Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Great Lakes Regionals April 15- Exclusive Pokemon Etched IPODS!!

farbsman

Great Lakes Regional Championships
April 15, 2006

Potawatomi Inn
Pokagon State Park
Lake James Ball Room
6 Lane 100A Lake James
Angola, Indiana, 46703

You must tell them at the Gate that your there for the Pokemon Regionals or they will charge you

Play begins: After Registration and Deck Checks Finish

Location Map

City Map

What you need to Bring

POP ID #, If you don't have one or have lost yours, one will be assigned to you at the tournament.
60 card modified deck (see below for info on modified)
A die/coin and some damage counters
Extra money for food
Cards you would like to trade (we are not responsible for lost or stolen cards)

Main Tournament Format

All 60-card decks must be made to the current Modified Format which consists of cards from the following card sets:

EX Hidden Legends
EX FireRed & LeafGreen
EX Team Rocket Returns
EX Deoxys
EX Emerald
EX Unseen Forces
EX Delta Species
EX Legend Maker
EX Trainer Kit
POP Series One Promo Cards
POP Series Two Promo Cards
All Black Star Promos numbered 027 and up.

Prizes!!

1st Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Champion Trophy
A travel award for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18), US Residents only, to the 2006 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio! (Visit www.originsgames.com for more information)
A scholarship award worth $2000
Four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $1000

3rd Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
A scholarship award worth $750

4th Place

A scholarship award worth $750

5th through 8th Place

A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Door Prizes

*3 Special Edition Ipod Nano's (one Each Age Group). These are only available at one of my events :) Pictures of it here
*Pokemon Themed Sleeves
*Pokemon TCG Legend Maker Packs
*Pokemon Watches
*Gengar Deck Boxes
*Plush Pokemon
*Pokemon Mini Lunch Boxes
*Pokemon Deck Boxes w/Clear Ultra Pro Sleeves
*ITunes $15 Gift Cards
*Electronic Pokemon

Pokemon Side Events

Pokémon Modified Swiss Tournament-Players will need to bring there own Modified Legal 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds of Age-Modified Swiss based on attendance. Prizes based on Swiss Rounds. Cost: $5.00

Pokémon Sealed Swiss Tournament-Players will recieve 6 packs of Legend Maker to build a 40 card deck. Energy Provided. Players will play a number of rounds of Age-Modified Swiss based on attendance. Prizes based on Swiss Rounds. Cost: $15.00

Pokemon Mutant-Players will need to bring there own Modified Legal Mutant 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds of Age-Modified Swiss based on attendance. Prizes based on Swiss Rounds. Cost: $5.00

Hotel Information

Potawatomi Inn
6 Lane 100A Lake James
Angola, Indiana, 46703
Fax: (260) 833-4087
Toll free phone:1-877-768-2928
Hotel Website

Pokagon State Park Recreation Facilities

Nature Center: Exhibits of natural and cultural history. Hours may vary, but generally 10:00am - 5:00pm on weekends

Nature Trails: 7 trails for hiking ranging from easy to moderate in difficulty with distances of 0.5 to 2.5 miles.

Bike Trails: A 1.5 mile paved trail links primary and recreational facilities.

Boat Rentals: Rowboats - $5.00/hour Paddle boats - $8.00/hour. Pontoons are available to rent Memorial Day through Labor Day for $175 plus tax per day, plus $100 per day damage deposit. Pontoons are reserved through Inn reservations procedures, and age restrictions apply.

Boat Tours - Take a tour on our replica 1902 30' electric fantail launch. Tours are about an hour in length and can accomodate 14 passengers. Adults: $9.00, Senior Citizen: $7.00 and Children: $5.00.

Camping: Campground is equipped with modern and primitive facilities.

Group Camp: Capacity of up to 120 persons with its own kitchen facilities.

Swimming: Two swimming beaches are located within the park; one at the inn, and one at the main park beach.

Saddle Barn: Guided trail rides on horseback. Cost is $15.00 per person with a minimum of 8 years of age or 50 inches tall. Pony rides are available to small children, 7 and under, for $3.00 per child.

Picnic Shelters: There are 6 shelters available for rent from $25.00 to $75.00

Toboggan Slide: One of 3 refrigerated toboggan slides in the nation, the Park slide opens on Thanksgiving weekend every year and runs each weekend through the last weekend in February. A special 4 person sled is available at a cost of $10.00 per hour. Must be 16 with a valid driver's license. Call for details.

Cross Country Skiing: Park maintains ski trails for cross country skiing. With a 4-6 inch snow base, skis, boots, and poles are available for rent at the Upper C.C.C shelter on weekends. Otherwise, individuals may use their own equipment. Skiing is at an individual's own risk.

Satellite TV is available at Potawatomi Inn.

Potawatomi Restaurant

Food and Beverage
Restaurant -- Main Dining Room
Seating: 200
Menu: Buffets at all three meals.
Dress: Casual
Hours:
Breakfast: 7:00am - 10:30am
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 8:00pm

Cafe
Seating: 50 inside, 40 outside
Menu: Light sandwiches, salads, soups and snacks
Dress: Casual
Hours vary by season

Last edited:
blastoise1992 said:
Worlds trips? Are you sure? I thought they they weren't giving them out this year.

Ooops I accidently copied from last years Regional Prize thing. I changed it to this years :rolleyes:

Are you doing a lunch break? Worried, because this looks like it could be a long affair if we decide to travel from Missouri (which I hope we will)

In any event - best of luck to all!

If we show up, just best of luck to us!! (LOL)

Thanks

Vince

Added Some door prizes above. Yes there will be a lunch break.

You have to see the one door prize above, the pictures are of the prototypes, the actual ones have a silver back and are 1GB

Also, anyone going to the regional, PLEASE, PLEASE take a shower/use deoderant before you come to the tourney.

Door Prizes

I wish I could go to this event, I think you must have the best door prizes in the history of pokemon!:smile:

OK Derek...how do you afford ANYTHING with door prizes like that?

Dude, must talk about sending me a Meganium one.....

Don't I get an auto-one for being a PTO and a Piglet Promoter?

Talk to you soon!

Vince

i think a no shower no pokemon policy should be institued to keep these events much cleaner and hygenic :)

Should the judges take showers? Nothing like a sweaty smelly judge standing over your game!

Don't worry, I will be fresh and clean before the event, considering I am staying there the whole weekend.

If anyone is in need of a shower, I volunteer my room for use!

I'll be there. The question is: intentionally concede the finals so I can play more than one regional?! Or win WITH EASE like I'm capable of doing? GOOD QUESTION!

Moss Factor said:
I'll be there. The question is: intentionally concede the finals so I can play more than one regional?! Or win WITH EASE like I'm capable of doing? GOOD QUESTION!
Capable is the key word, just like the Seahawks were capable of winning the Super Bowl. :tongue: :biggrin:

Quick note: Registration ends at 11:30am, anyone who gets in line after that will not play the first round, no exceptions. We had people that arrived early waiting to register at both Indiana and Michigan States. Please register right away when you get there so we can get this tournament started as quickly as possible after the end of registration. Promos and pins are very limited so if you want one I suggest being in line early. I ran out in both Michigan and Indiana States and imagine I will run out early at this event also.

rooms are surprisingly cheap on-site ($52/night for the historic cabins) - ill have a room open most of friday night for playtesting.

Back