Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dallas, TX~City Championship: 12/04/05

***Dallas~City Championship: Details***

"Cage Con" at the "Adam's Mark Hotel" in Dallas, Texas will be the site of Master Professor Birch's "Magical~Pokemon Tour of Champions 2005-2006" for Dallas!!! Players, get those "Modified Decks" play-tested and ready as this event is fast approaching us. Dallas has been out of the loop for the "City Championship Series" in the past year. But, with the help of "Madness Games & Comics" in Plano, Texas, MP Birch and Chris Mettler (Owner of "Madness") has bought the City Championship back to Dallas!!! We welcome all players from the North Texas and surrounding areas.

:thumb: Details for the "Dallas~City Championship". :thumb:

Adam's Mark Hotel
400 North Olive Street
Dallas, Texas 75201

Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

Date: December 04, 2005

Entry Fee: FREE

Time: 10:00am (Registration Begins)

GBA Tournament: 10:30am

City Championship-Start Time: 12:00 noon

:clap: Details for the "City Championship" :clap:

Entry Fee: FREE

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (60-Card Deck)

Rounds: Age-Modified Swiss / 30-Minutes with a Final Cut (# of rounds & cut to be determined by attendance)

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over)
1st Place..."City Championship Medal", Pokemon Bag of Goodies, & 18-Boosters
2nd Place...10-Boosters
3rd-4th Places...4-Boosters
Each Player..."City Championship~Promo Card", Player's Pin, & POP Series-2 Promo Pack (While Supplies Last)
*NOTE: The prizes will will be enhanced by "Madness Games & Comics" because of the $5.00 admission fee to enter "Cage Con".

Players must bring their own 60-card deck to play with in this tournament. The "City Championship" will be run by PUI's "Modified Format" and "Age-Modified Swiss" rounds. See Pokemon Tournament Rules for "Modified Format" and "Age-Modified Swiss" at http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/rules_n_resources.asp.

:clap: "Details of the GBA Tournament" :clap:

"GBA" Start Time: 10:30am

The "GBA Tournament" rules are below:

*Entry Fee: FREE

*One Big / Single Elimination Tournament

*Rounds will be 10-Minutes

*Legal GBA Cartridges are Ruby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, Leaf-Green, & ex Emerald

*3-Pokemon not over Level-50

*No two of the same Pokemon

*Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi are banned

*No duplicate held items

*Certain Powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match

*"Modified" GBA Cartridges are not NOT allowed

*Judges rulings are final

*Prizes will be determined by attendance & highest finishing player in each Age-Group will win at least one Booster Pack

We will have Pokemon fun all day and we will be crowning the "Dallas~ Pokemon City Champions" on this day. So, play-test those decks and get ready for MP Birch's "Magical~Pokemon Tour of Champions 2005-2006"!!! Come early and check out all of the excitement at "Cage Con" and play for the "Dallas~City Championship"!!!

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Wow, and just when I thought that I've defended my home turf...I have another city from two years ago to hold up :D

"Will" the cliche' use of "will" end in Texas, when there's no need to question my success at this tournament?! :eek:

Haha, just kidding. I won't stake any premature claims of victory...I just have a city to defend, and I mean business :)

Last edited:
Looks like I can be at this one, see my sig for my Richardson excuse. See you guys there, with my overused, overhyped, crappy deck. ;D

Shiloh Phoenix said:
Looks like I can be at this one, see my sig for my Richardson excuse. See you guys there, with my overused, overhyped, crappy deck. ;D

Hey! My overhyped deck is WAY more overhyped than yours!

WooHoo.. Momma sez we can go to this one!!! So if you need a Judge Here Birch let me know.... I dont want to have a chance at Winning one of these things.... but you never know!

Less than two weeks to ago for this awesome event!!! Plus, you will be at "Cage Con"!!! This should be an exciting events with the way that the first two in the Dallas/Fort Worth area have gone. Plus with the extra prizes being added to this event. Just....WOW!!!

MP Birch

Last edited:
Extra Prizes

****Extra Prizes For The Dallas Event****

MP Birch has spoken with Chris M (owner of Madness Games & Comics). :wink: Chris will add extra packs of the current series of Pokemon-TCG and "gift cerficates" to his stores. :thumb: We will determine later this week if they will be added to the Top-8 of each age group or be given out as "door prizes". :biggrin: This is an event that you will not want to miss!!! :clap:

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
That sounds great. Hope some are door prizes at least. Gives everyone an extra chance to get something even if having a losing day. Can't wait to play. Nephew keeps saying he can't wait to go to the Adam's Mark.

This tourney hasn't been getting as much hype as the Fort Worth one...I wonder why. This one is going to have so much more! This is gonna be awesome with all the extra prizes and stuff. If I was ever going to win a tourney, this would be the one I'd want to win...

Sadly me and my brothers won't be able to hit this one :frown: I have too much work and tuition payments are due and its jus blah. But my cousin will be there to represent us tho. Hopefully he'll pwn for us lol :wink:

Last edited:
coolmanderzx said:
Sadly me and my brothers won't be able to hit this one :frown: I have too much work and tuition payments are due and its jus blah. But my cousin will be there to represent us tho. Hopefully he'll pwn for us lol :wink:

Sweet, except for 1 Vo, Rokman, and Johnny to stand in my way for 1st now, bwahaha.

Back