Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dustox ex: What works well with it?

Metal Master

The few decks that do take this down aren't played heavily in my age division(11-14), so I was thinking of making a deck with this. But I have one problem: Nothing to go with it!

Its like that one shirt that looks awesome itself, but doesn't match up with anything, no matter what you try with it. (Woah, a fashion analogy...)

So any ideas? I was thinking of Pidgeot if Lunasol doesn't get off the ground, but if it does then I have nothing.

The deck poke's will definitely be:
DX Wurmple
LM Cascoon
LM Dustox ex

Not sure on the stadium, maybe Mt. Moon? So yeah.....its an idea with nothing but the framework done. =P

EDIT: Here are my ideas.....

Dustox/Pidgeot

^ If that fails, then we move on to plan B...

LudiCargoTox(I'll work on the name....)

^ Should work if I can get Dustox out and often. If that does go then I need help on speed....

Last edited:
Try a 2-1-2 or 1-1-1 (if you're Ross) line in Venu-Bliss. That way, you gain a huge advantage over EX decks, and when they send out a non-EX to attack, you can easily retreat the Dustox or play a Blissey to heal it and continue the beatdown.

The worst thing about this is that both of your main attackers have the same weaknesses. Not exactly good IMO.

Flaming_Spinach said:
Try a 2-1-2 or 1-1-1 (if you're Ross) line in Venu-Bliss. That way, you gain a huge advantage over EX decks, and when they send out a non-EX to attack, you can easily retreat the Dustox or play a Blissey to heal it and continue the beatdown.

The worst thing about this is that both of your main attackers have the same weaknesses. Not exactly good IMO.
To me that is almost creating a deck and adding this in there. Not what I wanted. I wanted to make it Dustox ex/_____ and have Dustox as the focus. Hmm.........T2 Dustox? :tongue:

What are Dustox ex's weaknesses. Bascially we're going to look at countering fire and psychic pokemon. The first thing that pops into my head is the eeveelutions (mainly because I had been thinking about them a couple of days ago) and they seem to fit in very very nicely. You get the type variation from playing different eeveelutions, and their coming-into-play powers (esp. Umbreon) are good enough to give Dustox ex a boost in power that is needed with its damage cap'd at 70 for 3.
Also, much like Dustox ex, Umbreon/Vaporeon has a useful pre-evolution. Eevee. Having Eevee and Wurmple will ensure you have a decent start every single game, unless you dont have an energy.
From PokeBeach, Jared.

Metal Master said:
The few decks that do take this down aren't played heavily in my age division(11-14), so I was thinking of making a deck with this. But I have one problem: Nothing to go with it!

Its like that one shirt that looks awesome itself, but doesn't match up with anything, no matter what you try with it. (Woah, a fashion analogy...)

So any ideas? I was thinking of Pidgeot if Lunasol doesn't get off the ground, but if it does then I have nothing.

The deck poke's will definitely be:
DX Wurmple
LM Cascoon
LM Dustox ex

Not sure on the stadium, maybe Mt. Moon? So yeah.....its an idea with nothing but the framework done. =P

Perhaps its best on its own. Besides Pidgeot, theres really nothing that can really combo well enough. I say leave it as it is. IMHO.

supertyranitar said:
Eh, I still don't think it needs anything else, It should be left as a swarmer.
So make it a 4-4-4 line? Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If it fails w/ Pidgeot, then Eevees it is.

Garuda said:
Maybe tech in a DX Grumpig line for mirror?
That's an idea. Not to mention it does help for a quick Medicham kill(as well as everything else with [P] weakness).

I'll screw around with it. Thanks for the tip.

Back