Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garbador - Turning your BW on Dream Decks into GARBAGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sToRm07

Hey there qtpies, long time no see.

I come from the mystical, swirly twirly land of NEXT FORMAT, and I have some dire warnings for you. It concerns a little a trash monster soon to be living in garbage cans near you -

GARBODOR:​

http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/bw5/dragon-blast/28.jpg

For those of you that cannot read the Nihongo (That means Japanese boys and girls), here it is in layman's terms.

Stage 1 - Evolves from Trubbish

Ability: Dust Toxin
As long as this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool card attached to it, ignore all Abilities printed on any cards in either player's field, hand, or discard pile (excluding any Dust Toxins).

[P][P][C] Sludge Toss: 60 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Crikey! It evolves from Trubbish at level 36... so we have a little time to prepare for his heavy format-trashing shenanigans. Not too much time though, mind you.

But STOP right there Judgemental Johnny!

I know what you are thinking. You are wondering why I am bothering with a stage 1 Pokemon who has 100 hp, and an attack that even a Cleffa could shake a stick at.​

The somber fact of the matter is, this Pogeymon will not be used to take prizes...OH NO. Instead it will specialize in making poor, unsuspecting trainers SCREAM IN FRUSTRATION as all their pokeman's abilities get

THROWN IN THE DUMPSTER OF USELESSNESS​

(via Dust Toxin)

and the simple help of a pokemon tool attachment to said trash monster. SUCH AS RESCUE SCARF. http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/bw5/dragon-blast/49.jpg

Now that we have established this little villian's intention to make muk hit the phanpy in this upcoming format, lets explore SPECIFICALLY the recently hyped deck archetypes that have a lethal DUST ALLERGY. Now, without further ado, here are examples of how GARBODOR lays down the dumpster law on three hyped "meta" decks for BW-on.

1.Darkrai/Hydreigon - A really hyped - probably top tier - deck next format.

BUT WHATS THIS? NANI KORE? It looks like mah boi DADDY G-DOR shuts all dem abilities down. Wanted to have free retreat? NOPE. Wanted to spread energy cooties? NOPE.

GET TRASHED BOI.​

2. Garchomp/Altaria (a.k.a Dragontalez with the trainer being Max or Emmy depending on gender of trainer playing this deck.) - This deck is also considered to be a candidate for top tierness. TOO BAD MAH BOI DADDY G-DOR LAYS DOWN THE LAW. Did you want the fluffy goose to make your dragon men hit for 20 more DPS? NOPE, its Garbodor hustlas. Gabite searching for his dragon friends? Sike! Garby shuts friendship down too!

GET TRASHED BOI.

3. Zek Eels : Eelektrik? More like baby bop. Your eel is now a useless bench sitter. DAT GOON GARBODOR is king of the trash can. You really think you could pull out energy from this boi's turf? You trippin shawty.

GET TRASHED BOI.​

As we can see, Garbodor is really a pretty stinky threat next format. My advice? USE IT OR FAIL.

Questions? Problems? Counter Arguments? Come at me bros. The savior of the format will be arriving soon. LET ME HEAL YOU OF YOUR BLINDNESS.

Last edited:
"Point the biggest skeptic out, ill make em a believer"

Wow, so you're going to be able to dig for one of your 2 tool scrapper (because any more than 2 is just blasphemy) then have a catcher, and be able to KO either a 120 HP bench sitter or be able to knockout multiple Garbodor before an attacker from my deck takes prizes as well as doing this with no access to abilities

Gooby pls

I am simply meaning you need to have some other plan because garbodor doesn't last too long. I mean one night spear and then catcher something else and 30 to the same one boom knockout. I donno maybe I'm just skeptical. I've never seen this deck in action.

So . . . people won't run more than 2 Tool Scrapper, but they will run, say a 2-2 Garbodor line + 2 Large Cloak?

Tool Scrapper is good against more than just Garbador. Terrakions don't have to worry about Eviolited Darkrais for the OHKO. I think anything playing Terrakion (or anything that needs to get past Eviolite) will definitely play more than 2 Tool Scrapper. Plus, with no Junk Arm, expect Darkrai decks to run even more tools. I wouldn't be surprised if 3 - 4 Junk Arm became standard.

