Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Every time I revamp AMU it has less energy in it

revdjweb

I started with 14. In its current incarnation I am down to 10. I think I see a way I could run it with 6 but I don't want to experiment in the middle of BRs.

In general how are other people's builds trending?

without getting into the minutae of what has to go right and everything that could go wrong can we all agree that if you can attack with supreme blast six times you will win a pokemon match with a metaphysical level of certainty? six supreme blasts mean 12 energies discarded of the course of a game. if i run only six in my deck that means i have to have the ability to pull six energy out of my discard pile over the course of the match. there are many simple ways to do this: night maintenance, energy pickup, energy restore, mewtwo, rotom, plusle, etc. prized energy are not a particular worry either since you can easily identify these with azelf and take them as your early prizes.

It doesn't work like that. You are going to prize enrergy and with so few energy you can't take the prizes even if you know what they are. You also are going to lose speed becuase you aren't going to start with an energy a lot. I mean look at a lot of decks like beedrill. You only need 5 energy because drill only needs 1 to atack and you already play a lot of NM but a lot of good list play at least 9. Now with amu you need speed and you have very little room for all of those cards. It's better to play more energy because then you don't have to worry. Plus you will almost always start with energy. I find that the more energy you get in play early the better you do mid and late game.

I run it with 12 and 1 dark for my mightyena. I also run energy 2 energy switch, 4 pickups, a night matenance
and 4 rosanne's to make sure I get the energy I need.

With 12, I RARELY find myself hurting for energy, but I run 2 of the LA Mespirit, so I do occasionaly use
Extrasensory to knock out those pesky stalling sacrifice pokemon.

So the more you run the LA mesprit and conserve energy, the less you need. but don't count on 12 being
enough for 6 supreme blasts...

12 is my minimum.

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

I use 14 in mine atm, and I don't think I would go any lower for leafeon versions. For straight AMU, I would say 12 at the very least. Going much lower then that ruins consistency.

6 energy would work right guys
*everyone in the entire world starts laughing*
ok ok i say 12 at the least

I tried to be optimistic and think of way he could pull off SIX energies...

Call .. .no he said six...psychic..

4 Roseanne's .. no... you'll need to pull out sprites..

uhm... my head hurts. I'm turning this off and going back to test playing my own AMU deck .. lol

You're forgetting the Uxie draw power. You don't want extra energy clogging your hand when you play Uxie, especially as roseanne's can search it alongside Uxie to draw into more for next turn.

isn't call energy bad in AMU, since you can just use the effect of the pixies if you put them on the bench from your hand right???

You use Call to get the MT Pixies out (especially Mesprit), also tech Basics like Mewtwo, Palkia, Evee or whatever.

I started with 14. In its current incarnation I am down to 10. I think I see a way I could run it with 6 but I don't want to experiment in the middle of BRs.

In general how are other people's builds trending?

6? thats 6 and 4 call right?

Back