Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dusnoir/Bronzong Winning CC Deck 7-0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristi

Ok so yeah. Last Saturday, I played gigas in a CC and went all the way to the finals just to lose in the mirror because of a Mewtwo X. I was pretty ticked off, so I decided to play something else the following day. I had seen this dude in the masters just pwning with some version of duskzong, so I decided to play it. I changed the list around like 20 times after I built it but here it is as I played it in the CC

Duskzong 7-0 CC Winner

Pokemon: 24
1 Dusknoir LV X
2 Dusknoir (Darkness Mist)
1 Dusknoir DP
2 Dusclops
2 Duskull (Shiny)
2 Duskull SW
2 Bronzong MD
2 Bronzor
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy
1 Azelf X
1 Azelf
1 Mewtwo X
1 Mewtwo
1 Spititomb
1 Unknown G

Energy: 14
4 Call
10 Psychic

Trainers: 22
3 Rosseane
4 BeBe
4 Rare Candy
3 Dusk Ball
2 Cynthia
3 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
1 Luxury Ball

That was what I ended up playing and going 7-0 with. I played Mewtwo X to handle gigas, and more importantly I played Azelf X to handle TTar. However, If I were going to a CC today, here is a revised list that I would have played:

Duskzong (Revised)

Pokemon: 23
1 Dusknoir LV X
2 Dusknoir (Darkness Mist)
1 Dusknoir DP
2 Dusclops
4 Duskull SW
2 Bronzong MD
2 Bronzor
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy
1 Ampharos SW
1 Mareep
1 Azelf X
1 Azelf
1 Spititomb

Energy: 14
4 Call
10 Psychic

Trainers: 23
3 Rosseane
4 BeBe
4 Rare Candy
2 Cynthia
3 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
1 Luxury Ball
1 Premier Ball
3 Evoluter

Strategy/Explanation:
I like Evoluter, and the deck doesn't set up all that fast. For the first couple of turns, you are mainly just attatching to your first dusknoir and trying to get set up. If I had been smart enough to think of Ampharos the night before the tourney, I definitely would have played it. It is AMAZING in this deck because you have to have damage on your opponents pokemon. Usually, you will fall behing early game, and then take 5 prizes in 3 turns. All of the damage just stacks up. 10 to everything when they play a supporter. 10 to everything between turns for Dusknoir X. 10 to everything with energy between turns with Dusknoir. 10 to everything with powers for Bronzong. 10 to everything with Bronzong's attack. It just stacks up sooooo fast.

One thing that I had a REALLY hard time deciding is what Dusknoir line to play. I learned in the tourney that shiny duskull really didn't help the deck as much as it would a Dusknoir (Shadow Command) deck. There are a couple of reasons that I chose to play the Darkness Mist Dusknoir over the Shadow Command one.

* Its body was more helpful to the strategy of the deck
* The deck is more "spread" based than "snipe" based
* Its attack isn't shut down by Unknown G
* It hits weakness
* It doesn't need damage to do damage.

- It needs 3 energy compared to 2
- It's affected by resistance
- Lower max damage output
- Can't shut off pokemon attacking with 2 energy or less

All in all, I think that it was the better choice.

Varriations/Techs:

1-1 Cresselia X

Very Useful, being able to pull 2 prizes with one attack. Its power is also a great help to the strategy of the deck.

1-1 Mewtwo X

As I said, it's great for stopping Gigas or AMU, but it can also be a big hitter, witch the deck really lacks, doing 120 damage.

+1 Spiritomb

This card is so so helpful if you time it right. Being able to add 10 to usually ALL of your opponents pokemon is great. The downside is that after you play it, it's a wasted bench space. Also, if you start with it, well, you just don't want to start with it.

+ Unknown G's

If you have a lot of Gengar/Dusknoir/Machamp stuff in your area, I would suggest putting a couple of these in the deck.

Anyway, thanks for reading and it's a really fun deck-- I'm just sad that I can't play it for states because it runs on a lot of poke-bodies and with the new dialga x coming out I'm afraid this deck won't be able to beat the other meta decks out there. Thanks again!

~Sam

It's the worst decklist I have EVER seen. I'm surprised you went 7-0. You must have been playing noobs.

Just kidding. ;p
You owned me with it. :[ It looks nice, but do you really need the Evoluters? You seemed to get set up quiet fast without them.

Lol but I don't know, the swiss match was pretty close. Anywho, I knew that I needed some sort of pokemon search cards other than BeBe what with 24 pokemon and a lot of 1 of's and such, so I just chose Dusk Ball. Evoluter really would have helped, it would've turned a spiritomb or azelf start into a way to evolve my bench. It also takes 3 whole turns to power a dusknoir so I could be evoluting while charging it. Now that I look at it closer, here they are in comparison:

Dusk Ball...
...Doesn't count as your attack
...Looks at 7 cards but no gaurentee to get what you need
...Can be affective late game as well as early game
...Mismagius can't discard it for extra damage against me

Evoluter...
...Garuntees you whatever pokemon you want
...wastes an attack :frown:
...Can be dropped/used anytime during the game
...you can drop a duskull, evolve with reaper cloth, and then evoluter for the dusknoir getting the whole line out in one turn

Overall, I think that evoluter is better.

I'm still amazed that you won with a deck you build the night before. >.>

The deck is nice, I'm also amazed at how fast everything stacks and all of you're opponent's Pokemon are all KO'd.

You're neglecting Poke Radar in a 24-pokemon build.

Also, I run both 2-1 Uxie and 1-1 Claydol and I find myself wanting the Uxie more than the Claydol.

Essentially, dropping the basic is great when you can slim your hand down to four cards including it. Later on, you can easily bring up the basic and level it up, getting the Pokedex each turn along with access to Zen Blade.

Claydol is only really good until you get set up. Once everything you need is in play, it doesn't really dig that deep (you can only 2-for-2 so much). It's also harder to get in play, and eats up just as much bench space - but you can Psychic Restore away an Uxie in a pinch.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I haven't tested Evoluters, so I won't knock it.

Last edited:
I really, really love Ampharos SW in something like this.
and year, I think Poke Radar is mandatory with 22+ Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back