On the other hand, I have been giving Garbador/Zebstrika some thought. Trainer lock would be good anyways in the new format with more viable Stage 2's and no search supporters (or any supporters beyond a select few). It would stop both Tool Scrapper and Catcher (which would ruin Garbador as well due to its huge retreat). The problem is, Zebstrika's HP is so low and Disconnect only does 40 =/ Rocky Helmet or Large Cloak may help, and they activate Garbador. It sounds annoying and disruptive but still too winnable without something else.

It's a shame that you treated this like a joke. Makes it hard to salvage any point from it. We understand Garbodor shuts off abilities. Saying it thirty different ways with degenerating grammar doesn't teach us anything new. If you wanted to actually make something informative or topic initiating, you could've gone into: Cards Garbodor goes well with, the different available tools and what ones are the best, what Garbodor needs in a partner to beat meta decks ( and there will be more than 3, unlike what your post assumes), the weaknesses of Garbodor (Catcher, psychic weak, Raikou ex, decks that don't use abilities, tool scraper etc) and how to prepare for these problems. You didn't even need to go into all of them and make an article, you could've brought them up as questions to be answered throughout the thread.

Garbodor's pretty cool. I think he could be fun with Zebstrika with the right support, as it can lock Items even with Dust Toxin active.

that's plain rubbish. Who is going to pack more than 1 or 2 tool scrappers? You should test before you make assumptions bby. ;)

I would. If bby is supposed to be baby, then I think you are very immature. Garbodor has potential I am just not sure how much. You are making it sound like it the best thing since the light bulb.

I really cannot tell if you are being COMPLETELY serious but I'll bite.

Hey there qtpies, long time no see.

I come from the mystical, swirly twirly land of NEXT FORMAT, and I have some dire warnings for you. It concerns a little a trash monster soon to be living in garbage cans near you -

GARBODOR:​

http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/bw5/dragon-blast/28.jpg

For those of you that cannot read the Nihongo here it is in layman's terms.

Stage 1 - Evolves from Trubbish

Ability: Dust Toxin
As long as this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool card attached to it, ignore all Abilities printed on any cards in either player's field, hand, or discard pile (excluding any Dust Toxins).

[P][P][C] Sludge Toss: 60 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Crikey! It evolves from Trubbish at level 36... so we have a little time to prepare for his heavy format-trashing shenanigans. Not too much time though, mind you.

But STOP right there Judgemental Johnny!

I know what you are thinking. You are wondering why I am bothering with a stage 1 Pokemon who has 100 hp, and an attack that even a Cleffa could shake a stick at.​

The somber fact of the matter is, this Pogeymon will not be used to take prizes...OH NO. Instead it will specialize in making poor, unsuspecting trainers SCREAM IN FRUSTRATION as all their pokeman's abilities get

THROWN IN THE DUMPSTER OF USELESSNESS​

(via Dust Toxin)

and the simple help of a pokemon tool attachment to said trash monster. SUCH AS RESCUE SCARF. http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/bw5/dragon-blast/49.jpg

Now that we have established this little villian's intention to make muk hit the phanpy in this upcoming format, lets explore SPECIFICALLY the recently hyped deck archetypes that have a lethal DUST ALLERGY. Now, without further ado, here are examples of how GARBODOR lays down the dumpster law on three hyped "meta" decks for BW-on.

Trubbish has 70 hp. This means Mewtwo EX can KO it with just the energy needed to use his attack (DCE). This is catcher donk fodder. Mewtwo EX can KO Garbador with only 3 energy. That alone makes him extremely hard to effectively utilize as almost all pokemon that are being run can OHKO either of them. Just a minor side point for the moment.

1.Darkrai/Hydreigon - A really hyped - probably top tier - deck next format.

BUT WHATS THIS? NANI KORE? It looks like mah boi DADDY G-DOR shuts all dem abilities down. Wanted to have free retreat? NOPE. Wanted to spread energy cooties? NOPE.

