Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gym Leader discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon

To avoid all confusion about how to become a GL, we will do this instead. We will not let people choose who wants to become a GL yet of certain gyms yet. As of now, we are going to set requirements of how to become one and you must meet all of them.

AS OF NOW, NO ONE CAN LAY CLAIM TO A SPECIFIC GYM. AS OF NOW, THIS IS A QUALIFYING THREAD.

Ultimatedra will edit this as he sees fit to make sure we have a tight list here. We will do this first before we go any further.

Requirements

1. You MUST have your own wireless network as this will be a wifi league. This does not mean a borrowed network.

2. You MUST have at least 2 years of competitive battling experience in Pokemon. This does not mean by tier list or other fan made rules. This means that you know what you are doing and can hold your own in a battle.

3. You MUST accept all GYM challenges that you as a Gym Leader get.

4. You MUST have at least 10 hours or battle at least 6 people per week. Do not apply if you can't commit to this.

5. If you become a Gym Leader, you will be the GL of your gym for 1 year and will have to carry out your duties as a GL till next years vote.

As of now, that's the basic requirement. We'll choose the 8 most qualified to be Gym Leaders. Not everyone will be picked. If you think you can be one, let us know. Anyone can apply.

Everyones name posted here has the chance to become a Gym Leader for Pokegym. Now, to choose our 8 GL's, we will do test battles. Now, you have to each tester. If you win or lose, you will be given a score by the tester. You should have 3 Scores. We will make a grading rubric with a few categories in it. These numbers will range from 1-10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. After you get your testers have your scores, they will be posted here. The 8 members with the highest scores will be Gym Leaders for Pokegym. If they is a tie, the members who have a tie will battle and the winner will be a GL.

Pokegym's Gym Leaders will pick the type or theme of their gym. After this step, we can move into step 2 and start making rules for the gym.

Applications (CLOSED)

Vaporeon
Pikamaster
Kayle
David's Confused Pokedad
Chompy
Varna
pokemon99
superwolfs
StarrySora
Elite_4_Allen
Arcanine/Arbok Master
Imawario
Muk Man
ILL-BILL

Testers (CLOSED)

Benzo
Tyranny of Tyranitar
Pyro Entite
ultimatedra

Last edited:
Dragon. I don't really know what to say for reason though. Isn't kind of unfair that members get to vote unless they get to actually see how good the nominees are?

I'll start this off.

The reason why I would like to be they flying type Gym Leader is because I favor the flying class out of all the others. I can use just about all flying Pokemon all the way from Pidgeot to Rayquaza with original sets and spreads. I'm also doing this to prove that Flying type Pokemon can be just as raw as Dragon types and to restore the respect that they use to have.

I also come random to my battles because I like it when my opponents don't know what I'm going to do next and keeping them on the defense.

Just post something like that. If anything else, now it the time to brag about yourself.

I would like to be the Fire gym leader. I love fire always have and always all. I have a awesome set of fire type pokemon.
The range of moves that I'm able to use is a nice challange for anyone that think fire types are limited to just speed and fire ablities. I'm not going to list my maen team just in case I get to be a gl people will have to guess what i'm going to pull out next.

I'd love to be the electric gym leader for a couple reasons.

1. Electric is one of the best types, and one of my favorite, the only things resisting it being Grass, Dragon and Ground.

2. Pikachu is an Electric type, and I regularly show people how good Pikachu can be, even in OU.

3. I'm actually somewhat decent at the game, and I would like to give the people who participate a challenge.

Now I won't say anymore since I'm terrible at arguing, but hopefully I'll make it in. ^_^

I would like to apply. I'm always dedicated to everything I start, so you can count on me for
keeping to it. I've had 3 years competitive battling. I have about 10 hours per week on the CPU
on average. I can accept all challenges, too.

The problem is that I don't have Wi-Fi fixed up yet. It's activated, but it has a password lock I can't
unlock. But my friend has a Wi-Fi unit I can battle over. Is that ok? -David

Last edited:
I want to be a Fire Type Gym Leader because almost every generation, I pick a Fire Type. I love how Charizard breathes that hot fire and he's my favorite starter Pokemon personally. It's so much fun when you burn the opponent's opponent and their attack power gets cripple, because of the burned condition. Even though Fire Pokemon hate Stealth Rock, they still take it like a true warrior. Also, im playing a Fire Type deck for States as well and so far this year, all I have playing is BlazeRay (Mainly because of Blaziken).

Vaporeon, here is an idea. After voting takes place, we let the gym leaders pick the gym they want, in order that they won. SO the person with most votes for them and then picking would continue until all 8 choose.

Until then Id like to submit an application for Steel or electric. As an electrical engineer, I know way to much about electronics and can thus proceed to bore all my challengers with a long drawn out speech on various inverting circuits and their effectiveness. :) Id do steel if not electric just because Im closer to a great all steel team than anything, at the present.

Dark.

I've always been mystified by Dark Pokemon. They vary so widely and have so many different capabilities, and my fascination with them has led them to being my favorite type of Pokemon. Dark-types can be sneaky and disruptive; they can be bold and imposing, they can be fast and harsh, they can be monsters of the Armageddon. They have it all, the best of the best.

Dark.

I've always been mystified by Dark Pokemon. They vary so widely and have so many different capabilities, and my fascination with them has led them to being my favorite type of Pokemon. Dark-types can be sneaky and disruptive; they can be bold and imposing, they can be fast and harsh, they can be monsters of the Armageddon. They have it all, the best of the best.

Sadly, there is not Dark gym. If Psychic does not pick up, it can be changed to Dark.

Sadly, there is not Dark gym. If Psychic does not pick up, it can be changed to Dark.

Sorry Kayle, dashing your hopes there. :T

I'll apply for the Psychic spot. I'm not going to bore you with fluff, I know you don't want to read. The primary reason should be more than obvious, but I've overused a lot of Psychic types in my time playing.

Sorry Kayle, dashing your hopes there. :T

I'll apply for the Psychic spot. I'm not going to bore you with fluff, I know you don't want to read. The primary reason should be more than obvious, but I've overused a lot of Psychic types in my time playing.

It's okay. I wouldn't want psychic anyway, epic as it is.

Dark and Ice aren't on the board, though... that's really saddening, they should be. All right, then - I'll go for Electric.

It's okay. I wouldn't want psychic anyway, epic as it is.

Dark and Ice aren't on the board, though... that's really saddening, they should be. All right, then - I'll go for Electric.

Oh come on, not another person for electric.=P

Would this be the place to request being a substitute GL?
If it is, I would like to be a sub.
Also too, if someone is a sub, and they are playing to earn the badges- and that person is asked to sub and be a GL- what happens with the badge status? Or would that person be allowed to continue on with the badge quest and be a GL as well?

i'd like to be the rock or steel gym. I like how they are so defenseful and am currently training for an epic steelix

Oh come on, not another person for electric.=P

Raaaaawr. >:3

I can't believe Dark and Ice aren't on there though. SERIOUSLY? Those are like... two of the best types in the game.

Can I make a secondary choice? If so, uh, let's go with Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back