I pulled 2 FA Ex in 10 boxes
I pulled 1 FA Ex in 1 box
I pulled 0 FA Ex in 13 boxes

That's not even getting into the RHs which have some funky distributions. I pulled 22 RH Bidoof in 24 boxes, and only pulled 2 full RH sets. The set was strange. It was like someone decided to mess around with the Ratios. I hope they fix this for the next set, cause it's annoying to have such hit and miss boxes, especially if you only buy 1 or 2 boxes.

If there are 6 Ex and 6 FA in the set, you should get 2/1 on them, with a chance of 2/1/1 with the Shiny. If there are 8 FA (which might be the case in a few sets), it should be 2/2/1 with one of those FA being one of the two trainers.

Drew

Hey Dark Twins what did you pull total out of the boxes for FA and Reg? J/w and I think it would go well with your current stats listed.

I just opened my box a couple of minutes ago and this is by far the best box I have ever had.

Registeel EX Full Art
Giritina EX Full Art
Terrakion EX FUll Art
Giritina EX Regular
Ho-Oh EX Regular
Mew EX Regular.

I just opened my box a couple of minutes ago and this is by far the best box I have ever had.

Registeel EX Full Art
Giritina EX Full Art
Terrakion EX FUll Art
Giritina Regular
Ho-Oh EX Regular
Mew EX Regular.

Wow u certainly got ur moneys worth congratulations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back