Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Broken Deoxys! Nearly Invinsible!

Jigglychu

I dont know if I'm the first one to notice this, but...

Deoxys (Defense) - 80 HP [M]
Delta Species

Poke-Power: Form Change
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for another Deoxys and switch it with Deoxys. (Any cards attached to Deoxys, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokemon.) If you do, put Deoxys on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterwards. You can't use more than one Form Change Poke-Power each turn.

[MC] Delta Reduction - 30: During your opponent's next turn, all damage done to Deoxys is reduced by 30.

Weakness: Psychic
Retreat Cost: [CC]

This deoxys is the one from holon phantom, the METAL one. Get it? 4 metal energy... Attack... Prevent 70 damage every turn!!!!!! The only problem is getting the energy attached. Maybe adding this to a GardMie deck, with Energy Root.

..................Oh.......................
Heh Heh, I knew that.(lying)
ON TOPIC: The solution? Holon NRG water! I'm making a deck for this cardwhen it comes out? (When is Holon Phantom coming out, anyway?)

What about Scizor-ex? HE can reduce damage by 60, has more HP, and has better attacks. Why not just use him?

Good card, but not as good as something that's already around.

hehehehe, indeed, it will be fun :) and in my mercury, it will be very fun... but ill stick with registeel EX

REgisteel ex- 50 reduction
scizor- 60 reduction
deoxys- 70 reduction

is anyone seeing an eerie trend here besides me?

Don't forget Gardevoir EM, which should be in every Mercury style deck worth its salt. Add another 20 healing onto that damage reduction, assuming you can survive the initial attack.

Flaming_Spinach, there's a good reason why this is considered possibily better. It's a basic, and it's not an ex. Add in that it's not vulnerable to Fire, unlike Scizor, and so won't be stopped by Arcanine ex...
Of course, in a mirror Mercury, it becomes largely useless, as it's still vulnerable to Psychic.

And that Scizor EX gets hurt by Desert Ruins. Deoxys Defense Metal Does Not. Give it Energy Root annd you'll have more HP. You wont wanna switch to another Deoxys since the other ones aren't great.

Blastoise-shellshocker said:
And that Scizor EX gets hurt by Desert Ruins. Deoxys Defense Metal Does Not. Give it Energy Root annd you'll have more HP. You wont wanna switch to another Deoxys since the other ones aren't great.
Can use Life Herb and Sitrus Berry too. :3 It just seems like an all around better tank than Scizor. Not so much attacker, though.

Seriously, if everyone is flipping over this, why didn't we all go mad when Dark Steelix came out? 110 HP and the ability to utilize Dark AND Metal Energy while getting them back is sooo much better than this Deoxys. It can come in handy as a nice staller during 2-3 turn, but nothing special IMO.

shiftrymaster68 said:
Seriously, if everyone is flipping over this, why didn't we all go mad when Dark Steelix came out? 110 HP and the ability to utilize Dark AND Metal Energy while getting them back is sooo much better than this Deoxys. It can come in handy as a nice staller during 2-3 turn, but nothing special IMO.
:thumb:

My sentiment exactly.
Sorry fellas, but 30 damage won't cut it. Not to mention if it goes down, it's taking a root, 4 metal, a psychic, and itself with it, that's pretty harsh after that.

If it could boost damage, it might be decent, maybe combine it with some damage boosting pokemon? Isn't there a gyarados that adds +10 to all DS pokemon? Maybe 1-3 gyarados and 4 metals, and a lot of heal and you're set.

ryanvergel said:
:thumb:

My sentiment exactly.
Sorry fellas, but 30 damage won't cut it. Not to mention if it goes down, it's taking a root, 4 metal, a psychic, and itself with it, that's pretty harsh after that.

If it could boost damage, it might be decent, maybe combine it with some damage boosting pokemon? Isn't there a gyarados that adds +10 to all DS pokemon? Maybe 1-3 gyarados and 4 metals, and a lot of heal and you're set.
You can't deny he's a better tank though. With 4 Metal and Sitrus Berry he's practically reducing 100 damage. I do agree the mediocre damage for his attack keeps him from being great. Gyrados might work, but it seems like it might be hard to fit into Mercury, which is really the only place I can see Deoxys being played, it's either that or with Metagross which would be even more difficult to fit Gyrados in, imo.

2/1/2 gardy=5
2/2 gyarados=4
2/2 or 1/1 starmie=4
2 deoxys=2
+4 starters
That's 19 pokemon right there. You can boost it up to 3/2/3 gardy for 22 pokemon. Doesn't seem bad at all to me.

Without gyarados, 30 damage simply won't cut it. I like the idea of loading it with 4 metal, and an energy root, and going to town doing 50 a turn and reducing 70, and healing a possible 20 a turn with EM gardy. Looks hotz.
100hp, -70 a turn, and healing 20? gosu!

Omg!
Deoxys+ Energy Root= 100 HP+ 4 Metal+ Its attack (-30)+ Gardy (EM)= PURE PWNAGE!
Team ZRE is gonna have to tech in those Electrode (FRLG) in order to beat this monster.
EDIT: And maybe even a tech line of Ludi (Happy Dance) for even more fun. BUT 30 damage a turn is nothing and toxic is gonna kill this guy (never mind I forgot about Gardy EM). But it would be fun to make a deck out of.

Last edited:
Back