3 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Pokegear 3.0
2 Switch
1 Seeker

5 Lightning
5 Water
4 Double Colorless Energy

This deck has served me quite well through Battle Roads. It's significantly changing with the release of Noble Victories.

Beartic does a decent job with Gothitelle, Zekrom, and Reshiram when used in conjunction with Pokemon Catcher resulting in 2 shot KO's with no retaliatory damage. Cinccinno score both early (with its speed) and game closing KOs. Tornadus, Zekrom, and Shaymin have been discussed in exhaustion how they work, so I won't bore you with it here.

There is some jiggle room in the build so feel free to discuss what you would do with it.

Last edited:
So I wasn't the only one thinking of this deck...
I haven't tested it too much yet, but it seems really good after the release of noble victories.

I've messed around with Cinno builds in the past, to some success. By best build was a list that contained Cinno, Zoroark, and Weavile. By now Tornadus is a good option in there too, though. Might have to bust it out again.

Cinccino and Beartic is a surprisingly good combination.

When NV is legal, you can put some Rocky Helmets in there too.

How come no Zoroark?

I don't think Zekrom is necessary, because few commonly used Pokemon outside of Yanmega Prime are weak to Electric. I think Kyurem might be better because its spread helps Cinccino gets KOs (100 damage max is not enough. 100 damage max plus 30 from Kyurem's spread knocks out most stage twos. Spread is also good against Goth decks in particular, which Cinccino struggles against.)

How come no Zoroark?

Because Beartic does a better job. It does consistent damage, unlike Zoroark. It also has the magic (in this format) 130HP which generally takes at least 2 turns to ko.

Also, I haven't had issue with Gothitelle (Beartic kills it), but I do agree Kyurem could be good in this.

Last edited:
Because Beartic does a better job. It does consistent damage, unlike Zoroark. It also has the magic (in this format) 130HP which generally takes at least 2 turns to ko.

Also, I haven't had issue with Gothitelle (Beartic kills it), but I do agree Kyurem could be good in this.

Please explain how you beat Goth with Beartic.

^Basically that and 50/80 with no retaliation if they can't retreat. Catcher helps set that scenario up.

I can see it fairing pretty well during cities. Especially with new tech options in NV (N, Rocky Helmet, Super Rod)
Posted with Mobile style...

^Basically that and 50/80 with no retaliation if they can't retreat. Catcher helps set that scenario up.

That is very interesting...

So, if you attack with Beartic, then they can move around damage like usual. However, they can't hit you.

If they retreat, it costs them energy. If they retreat to anything but a Goth, you can use your Items again. If they retreat to a Goth, then they could hit you but Goth has bad attack (90 damage, I think, with 3 Psychic...).

Against reshiram variants I assume get a fast beartic going then against ZPST beartic slows that along with goth since you can use rocky helmet to full advantage, also against ross exactly what would you do, just stall up with beartic? If so my only and last question is what about machamp lock? What would you do in this situation as they fightning tag around

Against reshiram variants I assume get a fast beartic going then against ZPST beartic slows that along with goth since you can use rocky helmet to full advantage, also against ross exactly what would you do, just stall up with beartic? If so my only and last question is what about machamp lock? What would you do in this situation as they fightning tag around

Reshiram- correct. I also played Alomomolas to great effect vs Reshiram varients. I just ended up liking Bear better because it gives a couple of free turns during the match.

zpst- Cinccino out speeds and gives you the early lead. Then you just hang on to it. It's a race to the end and you have to have good resource management. Or you could have it as easy as I did the last time I faced it and have an opponent who keeps Reviving his Tornadus I one shot with Outrage (after being attacked once for 80) so you can Catcher it up and kill it three times in a row before they take their first prize...

Ross- Early prizes with Cinccino, midgame trading prizes with Zekrom and 2 shots with Beartic, finish off with Cinccino/Catcher.

Machamp lock- doable (more-so if they Donphan since Bear 1 shots it). Catcher Pre-evos before Fighting Tag can become an issue, and hope you don't peter out before you have 6 prizes. Not the best match-up obviously. Good thing there are enough other decks in the meta to keep Champ numbers down due to it's meh match-ups across the board. I only played against one during BR and won by the skin of my teeth.

Last edited:
What is the role of Shaymin? It seems kind of out of place, as most of your Pokemon do not require much energy to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back