GET TRASHED BOI.​

Darkrai does not need to use his ability. Hydreigon does not need to use Darkrai's ability. Darkrai does not need Hydreigon's ability to energy accel, we have dark patch for that. Darkrai can KO Trubbish straight up and can KO Garbador with a PP/Dark Claw AND spread damage to the next one on the bench. Hydreigon is only needed for Darkrai to effectively outpace the other big basics by utilizing Max Potion. It is EXTREMELY hard to OHKO Darkrai (dare I say nigh impossible? rogue fighting decks notwithstanding of course). So he tanks while doing a respectable 90-110 to the active and bench spread while EFFECTIVELY tanking as well. In the instance of Garbador neither ability in the deck is needed to counter him.

2. Garchomp/Altaria (a.k.a Dragontalez with the trainer being Max or Emmy depending on gender of trainer playing this deck.) - This deck is also considered to be a candidate for top tierness. TOO BAD MAH BOI DADDY G-DOR LAYS DOWN THE LAW. Did you want the fluffy goose to make your dragon men hit for 20 more DPS? NOPE, its Garbodor hustlas. Gabite searching for his dragon friends? Sike! Garby shuts friendship down too!

GET TRASHED BOI.

Again, Garchomp does not need Altaria to OHKO Trubbish or Garbador. He will still do 60 for ONE energy, and 100 for 2. Altaria is only needed to OHKO the rest of the non-dragon pokemon. Catcher kill as usual.

3. Zek Eels : Eelektrik? More like baby bop. Your eel is now a useless bench sitter. DAT GOON GARBODOR is king of the trash can. You really think you could pull out energy from this boi's turf? You trippin shawty.

GET TRASHED BOI.​

Zekrom/Raikou EX/Mewtwo EX/Tornadus EX/Rayquaza EX all OHKO Trubbish and Garbador. Eelektrik is only needed to have a constant stream of pokemon that are fully energized to continually bash your opponent. However since you are running Garbador you are in the same boat as far as energy acceleration goes, and The rest of their deck will keep up with what you throw at them until Garbador is gone and then they are ahead in resources again. The fact that Raikou EX can snipe all your Garbador and Mewtwo EX only needing 2-3 energy to take care of them, Garbador will have a hard time keeping up.

As we can see, Garbodor is really a pretty stinky threat next format. My advice? USE IT OR FAIL.

Questions? Problems? Counter Arguments? Come at me bros. The savior of the format will be arriving soon. LET ME HEAL YOU OF YOUR BLINDNESS.

The main problem with Garbador is his low HP and coupling double-edged ability. The theme of denying your opponent their abilities also puts you in the same position as them. And i don't see how you could keep up with decks that can effectively accelerate without abilities or return the favor without abilities. He would be a wasted bench sitter and easy prizes.

All of the very easy and simple counter arguments I proposed aren't even considering his ability. I didn't even include Tool Scrapper which would make him useless for that turn. Most decks should and will be playing 2-3 Tool Scrappers. There is absolutely NO reason not to. Every deck will utilize Tools in some fashion. And every deck will be playing Pokemon Catcher. He is just too easy to get around for him to be considered a threat, at the moment at least. You have not provided a deck list or combo for us to touch upon the validity of using him. As it stands, it's nothing special.

And I know, or at the very least feel, that you were being mildly-severely sarcastic judging by the tone in which you provided your argument (or lack thereof). But in case you were being serious, then you have my stance on it.

and there will be more than 3, unlike what your post assumes)

Silly Shino. Are there bugs in your eyes? Read more carefully. Just because I listed three examples of meta decks next format does not by any means show that I assumed that there will only be three. I was merely giving three examples out of a wide pool. If I wanted to be fancy, I could have talked about how it could shut down the upcoming water toolbox decks, or decks with vileplume, gothitelle, gardevoir etc.

Furthermore:

It's a shame that you treated this like a joke. Makes it hard to salvage any point from it.

This is actually generating a pretty solid discussion. So stop being a negative nancy.

saying it thirty different ways with degenerating grammar doesn't teach us anything new

Degenerating grammar? Or ebonic freedom? You need to be careful about making such sweeping statements my bug catching friend. You either have no clue about my educational and cultural background, or simply don't care. Let's all try to be friendly and constructive here pls.

With that all behind us,

choo choo, the train of ideas and imagination is taking off now, climb aboard bug master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back