Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Charizard d with basic metal FTW?

Magic_Umbreon

Researching Tower Scientist, Retired
When Charizard has a double rainbow, he can OHKO Infernape, and the level X otherwise (or with scramble). As you'll be running 4 delta rainbows, you can use Mew* and Mew POP5 to copy infernape's attacks and do big damage. With the release of basic metal energy, will Charizard see enough play? Can the Beduw + Dual Ball + Rare candy + Celio's or elm in hand, engine prosper or is it inefficent? Or is this simply another delta poké/deck that can't cut it without transceiver?

Flygon d + Charizard d I tthink that with the scramble and DRE in combination with basic metal this is going to be a cool fast deck.

BTW Ive used this deck without holon engine and it works wonders.

LOL... MUCH better name :/

I think it'll have problems with inconsistency. Remember it discards ALL metal. Delta Rainbows, Holon Pokemon, and maybe even DREs/Scrambles won't be able to cover for its lightning cost. You'll need to get the exact energy down. If your deck's energy bulk is made up of metal, you'll be slowed down lots with the lack of Lightning showing up. Maybe if you ran Lightning instead of Metal, and just threw on 3 Lightning then a Holon Pokemon to drop 120. You only get like 4 though :/. You COULD run DREs, but if you max those you have 8 energy that Flygon can't attach, which isn't too bad, but then you need to remember that that's 8 energy you can't attach to a Casty on T1. So then you throw in Voltorb for that and you have 9 lol. If you can get the build right,, it might work, but the idea right now doesn't look too promising IMHO.

LOL... MUCH better name :/

I think it'll have problems with inconsistency. Remember it discards ALL metal. Delta Rainbows, Holon Pokemon, and maybe even DREs/Scrambles won't be able to cover for its lightning cost. You'll need to get the exact energy down. If your deck's energy bulk is made up of metal, you'll be slowed down lots with the lack of Lightning showing up. Maybe if you ran Lightning instead of Metal, and just threw on 3 Lightning then a Holon Pokemon to drop 120. You only get like 4 though :/. You COULD run DREs, but if you max those you have 8 energy that Flygon can't attach, which isn't too bad, but then you need to remember that that's 8 energy you can't attach to a Casty on T1. So then you throw in Voltorb for that and you have 9 lol. If you can get the build right,, it might work, but the idea right now doesn't look too promising IMHO.

You don't attack with Charizard if you can help it. You "Peal of Thunder" a ton of energy onto Ho-Oh ex early game to do a lot of damage. Once your Ho-Oh ex gets knocked out, use its poke-power to move the right energy onto Charizard if you want. Otherwise, keep Ho-Oh ex's going. The deck runs over 20 Basic Energys to make sure that Charizard's power isn't destructive.

You don't attack with Charizard if you can help it. You "Peal of Thunder" a ton of energy onto Ho-Oh ex early game to do a lot of damage. Once your Ho-Oh ex gets knocked out, use its poke-power to move the right energy onto Charizard if you want. Otherwise, keep Ho-Oh ex's going. The deck runs over 20 Basic Energys to make sure that Charizard's power isn't destructive.

Oh alright I misunderstood the deck kinda. Either way, though it looks more smooth here, I don't really like Ho-Oh ex that much. If I can get three different energies on a card, I don't want to be left only doing 70 damage when I could be dropping up to 200 damage with a Lugia EX. Even if discarding were a problem that way, I think there's plenty of a basics that could take advantage of the energy better than having to put up with doing damage under tedius conditions. Ray EX d is one, as well as Ray EX (DX).

Ho-oh ex? interesting idea, but surely wou are depending on a lot of luck to get the right types of energy on to it from Char's power. Shame it wasn't from hand really.

Char...gon? again im intrigued! why would you wan2 run Charizard d- surely it would be easier/more consistent to set up multiple flygons?

Delcatty ex? late game- would be excellent. I've found that when you use upstream late game the vast majority of your deck will be energy so a late char drop could be very nice.
But how do you set up well early game? I spose mantine could help here, but until you have a large percentage of your deck as energy (as opposed to the trainers and pokemon that will still be in the deck at the start of the game), how can you reliably power char?

I hope it doesn't get big- the darn things are too expensive to get hold of! :redface: :lol:

I'm thinking just straight Charizard/Mantine/Fearow is efficient and effective enough, probably needs a few Mantine, once the first Char goes down pop a couple energy on top of the deck, drop a new Char and continue. It may not work, haven't tested it but its an idea.

afirule said:
Char...gon? again im intrigued! why would you wan2 run Charizard d- surely it would be easier/more consistent to set up multiple flygons?
Charizard attacking? 120 damage is pretty nifty. Salamence d has often been played w/Metagross DX or Flygon d, so I'd gather that's probably the idea.

Playable Charizard is always gonna be a financial disaster lol

Ho-oh ex? interesting idea, but surely wou are depending on a lot of luck to get the right types of energy on to it from Char's power. Shame it wasn't from hand really.

Oh, but darkness and metal are basic now! The problem is with the diffulty in running the deck. Here's some rare modesty from myself: I do not possess enough skill to master such a deck. To run the deck right, you need to KNOW teh exacty enregy content of your deck at all times, so that with castaway, ho-oh's power and Mantine you get the variation of energy necessary! Way to easy to slip up on, but appears strong.

Probably.

Delcatty ex? late game- would be excellent. I've found that when you use upstream late game the vast majority of your deck will be energy so a late char drop could be very nice.

Oh yes it would.

But how do you set up well early game? I spose mantine could help here, but until you have a large percentage of your deck as energy (as opposed to the trainers and pokemon that will still be in the deck at the start of the game), how can you reliably power char?

NRG recycle system or copycat with magneton is LOLable but the small energy attachment requirement of Delcatty means after building a fearow, constrain after energy draws + upstrain sets up a nice opportunity even early game. But you have Lucario to worry about, then again, free retreat and fearow does resist.

I hope it doesn't get big- the darn things are too expensive to get hold of! :redface: :lol:

Oh I agree with you, if next season turns out with a deck as expensive as LBS as BDiF then I'll play Kriketune or something.

as for the correct energy needed on char, first you should be able to build another char and mantine for fuel, otherwise castaway gets you the basic lightning that will sit there and never be discarded, while mantine + energy draw or a simple supporter draw will let you re-use the lightning or a second non-metal energy to stay there while you abuse DRE for 110 a turn. The difficulty arises with Ho-oh ex, as you don't want DREs in the same deck as him.

ho-oh ex is just awful by any means, even if youre getting the most out of it its just awful you lose the prize exchange in pretty much every matchup really.

tak it from me im a tacitcla genius, i can do good with my pokemno cards.

Back