The Adam's Mark Hotel
400 North Olive Street
Dallas, Texas 75201

Date: June 10, 2006

Start Time: 1:00pm

Entry Fee: FREE

Format: Modified Constructed Deck

*Note:
Those that will be attending "A-Kon" will be required to pay for parking and admission to "A-Kon". See other thread about the "Dallas~Gym Challenge" at "A-Kon".

The website for "A-Kon" is below.

http://www.a-kon.com

MP Birch has been asked about the "admission price"to "A-Kon" for the "Dallas~Gym Challenge". I have been told that for a "One Day Gaming Pass" will be $10.00. If you purchase a "Weekend Gaming Pass" (Friday-Sunday) the price is $20.00. These passes only allows you in the "Gaming Areas".

To commensurate for these "Addmission Fees" to "A-Kon", each player will receive two boster packs along with the other "Promo Stuff" that you would normally get. Also, we will have 8-player "Booster Draft Tournaments" on Friday through Sunday for $12.00 per player. Each tournament will have a "prize pool" of five booster packs to the winner and three to the second place finisher. You may play as many of these as you would like.

Please give me your input on the "Dallas~Gym Challenge" information. Please ask your questions on this thread or add your comments. All responses are greatly appreciated.

Contact Information: MP Birch/ Richard Collinsworth
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell Phone: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

Thank you.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
Team Cook said:
Give us the lowdown about the Birch Rare Candy cookies. That's all I care about. Cookies or no cookies?

"Team Cook Dad~

Trying to find out how the "Rare Candy Cookies" were that Lynn made for the "MS Valley Regionals"???

MP Birch

do you have to pay anything if you want to just go to gym challenge not not A-kon. or is gym challange the gaming area

So which day is the actual Gym Challenge? What day(s) will Pokemon stuff be held?? How much is Gym Challenge itself (or is it free) not counting the admission??? When and where????

As far as the admision, if we are compensated 2 Booster packs plus free stuff (and access to other gaming areas and free stuff) then I see no problem with a $10-20 entry fee since its more than just a Pokemon Tounrey..... thats my opinion....

oh yeah, you know I had to ask..... what about GBA tourney(s)?????

And i vote yes on the Rare Candy cookies

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

NM, didnt realize there were 2 topics on this, one with actual event info.. my bad.... still some questions need to be answered...

Last edited:
hmmm awesome only 10 bucks.... i thought it was 40 and i was like wow.... ! anyways i wonder if there will be any other gaming tournies there.... halo 2 hopefully lol....

I really think it is cool about the booster drafts. I hope to do well finally in something in the Dallas area.

"Booster Draft" Feedback

~~~Booster Draft-Feedback~~~

MP Birch is really wanting any feedback about the "Pokemon Booster Drafts" that will be held at "A-Kon". I need to know if there are players that will be playing in these and what days will you most likely be playing on. (Friday night, Satutrday, or Sunday) What sets are you wanting to draft from???

Thank you for all of your comments and input.

Naster Professor Birch

Last edited:
I will be there for all of AKON.
I donno If i want to pokemon or not
See everyone there, my akon badge name is homeofmew.
so look for that ok ^_^! yeah I pre registered ^^! yay for
spending $42 yays! I will drop by if MP birch has rare candy cookies.

Looking Foward to this a lot ^_^!

Last edited:
After seeing a response in a thread I started then have to say that the idea of actually have prizes rather than voting for packs sounds GREAT. The point was made that with prizes then is harder for people to rare draft if they want to win so more competition. That is what I love to do.

any of the newer sets would be awesome.... not sure when i'll attednind the drafts most likely Sat... matters if i have a job by then.... anyways ttyl

Back