Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Expert Belt...And What It Means For The Game

So. Expert Belt, great card yes? Like, what bad is there to say about this wonderful card?

for all the good, I can't help but wonder after looking through multiple threads that the game is now,
"LOL WHAT CAN I PUTZ EXPERT BELT ON?"

Kingdra doing 80 damage for one energy, 20 spread
Salamence doing 120 for two, and then with the Lv.X potentially drawing two prizes.
Rampardos, though it is not a great card, can do 100 for 1 energy?
There's alot more to be listed, alot of better combos actually.

Every Pokemon can benefit from this card.
Is this a good thing? It certainly opens up more possibilities...

It is basically the NON-SP answer to Energy Gain in a way, but it's not really.
Luxray GL, I can either do 60 for 1 with energy gain, or do 80 for 2 (which isn't inconvenient with Bronzong G) bring up any pokemon I want, do my damage, POKETURN and do it all over again.

So the question is made; is expert belt good for the game?

People are going to do exactly what you did "LOLZ WHAT CAN I PUT EXPERT BELT ON?!?!" and then, I think, they'll start realizing they need to be really careful about what they put it on. Because when it gets KO'd, the penalty is twice as huge.

Lots of hype, but ultimately won't be used that much. It will see some play in low energy, high HP decks like maybe Beedrill and Gyrados, but no one is going to put it on a Pokemon that has any kind of chance to get KO'd. It will get attached to a lot of Uxies before they go under the deck.

With Kingdra, you can expert belt 3 of them, and they will still have to go through 4 Kingdras. If you stagger their use, like EB EB Regular EB, then they will only take one prize with the last Expert Belted Kingdra.

Same for pretty much everything, but Kingdra looks like the best partner to me.

The risk with Expert Belt is no worse than when EX Pokemon were around...

Overall, I think it's at the lowest level, a splashable tech any deck can use. An instant 20 extra HP and damage is nothing to scoff at at all, especially if you're down to your last Pokemon anyways. At its best, it provides things like Regigigas with instant benefits; With Sacrifice available to make him virtually un-OHKO-able (save blocking it or pegging his weakness), he can last for a long time and make permanent use of the extra 20 HP and damage.

i think it'll be good in tangrowth, because with its high HP and healing it should stay around for a while. its good in kingdra too, and sadly maybe even rampardos.

This card makes small attacks that have COOL effects VERY VERY sneaky techs....

You guys... start looking at Stage 1s (and a few basics!) and their effect yeilding attacks while mummering to yourself .."expert belt" ...

I really like Expert Belt

I really think it's a bad/good card. If people play it right it's Game breaking and if people play it wrong it really hurts you. It's cool with SSU as they can take one hit then they Scoop it up. Stops the 2x Prize. And it's cool when they have one prize left. Vut if you don't play it right it really flops IMO.

Expert Belt is the surest proof we'll ever get that Windstorm isn't being reprinted anytime soon. Imagine that combo- no extra prize for you!

Or Mismagius SF, which isn't stopped by Gengar Lv.X.

Question about Mismagius SF and Expert Belt.

What happens if I do the first attaque with mismagius and discard the Expert Belt that is attached ? It does extra 20 of Expert Belt ?

What this card does is speed up the game. You didn't need 40 minutes to finish a game (from what I hear) during the EX era, with the double-prize backdraw to the EX cards. EXpert Belt should bring the mean time to take 6 prizes down overall.

Tangwroth X + Shaymin X Ground + Expert Belt (+Tangowroth got Restored + Snowpoint Temple =D )

show me a Pokemon that has more HP

eccept Wailord xD

Back